Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition Announced

Blog Entries

Platinum Edition - First Impressions

Having recently decided to bite the bullet and buy TRS19 Platinum Edition the first thing I had to do was to try the Unified Driver Surveyor interface. As an initial skeptic of the practicality of such a "switchable" system, I must say that I am impressed. The transition from Driver to Surveyor was simple and smooth, editing in Surveyor was just like editing in "Surveyor of Olde" and switching back to Driver allowed the action to continue exactly where it left off but with the edits in place.

As a further test I loaded the Driver edited layout from Platinum into Surveyor of TRS19 Standard Edition and it loaded with no problems (I did not expect any but had to confirm).

Further tests will follow.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

Blog Entries

The only issue that I have so far experienced is after importing my work in progress route from TRS19 SP1 (Standard Edition) into TRS19 Platinum edition, I discover that 5 built-in assets from TRS19 SP1 used in that route are now listed as <Unknown asset> by CM in TRS19 Platinum.

A DBR did not change their status.

Bug report submitted.

Hi Peter. The "missing" items are from Trainz A New Era routes. It sounds like you've installed those routes previously, used the items and the TANE routes are not currently installed.

Just install the TANE routes and the problem will be solved.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

wow, dont I feel like an idiot. I finally broke down and got trains 2019 SP1 on dec 17th. Two days later, for the same price comes this!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Hi Peter. The "missing" items are from Trainz A New Era routes. It sounds like you've installed those routes previously, used the items and the TANE routes are not currently installed.

Just install the TANE routes and the problem will be solved.

Thanks that did it.

I was waiting for the DLC updater/downloader to "pop up" on the screen like it always does after a reinstall or a new install but that no longer seems to happen - many posters in these forums will certainly rejoice over that. Instead there is a new Content Store button on the Trainz Launcher that takes care of all of that for you - a much better option.

There was an item in the store list - Additional TANE Assets for TRS19 - which I also grabbed (it was free).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whecsailorjr View Post
    wow, dont I feel like an idiot. I finally broke down and got trains 2019 SP1 on dec 17th. Two days later, for the same price comes this!
    Yes, Tony and his "brew crew" are cunning marketeers who know how to exploit our weaknesses.

After repairing the base, two errors appeared, what is it?
    Code:
    - <NULL> Package '46500s' is built-in, but was not precached for this build (standard-1.)
    - <NULL> Package '46500s' is built-in, but was not precached for this build (standard-1.)

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by OlegKhim View Post
    After repairing the base, two errors appeared, what is it?
    Code:
    N3V provides precached files for built-in assets and none is provided for this asset probably yet if it's being updated. Since it's a warning, you can ignore it.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

United States of America, CA, Chula Vista

What is the definition of TRS19 (Classic)? When TRS19 came out, the most expensive version was the World Edition which is what I purchased. This version contains the very same 6 routes that is part of the Platinum version. If there is an upgrade cost, I think it should be based on the original version that was purchased.

Blog Entries

TRS19 (Classic) is actually TRS19 SP1. Other versions of TRS19 that are available are TRS19 Platinum and Trainz Plus (a subscription only offering).

I have no idea what the World Edition comes with as "built-in" but my TRS19 SP1 came with built-ins

<kuid2:515942:100004:1> 1930s Cornish Mainline and Branches - Truro to Penzance
    <kuid2:661281:200001:5> Niddertalbahn
    <kuid2:620415:101000:15> Niddertalbahn - TRS19

plus some free payware (Kickstarter Country, Healesville, Wawick-Wallangarra and possibly others)

My TRS19 Platinum came with the same routes (but I have never really checked).

The upgrade from SP1 to Platinum is a software upgrade. Platinum has the United Driver Surveyor interface which allows you to switch from Driver straight into Surveyor, edit the layout/session, then return to Driver to continue where you left with the new edits in place. There may be other differences but SP1 does not have this ability. I was initially skeptical about the value of this feature but I have been using it in developing my current route project and it has been a significant time saver.

Trainz Plus (still in beta version) has several other new features that outright purchases of Trainz may see in future releases.

Trainz TRS19 SP1 is the base/basic version and will probably be enough to suit many users. Platinum and Plus, it seems, do have a significant user base. It all comes down to what suits you, what your needs are and what you can afford.

The routes and sessions created by any of these versions are fully compatible with the other two.

After reading the Platinum page, I did notice that there will be a discount for existing TRS19 users. A discount code will be provided via the MyTrainz profile, but when I looked, there was none. I just want to confirm that the information on the Platinum product page is correct?

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

They expired at the end of Jan IICR, but yes they where in your myTrainz profile.
    The discounts where $5 off, or $15 off the PE

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Since this is the case, the product page did not indicate the discount was temporary. As it is now, parts for my new computer are on their way. By the end of next week , I will have a new system that will be better able run both TANE and TRS19. I know the platinum edition is still on sale so to speak, but for how long?

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

That's the original price for the PE.
    The original price is just show casing how much it would've been if buying all of the DLC's seperately.
    So for now, it'll remain for sale like that for probably until end of life, maybe a few years after.

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Hope they add the discount codes for PE for actual owners of the original version (again). Miss the chance in January (didn't know it was temporary). Thanks!