Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition Announced

I would be interested of this information about mac performance in the platinum version. Metal graphic card performance?

Maybe I am a little off-topic. Can someone tell me please under which name is this locomotive in Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition? Couldn't find it.
Marketing_07_543dec48-3320-4c6e-bc09-1b4fbc568511.jpg

Haven't used Trainz since 2012 release and haven't had it installed for a few years now. However, I couldn't pass up the summer sale all of the platinum stuff for $50?! Such a sweet deal (I hope :) ). I'm addicted to Railroad empire but ready to do something a lot more creative. Looking forward to all the goodies on this new version.

Something To Note Regarding Trainz 2019 Platinum

On the website it specifically mentions to please consider the Gold Membership, before buying Platinum. I would certainly recommend the membership if you want Trainz to work correctly. I have discovered a bug in Platinum that would affect generally most sessions you install in it. It's a missing rule that has been updated in TANE Plus. It is a session rule I believe in Trainz. The only way to fix the bug, according to N3V, is to update to TANE Plus. I updated, and it did fix the issue. I just want to let people know that as they update assets N3V may remove them from built-in assets-assets that are required by DLCs (one of which has created a problem with a different kuid), or built-in kuids that are needed to run Trainz. I have only dabbled in session creation for a few hours and already found these bugs, and submitted tickets and N3V replied that updating to the latest build was my only option. With the DLC bug N3V upgraded me to Trainz 2019 Platinum to fix that one. I had the Silver Membership and apparently one of the DLCs installed an asset that had been updated to build 105100 without considering that it wouldn't be backwards compatible. The Trainz 2019 Platinum bug in question is <kuid2:401543:3203:1> Interlocking Tower Path Selection UI.

So is N3V offering free upgrades? I would assume if they are not going to fix there code then they would offer these as free upgrades. Otherwise this is inexcusable. Also, if they are removing built-ins, it better be because they are now DLS, otherwise that is inexcusable also. I am not paying for upgrades to get fixes for broken code!

Will they fix this bug? if so -
Is it worth buying the Trainz 2019 Platinum Edition , Which is on sale ,even tho i own Trainz 2019 North American Edition ?
I look forward to any advice.

Regards

Last edited:
Is it worth buying the Trainz 2019 Platinum Edition , Which is on sale ,even tho i own Trainz 2019 North American Edition ?

I have both TRS19 Platinum and TRS19 SP1. I use Platinum for most of my work and SP1 to check that the work I do in Platinum is compatible with SP1. Platinum has a huge advantage over SP1 - the ability to pause a running Driver session, jump straight into Surveyor to fix a scenery, texture or other issue that you have just noticed, then jump back into Driver to continue where you left off with the fix made. I was initially skeptical about this feature but now I could not do without it.

I have so far found only two scenery assets that have a higher kuid upgrade number in SP1 than they do in Platinum with no way to upgrade the Platinum version. I have made a bug report.

I have no advice to give regarding the use of your North American Edition in Platinum.

Those higher kuids may have com from DLC routes. At some point in early TRS19 DLC assets became built in instead of payware.

Hi All
As with all updates to Trainz, we do not actively support using content from newer releases/builds in older releases/builds. In the case of the TRS19 Platinum Edition and the newer TrainzPlus releases, the content formats are the same and as such routes and sessions should work; however there are some cases where built-in content maybe updated to fix bugs/issues in the newer builds and these will not be available in earlier builds.

The good news is that we are working on the next update for TRS19 itself, however we don't currently have a release date for this. This should resolve the majority of the current dependency/compatibility issues with content made in TRS19 Platinum or Trainz Plus releases.

Regards

Those higher kuids may have com from DLC routes. At some point in early TRS19 DLC assets became built in instead of payware.

Yes, I got a response from QA and that was indeed the case. But it does mean that routes created in TRS19 SP1 can have assets reported as "obsolete" in PE with no update path.

As with all updates to Trainz, we do not actively support using content from newer releases/builds in older releases/builds. In the case of the TRS19 Platinum Edition and the newer TrainzPlus releases, the content formats are the same and as such routes and sessions should work; however there are some cases where built-in content maybe updated to fix bugs/issues in the newer builds and these will not be available in earlier builds.

Which somewhat explains my situation. However, I have resolved the issue by replacing those "update issue" assets with similar ones that do not have the problem.

This has been a good example of the benefits of testing routes in what one would think were different but "compatible" TRS19 versions.

The good news is that we are working on the next update for TRS19 itself, however we don't currently have a release date for this. This should resolve the majority of the current dependency/compatibility issues with content made in TRS19 Platinum or Trainz Plus releases.

Good to hear. I will look forward to it, no matter how long it takes.

Peter

So if this is the case that Platinum and PLUS are the same build then there is no stable build of Platinum? I found PLUS to be a nightmare and was thinking about getting Platinum if it was stable but it doesn't look that way.

I have found Platinum to be very stable. Are you certain that the problems you are having with Plus are not due solely to the features that are present in both versions but are only activated in Plus?

Well my route and session has been working fine until PLUS and then I started having all kinds of problems. Is that conclusive enough?

Is that conclusive enough?

Not really. All my routes, from TANE and from TRS19 SP1 and TRS19 Platinum (pre SP2) are all working fine. I don't have PLUS so I cannot comment on that except to say that both Platinum and PLUS are identical in that they have exactly the same programming code. The additional features that are present in PLUS are also present but locked away in Platinum.

Two of the possibilities are:-

• The unlocked PLUS code has the issues you are experiencing (remember this is a beta version).
  • Some of the assets you have installed which worked in build 4.6 are not behaving in build 4.7 (the build of the new beta). This could include any new assets available only for PLUS.

My thoughts.

Never did get my physical copy

Tom

There are no physical copies of Platinum.

So if this is the case that Platinum and PLUS are the same build then there is no stable build of Platinum? I found PLUS to be a nightmare and was thinking about getting Platinum if it was stable but it doesn't look that way.

Create a fresh local data folder, check if there are any problems. If not, then the issue is related to your content. Through a process of elimination using disable content and retesting, it is possible to track down the offending item(s).

Back