Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition Announced

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    More of observation than a complaint, N3V is at present maintaining TANE, TRS19 (Classic), TRS19 Platinum and TRS19 Plus. Given the amount of time and testing that goes into any patch/SP, I can't help feeling there is a danger of biting off more than can be chewed.
    Too much choice is always a risk but so is having only a single choice. The fact that they (N3V) are no longer rushing out SPs to meet deadlines is, to me at least, a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Less tongue in cheek, this is only going to aggravate the lack of a common version when it comes to building and distributing routes - Trainz Classics all over again!
    Trainz Plus and TRS19 Platinum differ from TRS19 Classic (for want of a better label) only in the tools they offer (and their location in the UI). The routes and sessions they create are fully compatible, apart from the old problem of users including DLC in their DLS uploaded routes and sessions. I would hope/expect that they have learned from the Trainz Classic releases.

My opinions.
    Last edited by pware; December 20th, 2019 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelung!
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

Loaded this version into a separate directory it loaded as did the original … told it to download, did not download the new content when first loaded …. today started SP1 and it is now downloading the updates and new content hope that's ok?

Tom

Ok after the download 33 Installed Missing dependencies Payware .... This should not happen. payware should be complete to me .

ok the routes it looks like its items on DLs but the steam locos have Payware Items not installed not active.
    Down to 7 with problems but will make it 6 as one is a consist
    3DZ DRG Class 05 001 & 002
    C&O Kanawha K-4 Steam
    NKP Caboose 400 series
    QR PB15 No.738 and the 3'6" version

Tom
    Last edited by tdstead; December 20th, 2019 at 09:16 PM.
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 100240

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by tdstead View Post
    Loaded this version into a separate directory it loaded as did the original … told it to download, did not download the new content when first loaded …. today started SP1 and it is now downloading the updates and new content hope that's ok?

Tom

Ok after the download 33 Installed Missing dependencies Payware .... This should not happen. payware should be complete to me .

ok the routes it looks like its items on DLs but the steam locos have Payware Items not installed not active.
    Down to 7 with problems but will make it 6 as one is a consist
    3DZ DRG Class 05 001 & 002
    C&O Kanawha K-4 Steam
    NKP Caboose 400 series
    QR PB15 No.738 and the 3'6" version

Tom
    I had the same. I ran a DBR and that issue went away.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Where should this be installed so I don't have two copies of TS19 on the machine?

Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    I had the same. I ran a DBR and that issue went away.
    Thanks will try that

John asked the same question only thing I noted that they said this version will not be updated at moment

Tom
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 100240

Blog Entries

Having sat out the Silver / Gold experience, (very little interest in DLC) I've been looking forward to the new unified Surveyor/Driver interface. At first glace, I'm liking it, liking it a lot. Most of my Trainz activity is building sample maps, making dedicated objects and then testing in my maps. Being able to jump quickly from Surveyor to Driver and back is worth the price of admission. For some reason, trackside objects just don't look the same in Surveyor as they do in Driver. Especially the alignments.

The download and installation of TRS19 Platinum went without a hitch.
    The import of my test maps also went without any issues.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 105100, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

I just looked again at the pricing and frankly for an upgrade it is disgraceful. Existing owners of TRS19 Classic should not be expected to pay more than around £20 (US$25) for what amounts to three new routes, one of which is a model railway and rolling stock content which has probably been taken from the DLS. (Plus a dubious interface change). Even with my $10 voucher that still works out at nearly £50. I could buy several items for ETS2 or the DTG sims in the Steam sale for that and still have change.

I'll be here when N3V decide to implement a more realistic pricing structure.
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

Blog Entries

Two opposing opinions on the same product - yes, this certainly is a Trainz forum

Quote Originally Posted by martinvk View Post
    Having sat out the Silver / Gold experience, (very little interest in DLC) I've been looking forward to the new unified Surveyor/Driver interface. At first glace, I'm liking it, liking it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I just looked again at the pricing and frankly for an upgrade it is disgraceful. Existing owners of TRS19 Classic should not be expected to pay more than around £20 (US$25) for what amounts to three new routes, ...
    Both opinions are valid according to the needs, means, expectations and experiences of the posters. For one, the new Unified Driver Surveyor interface is the main reason for moving to Platinum. For the other the cost-benefit of the upgrade is the main reason for not moving to Platinum.

But it does seem that many users have made the jump to Platinum.

Me - I am currently sitting on the fence. I am mostly a route builder so the new interface interests me but I do have some reservations about it. I always thought that such a feature would be very useful but would also be impossible to implement satisfactorily - but I am willing to be proven wrong. So I will be following this forum with interest.

United States of America, Kansas, Garden City

Been gone quite a while..... I have given up on TRS2006. Looking at purchase of new TRS2019 . Can't decide Platinum at $69 or regular at $49. In the past I spent more time at forming terrain, laid track, and set buildings........ Any comments?
    Last edited by 44Smith; January 4th, 2020 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 44Smith View Post
    Been gone quite a while..... I have given up on TRS2006. Looking at purchase of new TRS2019 . Can't decide Platinum at $69 or regular at $49. In the past I spent more time at forming terrain, laid track, and set buildings........ Any comments?
    My comment is that the choice is a highly personal one. What is right for one isn't right for someone else. But study and understand so that you know what you are getting. I would start by looking at this comparison chart making sure you understood every feature and item. important info on top AND the bottom comparison chart. Note that there are now Gold, Silver, and Plus programs and there is also the new Platinum edition. If you do layouts and are Surveyor a lot consider getting something with UDS (Unified Driver Surveyor) but note that there are some that are unhappy with the current interface. UDS basically allows you to jump in to Surveyor from Driver and vice versa.
    TRS19 SP1(Plus), 105100(plus), 105932(+beta)
    ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce

Thanks for your input.

So ........ purchased the TRS2019Platinum ! Seem to be worse than computer illiterate. When trying to Launch, box pops up with 'Unable to authorize this product. Please check your MyTrainz account details(Previously Planet Auran) in Launcher>settings>internet". Have found the "My account page in Trainz, but not Launcher>settings>internet. I am so frustrated right now. Any and all help appreciated

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 44Smith View Post
    So ........ purchased the TRS2019Platinum ! Seem to be worse than computer illiterate. When trying to Launch, box pops up with 'Unable to authorize this product. Please check your MyTrainz account details(Previously Planet Auran) in Launcher>settings>internet". Have found the "My account page in Trainz, but not Launcher>settings>internet. I am so frustrated right now. Any and all help appreciated
    Hi 44Smith
    You will need to enter your username and password (MyTrainz account details) into the Internet tab of the Trainz Settings. This can be done by following these steps:

1) Double click on the Trainz icon on your desktop to open the 'launcher' screen
    2) Click on Trainz Settings
    3) Click on the internet tab
    4) Enter your MyTrainz account's username and password into the boxes provided, then press enter. Please keep in mind that your username and password are case sensitive.
    5) Now close the settings and then try starting Trainz again.

Regards
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.

Blog Entries

Deleted as Zec beat me to it with a better answer.

Thanks.............. I knew it had to be something simple and I was over-thinking the whole process. Been away a long time and might take me a bit to get used to things. Thanks again