Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

Hi Tony,
    Yes the beta stream works fine. I updated that guy first thing this morning with no problem. My question would be... I one sets their "normal" install to the beta stream and updates, how do you "return" to the "normal" stream again? After the beta update to 105096 does one simply set update stream back to "TRS19"??
    TRS19 SP1(Plus), 105100(plus), 106136(+beta)
    ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    Thank you for the heads up. I have disabled automatic update in Steam as outside of bug fixes that I have not seen in my TRS2019 NA edition there appears to be nothing of value in this update. I always thought that service packs added features but it is my understanding that new features are disabled if you are not a subscriber.

As you say "TRS2019 is the best version of Trainz" so why would I risk screwing it up with a worthless service pack.

William
    You can always keep 2 separate TS19 download versions on your PC: Regular TS19, and TS19 SP1 (and rename the 2 desktop shortcuts as such), and if you don't enjoy SP1 you can always launch the Regular TS19
    Last edited by MP242; December 19th, 2019 at 02:02 PM.
    My 4325 car RGCX train is 53.24 miles long, and takes 1 hour to pass through town !

Now it suddenly showed up (in "normal" stream) ....and installing.

Quote Originally Posted by JanRasmussen View Post
    Same here...
    Trainz user since May 2003
    * i7-6700K 4GHz * GTX 980Ti * 32GB DDR4 2666mhz * 500GB SSD *

United States of America, Arkansas, Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by JanRasmussen View Post
    Now it suddenly showed up (in "normal" stream) ....and installing.
    An hour later after making my post the update suddenly showed up and is now installing as you experienced.....

Bob
    Master Sergeant/E8, U.S. Army, Retired (1972-1993)

I guess I'm just dumb but the update instructions might as well be written in Greek.

I have version 100464 installed. I'd like to move to version 105096.

May I please have step by step instructions how to accomplish this.

I am a gold member.

Horace Fithers

100464 is a Plus Beta update isn't it? You will only get 105096 from a TRS19 stream or TRS19-beta stream. Plus and Plus Beta are now both at 105100 I believe. (If my personal logs are right) - I think this is correct.

Wilco, TRS 2019 Stream updated to build 105096

Not so with the Platinum Stream...

Mike

PS.: No broken links on routes as before with the update, so all good yeah!!!
    Last edited by blue2112; December 19th, 2019 at 02:24 PM.
    Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, EVGA GTX 1070ti 8GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB SSD´s.

I had to try a few times in order for the update to be found by the program. The update was downloaded and installed without a hiccup.

Tony I replied to this thread with my issue. Thread: TRS19 SP1 Release Candidate 105096

I am continuing to experience this issue even tried to update as discussed in this thread until I realise that I already had the final release.
    So how am I to proceed past the splash screen.
    Thank you in anticipation.
    JackDownUnder

Good to hear that kicking things here has people back on track with patching.

horace - You can't get from 100464 to 105096 directly (and the only real reason to do this would be to not get the Content Store update and/or any future Trainz Plus updates). You want to go to 105100. If you really must get to 105096, then download the TRS19 SP1 version from MyTrainz.

If you patched using Beta, don'tpanic, you're at the same place as if you chose TRS19 stream. Just change it for the next update if you want to stay out of any future beta updates.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Good to hear that kicking things here has people back on track with patching.
    You kicked real good! Thanks for your diligence. It's 6:44 AM in Australia! Have you been there all night? Go home!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Can I suggest that you try a new userdata folder and report if that resolves the problem.
    Not at the moment: I spent nearly the whole afternoon downloading updates. Anyway, only four had install issues ("Orient Express Trainset" and "RZD-UZ-RIC Wagons (standard gauge)" that didn't update at all, "NYC J3a-Dreyfuss Streamlined Hudson" that had missing dependencies, and "Midwestern Branch" that completely failed).

are you using/sharing a userdata folder? Moving or renaming anything? Manually doing something with files?
    Are the items you are downloading saying the full name of the item (and not scxxx)?
    Always had the same single userdata folder. No moving or renaming anything. No action with any file.
    Items have the names that appear in the "Updates" tab in "Content Store".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    Peter,
    I do base my opinion on the value of SP1 to ME upon the posts I have read and upon what was listed in the wiki as the new features included or not included. <snip> I'm not saying SP1 is worthless to users suffering from those bugs or that are subscribers and get the new features available only to them. <snip> So following my lifelong motto of "don't fix what ain't broke" I believe I should pass on the SP1 update.
    A valid point of view. The SP1 update, for me, is worthwhile and since N3V have just announced TRS19 Platinum Edition as an outright purchase (no subscription) version of Trainz Plus without the updates and free DLC access, I will be taking a serious look at that.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 105766

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Just to finish this conversation, it seems that I was left with no choice as TRS19 would not start without applying the update. Auto updates was set to off but the program was dead to me without allowing the forced update to complete. And as Steam has no roll back feature, I'm stuck with it good or bad. FYI for other Steam users. The update will appear to hose your database and no amount of database repairs or EDRs will resolve the issues. You must shutdown completely and restart TRS19 then enter CM and wait for it to respond. This might take a few minutes but it will at last list your installed assets. Check for assets marked as faulty and missing dependencies and download any missing ones. I was missing one that was on the DLS.

A quick look at it and other then the confusing new Menu bar in Surveyor not much to see.

William

I keep getting patch not viable filepath alread occupied ?
    Member since OCT.25, 2002