Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition Announced

Having sat out the Silver / Gold experience, (very little interest in DLC) I've been looking forward to the new unified Surveyor/Driver interface. At first glace, I'm liking it, liking it a lot. Most of my Trainz activity is building sample maps, making dedicated objects and then testing in my maps. Being able to jump quickly from Surveyor to Driver and back is worth the price of admission. For some reason, trackside objects just don't look the same in Surveyor as they do in Driver. Especially the alignments.

The download and installation of TRS19 Platinum went without a hitch.
The import of my test maps also went without any issues.

I just looked again at the pricing and frankly for an upgrade it is disgraceful. Existing owners of TRS19 Classic should not be expected to pay more than around £20 (US$25) for what amounts to three new routes, one of which is a model railway and rolling stock content which has probably been taken from the DLS. (Plus a dubious interface change). Even with my $10 voucher that still works out at nearly £50. I could buy several items for ETS2 or the DTG sims in the Steam sale for that and still have change.

I'll be here when N3V decide to implement a more realistic pricing structure.

Two opposing opinions on the same product - yes, this certainly is a Trainz forum

Having sat out the Silver / Gold experience, (very little interest in DLC) I've been looking forward to the new unified Surveyor/Driver interface. At first glace, I'm liking it, liking it a lot.

I just looked again at the pricing and frankly for an upgrade it is disgraceful. Existing owners of TRS19 Classic should not be expected to pay more than around £20 (US$25) for what amounts to three new routes, ...

Both opinions are valid according to the needs, means, expectations and experiences of the posters. For one, the new Unified Driver Surveyor interface is the main reason for moving to Platinum. For the other the cost-benefit of the upgrade is the main reason for not moving to Platinum.

But it does seem that many users have made the jump to Platinum.

Me - I am currently sitting on the fence. I am mostly a route builder so the new interface interests me but I do have some reservations about it. I always thought that such a feature would be very useful but would also be impossible to implement satisfactorily - but I am willing to be proven wrong. So I will be following this forum with interest.

Been gone quite a while..... I have given up on TRS2006. Looking at purchase of new TRS2019 . Can't decide Platinum at $69 or regular at $49. In the past I spent more time at forming terrain, laid track, and set buildings........ Any comments?

Last edited:
Been gone quite a while..... I have given up on TRS2006. Looking at purchase of new TRS2019 . Can't decide Platinum at $69 or regular at $49. In the past I spent more time at forming terrain, laid track, and set buildings........ Any comments?

My comment is that the choice is a highly personal one. What is right for one isn't right for someone else. But study and understand so that you know what you are getting. I would start by looking at this comparison chart making sure you understood every feature and item. important info on top AND the bottom comparison chart. Note that there are now Gold, Silver, and Plus programs and there is also the new Platinum edition. If you do layouts and are Surveyor a lot consider getting something with UDS (Unified Driver Surveyor) but note that there are some that are unhappy with the current interface. UDS basically allows you to jump in to Surveyor from Driver and vice versa.

So ........ purchased the TRS2019Platinum ! Seem to be worse than computer illiterate. When trying to Launch, box pops up with 'Unable to authorize this product. Please check your MyTrainz account details(Previously Planet Auran) in Launcher>settings>internet". Have found the "My account page in Trainz, but not Launcher>settings>internet. I am so frustrated right now. Any and all help appreciated

So ........ purchased the TRS2019Platinum ! Seem to be worse than computer illiterate. When trying to Launch, box pops up with 'Unable to authorize this product. Please check your MyTrainz account details(Previously Planet Auran) in Launcher>settings>internet". Have found the "My account page in Trainz, but not Launcher>settings>internet. I am so frustrated right now. Any and all help appreciated

Hi 44Smith
You will need to enter your username and password (MyTrainz account details) into the Internet tab of the Trainz Settings. This can be done by following these steps:

1) Double click on the Trainz icon on your desktop to open the 'launcher' screen
2) Click on Trainz Settings
3) Click on the internet tab
4) Enter your MyTrainz account's username and password into the boxes provided, then press enter. Please keep in mind that your username and password are case sensitive.
5) Now close the settings and then try starting Trainz again.

Regards

Thanks.............. I knew it had to be something simple and I was over-thinking the whole process. Been away a long time and might take me a bit to get used to things. Thanks again

Platinum Edition - First Impressions

Having recently decided to bite the bullet and buy TRS19 Platinum Edition the first thing I had to do was to try the Unified Driver Surveyor interface. As an initial skeptic of the practicality of such a "switchable" system, I must say that I am impressed. The transition from Driver to Surveyor was simple and smooth, editing in Surveyor was just like editing in "Surveyor of Olde" and switching back to Driver allowed the action to continue exactly where it left off but with the edits in place.

As a further test I loaded the Driver edited layout from Platinum into Surveyor of TRS19 Standard Edition and it loaded with no problems (I did not expect any but had to confirm).

Further tests will follow.

The only issue that I have so far experienced is after importing my work in progress route from TRS19 SP1 (Standard Edition) into TRS19 Platinum edition, I discover that 5 built-in assets from TRS19 SP1 used in that route are now listed as <Unknown asset> by CM in TRS19 Platinum.

A DBR did not change their status.

Bug report submitted.

Hi Peter. The "missing" items are from Trainz A New Era routes. It sounds like you've installed those routes previously, used the items and the TANE routes are not currently installed.

Just install the TANE routes and the problem will be solved.

wow, dont I feel like an idiot. I finally broke down and got trains 2019 SP1 on dec 17th. Two days later, for the same price comes this!

Hi Peter. The "missing" items are from Trainz A New Era routes. It sounds like you've installed those routes previously, used the items and the TANE routes are not currently installed.

Just install the TANE routes and the problem will be solved.

Thanks that did it.

I was waiting for the DLC updater/downloader to "pop up" on the screen like it always does after a reinstall or a new install but that no longer seems to happen - many posters in these forums will certainly rejoice over that. Instead there is a new Content Store button on the Trainz Launcher that takes care of all of that for you - a much better option.

There was an item in the store list - Additional TANE Assets for TRS19 - which I also grabbed (it was free).

After repairing the base, two errors appeared, what is it?
Code:
- <NULL> Package '46500s' is built-in, but was not precached for this build (standard-1.)
- <NULL> Package '46500s' is built-in, but was not precached for this build (standard-1.)

After repairing the base, two errors appeared, what is it?
Code:

N3V provides precached files for built-in assets and none is provided for this asset probably yet if it's being updated. Since it's a warning, you can ignore it.

What is the definition of TRS19 (Classic)? When TRS19 came out, the most expensive version was the World Edition which is what I purchased. This version contains the very same 6 routes that is part of the Platinum version. If there is an upgrade cost, I think it should be based on the original version that was purchased.

TRS19 (Classic) is actually TRS19 SP1. Other versions of TRS19 that are available are TRS19 Platinum and Trainz Plus (a subscription only offering).

I have no idea what the World Edition comes with as "built-in" but my TRS19 SP1 came with built-ins

<kuid2:515942:100004:1> 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches - Truro to Penzance
<kuid2:661281:200001:5> Niddertalbahn
<kuid2:620415:101000:15> Niddertalbahn - TRS19

plus some free payware (Kickstarter Country, Healesville, Wawick-Wallangarra and possibly others)

My TRS19 Platinum came with the same routes (but I have never really checked).

The upgrade from SP1 to Platinum is a software upgrade. Platinum has the United Driver Surveyor interface which allows you to switch from Driver straight into Surveyor, edit the layout/session, then return to Driver to continue where you left with the new edits in place. There may be other differences but SP1 does not have this ability. I was initially skeptical about the value of this feature but I have been using it in developing my current route project and it has been a significant time saver.

Trainz Plus (still in beta version) has several other new features that outright purchases of Trainz may see in future releases.

Trainz TRS19 SP1 is the base/basic version and will probably be enough to suit many users. Platinum and Plus, it seems, do have a significant user base. It all comes down to what suits you, what your needs are and what you can afford.

The routes and sessions created by any of these versions are fully compatible with the other two.

Back