Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 Platinum Edition Announced

Not really. All my routes, from TANE and from TRS19 SP1 and TRS19 Platinum (pre SP2) are all working fine. I don't have PLUS so I cannot comment on that except to say that both Platinum and PLUS are identical in that they have exactly the same programming code. The additional features that are present in PLUS are also present but locked away in Platinum.

Two of the possibilities are:-

• The unlocked PLUS code has the issues you are experiencing (remember this is a beta version).
  • Some of the assets you have installed which worked in build 4.6 are not behaving in build 4.7 (the build of the new beta). This could include any new assets available only for PLUS.

My thoughts.
SO thanks you made my decision for me. PLUS is not the same build as platinum and PLUS I had problems with so I will get platinum. I really like the ability to update my route and session on the fly when I find a missing switchstand and such. Thanks

Hello Boys and Girls!

We live in different parts of the world. The locomotive and assemblies are different. I have a great sense of lack. There is no minimum download Pack. I would like a pack for Western Europe. I would like a pack from Central Europe. I would like a pack from Eastern Europe.
This makes me physically OK. My heart is not happy. My heart knows this game is not His homeland.

N3V/Trainz changes quickly and the fact that a "latest" Platinum beta is available but not the same beta for "Plus" makes me hesitate. But, my understanding is that pware is correct. Plus is a subscription program and not a "version" of the software. Plus subscribers get more releases (updates) of of the "Platinum" software. So, Plus and Platinum, I believe, are the same core. Plus subscribers may also have features in that core that Platinum does not (betas). And Gold is Platinum/Plus, and, add to that, "availability of all Payware content." Likewise, the "regionals" are the same software. They simply include the appropriate "regional" routes.

Every Trainz user and prospective customer should know and understand this page and the chart at the bottom: http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

I suspect most people don't make it down to the bottom of that charge but it is an important item: "Regular New Game Feature Updates" (Plus and Gold subscriptions)

Last edited:
Hi Tony, sir (N3V)

Just purchased TZ19 PLE, and well done!:mop:

I like how you guyz implemented one of my MANY suggestionS to distinguish which routes are 3rd parTy, built-in'S, and especially your "own-routes" -- it's a feature that'S long overdue!

Anyhow, years away from trainz due to serious health issues, good to have something new, and bit a different in TRZ19!

Kind regards
Ish

WOW! Ish! Welcome back! Best of luck with the health issues mate. :)
I'm back too after a long hiatus so Hiya! to all longtime Trainzers as well! :D

Re: pricing/subscriptions etc....
Unfortunately Australia has gone "The good old American way" with marketing of products.
-> Have 325 versions of the same thing instead of the Real McCoy only. (It's worked well for power supply companies eh?)

Historically, (-sterically? lol) I always paid top dollar for Trainz where I could.
Subs means my purchase history & loyalty has been discarded, therefore in future I will spend the minimum amount possible
to keep my routes evolving and have the latest Bling.

Is that good marketing? It sure as hell isn't for my own 3d design, e-commerce company. :(
Anyways. Keep on Trainzin!

N3V/Trainz changes quickly and the fact that a "latest" Platinum beta is available but not the same beta for "Plus" makes me hesitate. But, my understanding is that pware is correct. Plus is a subscription program and not a "version" of the software. Plus subscribers get more releases (updates) of of the "Platinum" software. So, Plus and Platinum, I believe, are the same core. Plus subscribers may also have features in that core that Platinum does not (betas). And Gold is Platinum/Plus, and, add to that, "availability of all Payware content." Likewise, the "regionals" are the same software. They simply include the appropriate "regional" routes.

Every Trainz user and prospective customer should know and understand this page and the chart at the bottom: http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/trs19-faqs

I suspect most people don't make it down to the bottom of that charge but it is an important item: "Regular New Game Feature Updates" (Plus and Gold subscriptions)

The reason for this is simple.

The Plus version, while based on the same core as the rest of TRS2019 products, is also forever in beta. In other words, us Plus users are the testers for future Trainz TRS2019 products and features. This doesn't mean that Plus is broken like the alpha-releases, but it's still a testing product and it contains different things in it that require different updates in order not to break these new features. N3V doesn't want things done in a could-be-broken platform to end up in the mainstream. The build numbers too have nothing to do with the product its self. That number such as 916619, a made up number for example, is generated by the compiler system such as CASE Tools. The code is gathered from various sources and fed on to a server that will "build" the product so it can be distributed. This process also verifies that the code is correct and flags problems. I know a tiny bit about this because I had to support a system that did this. In that case the system ran on a Solaris 9 based server, but there are similar products for Linux, Windows and OS/x.

The integration of the testing into the mainstream product through the Plus version came about before you joined the Trainz world. Prior to that time, there was a dedicated group of users, a handful of us as part of what was called the Trainz Dev team. Us testers would be given some really, really early access versions to work with that could crash if you looked at them the wrong way. In many cases, they were proof of concept stuff, but in other cases they were the early versions of some of the stuff we see today in both TANE and TRS2019.

With changes within the development team, N3V went to the current model with the Plus product.

Thanks for the explanation John but I'd just like to clarify a couple of things.

The Plus version, while based on the same core as the rest of TRS2019 products, is also forever in beta
I think this is a bit misleading. Trainz Plus has a beta stream just like other versions, then when it is stable we create an official release version, which is no more a "beta" than any other release.

There are beta streams for all products, and generally the Trainz Plus beta is more "new features" based while TRS19 beta streams are to reach a broader tester pool prior to official release.

Thanks for the explanation John but I'd just like to clarify a couple of things.

I think this is a bit misleading. Trainz Plus has a beta stream just like other versions, then when it is stable we create an official release version, which is no more a "beta" than any other release.

There are beta streams for all products, and generally the Trainz Plus beta is more "new features" based while TRS19 beta streams are to reach a broader tester pool prior to official release.

Thanks Tony for clarifying that.

My Plus stream updated fine as did my Plus-beta so both now sit on 110491. Platinum beta also wanted to update but I left it on 110394 for now.

Thanks Tony and N3V.

[EDIT]
I decided to just go ahead and purchase the Platinum Edition. It's downloading right now.

Last edited:
This is spam. I did not type this in, it is the jerk following around. RJArtim

Last edited:
Well I just purchased TRS 19 Platinum plus after a few years away, only to find you can't assign drivers, and give them orders and sit back and watch it all happen.Apparently YOU have to drive the train. Running an iMac desk top with OS Monterey.I believe that SP5 fixed some problems with Monterey, but it won't install even after putting in my username and password.So it appears Im stuck with something I can't handle. So be it. :(

Once you are in Surveyor go to the drop-down menus and select edit session to add drivers and instructions. If you have gone straight to the drive mode drivers are not in AI mode. Click on the three dots to the right of the driver's hud twice to reach the driver command insertion section.

Hi stagecoach, it appears I have a conflict between OS Monterey and TRS19 Platinum. I can open TRS19, but can't get things to work at all. I see all the things that's I am supposed to do, but none of them work for me. To top it off I have to Force Quit the program every time I get out of it. Patch 5 keeps wanting to install, but then says it can't. NO reason given. I think I will cut my losses while I"m still sane. Cheers Mate.

Definitely cutting my losses.More money down the drain. It appears that nothing has changed, except the volume of problems. That's sad to say the least.

Definitely cutting my losses.More money down the drain. It appears that nothing has changed, except the volume of problems. That's sad to say the least.
Not sure why you're having issues as I've never been into iMac and honestly don't see the appeal, you always seem to have more issues than Windows!! I installed on Windows 10 and played as soon as it was set up. I had no issues at all. Its very easy to call something a waste of money because you don't understand it but I moved from Trainz 2009 to 2019 and had No issues playing the game at all. Internally its Very Very similar. Get yourself an OS that doesn't have recorded issues running the game and you'll be fine.

Back