TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

I'm still on mac version 100339 (steam). Looks like this is a pre-SP1 version, but my entire DLC set (T:ANE Platinum and more) requested re-downloading.

Is this expected?

Last edited:
Hello
I did the update 105096
Does anyone have this problem: in designer mode the camera behaves like the free camera in driver mode, the 'ctrl' key does not work

I had to delete the game and install version 100240. Release an update that destroys everything, especially screen resolution, etc!
- Long map loading
- Thunderstorm does not work or rain in editor
- The sound volume of the storm rain extra loud, you can't even hear the engine, in cab and other effects!
- Snowflakes extra large and slow
- You cannot switch the weather off
- Game FPS are falling down
- Limited screen resolution (= small screanshots and desktop distortion)
- Complex menu
- Uses more CPU
- Long save game
and more...
+ Adding waves
+ Faster loading of winter / summer environment
+ Finally the engine sound has been fixed

Iif there is no possibility to set the fps limit in the game, the game will make an incredible use of the PC! It can't developers how is it in other games to create a check mark whatever one chooses what he wants and what he needs? Here we just have to limit the whole globe for a few testers!

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?155985-Update-Build-105096-where-is-4K

Like pinorev I find the control-cursor key command no longer works and one cannot pivot the view vertically. The only way I could get the view to tilt was to change compass movement to mouse (RHB) then the cursor keys do the tilting; a retrograde step as far as I am concerned.

This is a repeat of what I have already posted today in another thread

Why worry take the plunge and get on with it. If you followed my thread this last few days you will see that due to my own fault i thought that I had serious issues. Well after finally completing the instal of TRS2019 SP1 Final Release everything is Hunky Dory. This incarnation is by far the best ever.
Its is time every one ceased winging and finding fault and started singing the praise of the development crew who have been and are continuing to adopt additional improvements where necessary.
Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to all.

It is very interesting to see how the various PC setups impact what runs better with SP1 and what gives you problems. In my TRS19 e.g. the JR-500 Shinkansen was for some unfathomable reason broken, now after SP1 update it functions again, so that is a big plus to me! I had not much time to play around with the new update, but I still have to get used to several UI changes. And while some assets have a bit of hiccup in build mode, I do not experience these massive problems some other users report.
Personally I think after getting used to the changes this SP1 version will be the Top version of TRS19 for now!

Last edited:
According to a member of another forum we have no choice for the keyboard control shortcut for the camera, I was using 'CTRL' and move forward, up, down, zoom, with the mouse, from The maj, you have to use the directional keys, so I chose to change the keys, and like on many games, I took the keys Z, S, Q, D

It is very interesting to see how the various PC setups impact what runs better with SP1 and what gives you problems.

I have TRS19 SP1 (full install) on two different computers. Both installations have the same DLC installed and identical copies of my own assets and everything else (as far as I can determine). On one computer TRS19 reports no errors at all while on the other there are about 70 "faulty" assets, mostly from "not active" DLC with the remainder as "missing" (unknown) assets from a few routes/sessions of my own creation, those same route/sessions that are error free on computer No. 2.

Remedial action on computer No. 1 is proving difficult but I have returned its Trainz database to a "clean install" condition (built-in assets only) and it has no errors. Installing my routes and sessions has produced a handful of "missing unknown assets". I am resisting reinstalling DLC.

Personally I think after getting used to the changes this SP1 version will be the Top version of TRS19 for now!

I agree, apart from my "teething troubles" on one computer.

I'm still on mac version 100339 (steam). Looks like this is a pre-SP1 version, but my entire DLC set (T:ANE Platinum and more) requested re-downloading.

Is this expected?

Unknown & I had the same problem on both my Mac and Windows non-Steam installs. They left a mess of broken assets when done as well.

I (finally) got the game in working condition again after doing clean installs and then re-downloading all 120gb+ of my Content Store stuff twice over a few days.

I wish we'd been told at release time that the Content Store view of assets & errors is currently broken due to known server database issues. That would've kept me from some of the unnecessary re-work.

Now to go manually reinstall 200gb+ of third-party content twice. :eek:

Diego

A bunch of issues have started popping up following the update, namely that last night, I had at least two CTDs after a certain amount of time. The first time happened while going from Surveyor to Driver, and all I did was hit CTRL+H. The second time, it happened at complete random.

Other issues include textures taking longer to load than before. I just hope it's because of the patch and not because I have too many assets installed.

Last edited:
Since several forum members I respect have said that SP1 is the best thing since sliced bread I've upgraded the TS2019 install on my hard drive that I don't care so much about. The other install that has all my things on it I do care about is staying as it is for time being. But as to the upgrade there were not too many problems really. A good few things came up faulty, but if I wasn't much fussed about them I just deleted them. Some things seem to be DLC related dependencies that are now marked faulty, but I didn't feel like facing the horrors of an extended database repair today so I left those for now.
All my own created rolling stock models came through fine. They were all made for TS2012 build 3.5 so I didn't think there would be any problems with them. My legacy mid-19th century models seem to be Ok too.

I just want to make it very clear that I wasn't knocking the efforts of Tony and his team, nor the many hundreds of hours put in by the beta testers. My concern lies with the new surveyor menu and whether or not I'll be able to manage to use it Ok. I live with a fairly challenging disability (break out the violins) so what seems easy to others isn't always so easy for me. I'll give the new surveyor tools/menu a try and if I can cope with them Ok I might​ upgrade my other TS2019 install to SP1. I'll see how it goes.

Since several forum members I respect have said that SP1 is the best thing since sliced bread I've upgraded the TS2019 install on my hard drive that I don't care so much about. The other install that has all my things on it I do care about is staying as it is for time being. But as to the upgrade there were not too many problems really. A good few things came up faulty, but if I wasn't much fussed about them I just deleted them. Some things seem to be DLC related dependencies that are now marked faulty, but I didn't feel like facing the horrors of an extended database repair today so I left those for now.
All my own created rolling stock models came through fine. They were all made for TS2012 build 3.5 so I didn't think there would be any problems with them. My legacy mid-19th century models seem to be Ok too.

I just want to make it very clear that I wasn't knocking the efforts of Tony and his team, nor the many hundreds of hours put in by the beta testers. My concern lies with the new surveyor menu and whether or not I'll be able to manage to use it Ok. I live with a fairly challenging disability (break out the violins) so what seems easy to others isn't always so easy for me. I'll give the new surveyor tools/menu a try and if I can cope with them Ok I might​ upgrade my other TS2019 install to SP1. I'll see how it goes.

The issues shouldn't be too disconcerting. Outside of moving the Delete missing assets, bulk replace, and other action items under a spanner, and your search filter under a monitor-like icon, there's nothing else that's different. All and all it's still the same Surveyor.

So Trainz 19 is now throwing this at me after their recent update patch
79823664_10206957835781767_3977839568131981312_o.jpg

79823664_10206957835781767_3977839568131981312_o.jpg
Is it me, or is SP1 creating more problems than it fixed? I mean, I'm glad Tony and the gang made it and fixed the digholes, and I don't mind the new Surveyor menu bar much, but now critical functionality seems to be affected in some areas. BTVFD has a missing .dll, and I'm getting random CTDs without any error, like I did back in the 32-bit era of Kerbal Space Program when I had too many mods installed.

This is a repeat of what I have already posted today in another thread

Why worry take the plunge and get on with it. If you followed my thread this last few days you will see that due to my own fault i thought that I had serious issues. Well after finally completing the instal of TRS2019 SP1 Final Release everything is Hunky Dory. This incarnation is by far the best ever.
Its is time every one ceased winging and finding fault and started singing the praise of the development crew who have been and are continuing to adopt additional improvements where necessary.
Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to all.

As I said in the other thread where you posted this drivel, it is blinkered protectionist nonsense to claim all is well and just get on with it, when actually it patently is not.

I was reasonably happy with TRS19 pre SP1 albeit starting more route projects than I could ever finish in a lifetime. But the SP1 changes have made it a fragging mess and reading through the posts more issues are being flagged up daily - what's the latest, Protrack points not animating in Surveyor so you can't test they are working?

N3V are not a charity and the management and development team are not doing it for anything more noble than a paycheck in the bank at the end of the month. If they get things wrong or have made the program worse then they need to be told. They are a business and providing the criticism is fair and not personal that comes with the territory.

Last edited:
As I said in the other thread where you posted this drivel, it is blinkered protectionist nonsense to claim all is well and just get on with it, when actually it patently is not.

They are a business and providing the criticism is fair and not personal that comes with the territory.

Vern you have an opinion and the right to express it. If N3V have done something that is not to your liking then fair criticism is warranted. But does "fair criticism" include calling anyone who has a different opinion to you, or a different set of TRS19 SP1 experiences to you, a "fanboy" (as you did in the other thread) and their opinion "drivel" (as in this thread) - and where is that "not personal"? I get it that you are angry but why take it out on a user who has had a different set of experiences to you?

My experiences of TRS19 SP1 (beta) were better than my experiences of the original TRS19. So far I have had a 50% "happiness" rating of the full TRS19 SP1 - on one computer it works perfectly (very happy), on another it has a lot of missing built-ins and faulty DLC content (not happy).

Xinput1_4.dll is a Windows program, not N3V's. Whether the TRS19 install has removed it or something else has happened to it, I cannot say. Similar things have happened in the past and not just with Trainz.

But I would suggest doing a search for Xinput1_4.dll for a remedy - I would only trust Microsoft sites for this.

Back