So would now be a good time to talk about the TRS19 Icon?

normhart

Trainz Entry Level
As far as I can tell it appears to be a paper airplane made out of a manila folder, possibly one of the old Windows File Explorer folders. :hehe:

I have disliked the Trainz logo for a very long time now. The lettering is terrible, the icon doesn't really come across as a train, and the word is slanted the wrong way for the motion lines. Not to mention the out-of-vogue gradient.

peter

As far as I can tell it appears to be a paper airplane made out of a manila folder, possibly one of the old Windows File Explorer folders. :hehe:

nah, with all the other issues to deal with that could improve the app, , this should be the last cab off the rank.

We could always run a user competition to design a new logo. Paste them here in this thread.

Simple solution is change the shortcut icon.

The logo actually looks reasonable when viewed in full on My Trainz, however the icon is a somewhat truncated version.

Personally not bothered what the icon looks like, got more important things to bother about ;o)

Yes you are right there are more important issues. I started this thread before I realized what a train wreak TRS19 SP1 was.

Back