Article: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition Announced

Currently the Steam version cannot be updated to Platinum. This is still planned (and has been for some time) so your options are to wait a while, or buy from the Trainz store, or become a Trainz Plus member to always get the latest version (and a free FCT).

I want to get Trainz to recreate the Island of Sodor and drive around it, because the interface seems more user friendly compared to TS 202, but I'm not sure if I should sink $40 - $70 dollars into Trainz simply for that. The videos seem like it's good quality, and there looks like more Thomas the Tank Engine trains are free ware on Trainz.Trainz also seems like it'd be easier to get camera angles to watch the trains go by on, but I don't really have much train simulator experience at all.
Should I get Trainz 2019 or should I just stick it out with Train Simulator 2020 and force myself to learn everything?
Current experiences with Train Simulator 202 is that

• Everything fun seems to be locked behind paywalls
  • No free roam which I can do atm.
  • Scenarios don't let me do what I really want to do, which is drive around at high speeds and look at the trains and scenery.
  • Can't change the trains faces, which is to be expected tbf
  • The Island of Sodor community stuff seems to need other DLCs which I don't feel it's worth getting.

Cant download TS19 on Imac ,cant get hold of anyone to help .

I bought TS19 UK edition and I cant download it under any circumstances ....Im older and not as computer savvy as younger people ,but should be able to buy a simulator ,download it and play it ! I cant find anywhere where I can get actual help and post pics of the screens I get ( apart from the help menu that doesnt cover my situation ) All in all I have wasted £14.99 and 2 days trying to simply download and play a game I have paid for. I would of bought more routes and engines etc had I been able to get Trainz onto my Imac .

Last edited:
Hi Donkeydave22
There is a known issue where some Macs are not handling the download link for the TRS19 Mac edition at the current time. Our team are looking into this, however there are some options may make the file download.

The first option is to right click on the download (you may need to Control + Click if you do not have right click enabled), then click on 'save link as'.

If this does not work, then please try right clicking on the download and then click on 'copy link location', then paste the URL into the address bar at the top of your browser. Now at the start of the URL, change 'dl1' to 'cdnsource' (ie http://dl1.n3vgames.com/... becomes http://cdnsource.n3vgames.com/...).

Now press enter to start the download.

Regards

Last edited:
I would like to know if anyone can help me to learn to write gs files, or tell me where I can get a book to teach me? I want to be able to make all my diesel locomotives burn diesel fuel in TRS2019. I have some payware diesel locomotives that burn diesel fuel and use sand. I have tired to use the files in the config file from them to make other diesel locomotives burn diesel fuel, but they do not work.

I like this game. And TANE too. Has some errors but it's comprensible due to this big and open database. Worth the pain.
How about a Spain RENFE DLC?
If you don't have, purchase now! :D

Back