TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

There is all kinds of stuff in that folder Tony, what happens when you delete it?

The /cache folder is used to store information and content downloaded into Trainz. Deleting it clears the stored information. The folder then gets rebuilt (by downloading the latest DLS listing etc).

This is only required when you have a problem where the cached data may be an older version than the one you are trying to download (which in this case is still a guess at the problem) We're looking into things at our end as clearly something is wrong somewhere in the system.

The /cache folder is used to store information and content downloaded into Trainz. Deleting it clears the stored information. The folder then gets rebuilt (by downloading the latest DLS listing etc).

This is only required when you have a problem where the cached data may be an older version than the one you are trying to download (which in this case is still a guess at the problem) We're looking into things at our end as clearly something is wrong somewhere in the system.

I bought Trainz 19 North American version and installed tons of Jointed Rail and DLS stuff. I then upgraded to the Platinum version but used my first trz 19 userdata folder and am finding I cannot update any Platinum stuff and was wondering if it is because I am using the North American version userdata. So I was wondering if I delete the cache folder will this help me?

Kotangagirl - please use this link to submit your zip file: Trainz Bug Report. Note that disabled/enabled won't affect the zip file

Oh boy this going to be one huge zip file. There might be a delay with getting the zip file to you as my Win 7 Xeon computer is now disconnected from the internet and its new Win 10 replacement hasn't been delivered yet. (Presently using my little Dell notebook to access the internet)
I suppose the best thing would be to upload the zipfile to my Dropbox account and send the link to the address that you gave me.

Oh boy this going to be one huge zip file. There might be a delay with getting the zip file to you as my Win 7 Xeon computer is now disconnected from the internet and its new Win 10 replacement hasn't been delivered yet. (Presently using my little Dell notebook to access the internet)
I suppose the best thing would be to upload the zipfile to my Dropbox account and send the link to the address that you gave me.

That will work. There's a spot to do that on the form.

Hi Tony,

Perhaps you can establish an FTP server folder where folks can send their user folder to? That way the data is easier to manipulate, analysts can see several examples, and you aren't burdening the user with zip files that require 3rd party accounts.

I would certainly love QA to explore your current local data folder. If you wanted to zip that up and send us a link to download it, that would be great (it will be a large zip file but could identify and solve the problem you are seeing and help other people in the same boat).

Also, not sure if you saw my last message because it might have been stepped on by two huge screenshots:

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply. I am hoping you will come to embrace the concept that the design objective of SPs needs to expand to include reparation of pre-existing user database conditions before imposing the intended update. That is commercially essential for keeping and building Trainz buyers/users.

Hi Tony,

Commercially, that really isn't the point though is it? If Microsoft took this approach, that it is sufficient that a pristine user configuration updates pristinely, most of our PCs would not survive a Windows Update.

By definition, an SP's purpose in life is naturally to encounter user pre-existing, "off-pristine" conditions. The SP should be more "sailor-proof" and fix pre-existing conditions before imposing the changes, if thats whats need to get a successful result with a good majority of users. For example, why not run a rigorous database review, with interaction with the DLC/DLS database, before the changes are applied?

Please take KotangaGirl's Post #233 seriously, she's hit the "commercial" nail on the head. None of us want to see users permanently frustrated away from Trainz due to SP update problems. But this is what will result if the design objective of the SP is not improved (i.e. account for pre-existing problems such that it leaves things better off than before) . Not all user SP1 issues are neatly summarized in this thread, many users have started their own threads for SP1: taken all of these in sum total, I dare say you have a commercial quality problem to fix.

Trainz has come a very long way technologically in 20 years, and it would be a grave travesty that it cannot make traction or lose followers for something as simple as proper DLC update.

Just want to confirm that N3V seem to have fixed the DRG Class 05 package on the servers. The install now works perfectly on my systems.

Thanks again folks!
Diego

I went to open a session with a couple of <kuid2:76656:70001:5> ASB Crossover Controllers (latest version) only to find in SP1, trains are blowing the diamonds passing through each other (aka colliding) as if the controllers were not there. Opening the controller properties revealed the controller forgot its assigned signals.

Not only that, ASB Controllers can no longer retrieve the signal list for the route (see graphic). Tried getting a signal list in Kickstarter County 2 and Lake Sebino, and same result: no signals. Adding a new named signal to the route or typing in an existing signal name had no effect. (p.s.My ASB signals are on the same layer as the controllers)

Surprised you are getting this. It tests OK on Sabino Lake with my SP1.

Signals not showing has usually been down to a Trainz Timeout. When you assign a signal it looks at all the signals on the route. In some cases this can take too long and Trainz will shut the search down. The result is a blank return. The workaround is to use the 'Signal Search Filter'. Type in part of the name of signal you want. This reduces the amount of signals it searches and speeds it up.
You could try that and see. Maybe it depends on the speed of your system?

Oddly though SP1 seems less prone to this by my tests. It could be my new computer but even the ECML is returning all signals without the need for a filter.

Try re-installing ASB Crossover and doing a database repair?

Boat

Hi Boat,

Moved this ASB discussion to a new thread so as not to detract from SP1 issues.

Surprised you are getting this. It tests OK on Sabino Lake with my SP1.

Signals not showing has usually been down to a Trainz Timeout. When you assign a signal it looks at all the signals on the route. In some cases this can take too long and Trainz will shut the search down. The result is a blank return. The workaround is to use the 'Signal Search Filter'. Type in part of the name of signal you want. This reduces the amount of signals it searches and speeds it up.
You could try that and see. Maybe it depends on the speed of your system?

Oddly though SP1 seems less prone to this by my tests. It could be my new computer but even the ECML is returning all signals without the need for a filter.

Try re-installing ASB Crossover and doing a database repair?

Boat

The select train tab no longer appears in driver nor does a quick drive option show up, even when quick drive is added. Anybody know how to fix this?

edit: also in surveyor traffic doesn’t move and sounds don’t play

There is nothing to fix. Platinum has the new UDS (Unified Driver Surveyor). There is no Quickdrive. You create a new session if there are no sessions. The Trainz tab is replaced by the whole UDS. While in Driver just go straight into Surveyor to place trains and such.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Unified_Driver_Surveyor

There is also a whole new menu system in Surveyor. There's quite a number of posts on all this.

Last edited:
Mojave Sub Division:

aeX8R.jpg

There is nothing to fix. Platinum has the new UDS (Unified Driver Surveyor). There is no Quickdrive. You create a new session if there are no sessions. The Trainz tab is replaced by the whole UDS. While in Driver just go straight into Surveyor to place trains and such.
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Unified_Driver_Surveyor

There is also a whole new menu system in Surveyor. There's quite a number of posts on all this.

This is the SP1 thread. Some of us don't want to buy Platinum Mac.

If you go to the icons at the top of the screen I think it is the wrenches uncheck the pause and everything will "unfreeze" ;)

This only works if you have the version of Trainz where it is possible to do this firefighterdan.

Last edited:
And therein lies the problem that arisen from this SP, Firefighterdan. N3V has given platinum holders like yourself some interesting goodies in their promotional bag, but rather than to just leave us mere standard gamers with the standard game alone, they have decreased the actual functionality and even tossed away some high end flexibility (4k resolution) for all users. Just does not make sense. I do not mind u getting getting extras for the extra money that u have spent. I do object to the rest of us getting things taken out of the game that were working well in the game for....well...I don t understand the reasoning. Why penalise us?

Back