Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition Announced

Default Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition Announced

Have you heard the latest Trainz News?

First up we've got a quick news update here announcing two updates and a new release...

We've also got details of the latest version of Trainz on the TRS19 Home Page here.

Or you can jump straight to the TRS19 Platinum Edition Product Page.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; December 19th, 2019 at 08:51 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Hello, Can you tell us what the build number is on the Platinum Edition? Is it only the content that is different (build is same).

If it's a content difference why separate Platinum update steams (particularly beta) and the TRS and Plus (and beta) update streams?
    TRS19 SP1(Plus), 105100(plus), 105932(+beta)
    ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce

TRS19 Platinum is 105100 (same as Trainz Plus right now, but won't get regular updates in the future).

Different streams are for different folks. Gold members get access to all DLC while Platinum owners get access to a dozen of so extras.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

That was my guess but the two new update streams for Platinum was a surprise. Thank you for the answer.

I'm not a big fan of bundling interface changes as DLC - especially unannounced DLC. I literally bought TRS19 full price 4 days ago and all i get is a 10 dollar discount, when this is effectively replacing TRS19 in the store?

That, of course, would be much more acceptable if it was just extra trains - but you're bundling updates to core game features as paid DLC - like, none of this justifies paying 70 dollars when other studios can improve games without making you buy em twice.

United States of America, Georgia, Atlanta

Default Issue with discounts

Tony & Team,

A few questions regarding pricing & store issues with Platinum:

1. Is there a reason why multiple discounts can't be stacked when purchasing Platinum (existing gold points plus the discount for previous owners, for example)?
    2. What's the formula that determines the discount that owners of past versions & their DLC receive for Platinum? The web page is cagey about this.

I already own most of the stuff that's in Platinum, so I'm not in a rush to pay $45 USD for little more DLC plus interface changes. A more significant discount or stacking with other discounts would make this a more attractive proposition.

I realize & support that N3V need to keep a regular revenue stream to keep making Trainz. Platinum is a good deal for new purchasers, I'm just not overly enamored with this year's offering considering what i already own.

Thanks!
    Diego

I purchased Settle and Carlisle lond ago and it has always been freely downloadable to me in subsequent builds up to TRS19. Will it be freely available in Platinum?

Ingha

What a bewildering array of options there are for TRS19.

In my opinion, being asked to pay full price again for an upgraded version of TRS19 is an option too far. Has TRS19 (Classic?) actually received an SP before I'm being asked to upgrade again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    What a bewildering array of options there are for TRS19.
    All the more to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post
    In my opinion, being asked to pay full price again for an upgraded version of TRS19 is an option too far. Has TRS19 (Classic?) actually received an SP before I'm being asked to upgrade again?
    Opinions will vary. Yes, TRS19 (Classic) has just received SP1 to build 105096. You don't have to upgrade (again). You can stay with TRS19 Classic for as long as you wish. Others have already taken the option to upgrade to TRS19 Platinum and I am considering it.

We have a great range of choices from subscriptions (at various levels) with free or reduced price DLC and free upgrades; to outright purchase and no additional costs. We are free to choose the options that best suit our needs and budgets. No-one can really complain about that.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    No-one can really complain about that.
    More of observation than a complaint, N3V is at present maintaining TANE, TRS19 (Classic), TRS19 Platinum and TRS19 Plus. Given the amount of time and testing that goes into any patch/SP, I can't help feeling there is a danger of biting off more than can be chewed.

Sales of the subscription model must be dwindling if it's time to repackage TRS19 and resell for not much less than the original asking price...

Less tongue in cheek, this is only going to aggravate the lack of a common version when it comes to building and distributing routes - Trainz Classics all over again!
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

I wouldn't consider this a "repackage." It has UDS (Unified Driver Surveyor) which is a big change/update. Jump from Driver to Surveyor (and back) instantly. It also has the new camera system and Store Downloader. It's really a "set/stable/official" presentation of what Trainz Plus users now have and what Gold beta testers have be testing all year. It's basically an "early release" of an on-going TRS19 path.
    http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

Best, Greg

Couple of questions:

• Does the macOS version of Platinum have the Metal engine implemented please?
    • Is there liable to be a regionalised version of Platinum in the future please?

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    I wouldn't consider this a "repackage." It has UDS (Unified Driver Surveyor) which is a big change/update. Jump from Driver to Surveyor (and back) instantly. It also has the new camera system and Store Downloader. It's really a "set/stable/official" presentation of what Trainz Plus users now have and what Gold beta testers have be testing all year. It's basically an "early release" of an on-going TRS19 path.
    http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

Best, Greg
    I can live without the three features you mention. Certainly not worth forking out another £50 for. Emperor's new clothes, for sure.
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I can live without the three features you mention. Certainly not worth forking out another £50 for. Emperor's new clothes, for sure.
    Those decisions are made by each individual. I was merely stating what the version included as far a new features. And I think "value" of features depends on the user. Someone who flips between Driver and Surveyor a lot may think it worth the investment. Others not. To each his own.

-greg