TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

G'Day Deneban. You raise some good points but I still have some "quibbles". For example, your expanded point. I still have no idea what a "spinner" is.

Sure, pware, Its a Microsoft term for a Windows form control that permits user-selectable values from a pre-selected list:

Spinner.jpg

But colloquially it is also expanded to include the selectable text equivalent or "dropdown". My proposed SP1 release notes identified a compatibility mode "spinner" which in this case has 4 pre-selected values to choose from:

spinner2.jpg

Guilty as charged. Having been a one person software developer myself for a major project ("major" in terms of the time I spent on it) for the organisation I worked for. I spent as much time writing the documentation (a full manual for the tech staff and another for the end users) as I did writing and debugging the code. But I was under no real time pressure and the project was the only thing I worked on, unlike the experiences of those working for a gaming software developer.

The nice thing about release notes is they are quick "one-liners".

I appreciate the time you have spent responding to my post.

Thanks pware the feeling is mutual...

Last edited:
It is <kuid2:64038:370004:2> FreightShed Spline by jkeenan and it is a spline object. I thought I recognised it from long ago. The layer it is in, named Layer2, is locked and that is probably one reason why you could not deleted it.

Thanks pware,

All fixed now, I had to clone the route first, then I disabled the item in the cloned route and did a database rebuild, it then showed up as a missing spline object which I deleted. Saved the the route and all is ok.
Many thanks for your help.

Bill69

p.s. I had a few pints last night too.

Bill

Will the next update for TRS19 fix this shadow issue?
63Wuc7Q.jpg

ZAL74vs.jpg

If you want to test it yourself, its <kuid2:122285:3320:21> AJS Station 1x110s

Cheers

Will the next update for TRS19 fix this shadow issue?

If you want to test it yourself, its <kuid2:122285:3320:21> AJS Station 1x110s

Cheers
Very unlikely as this problem existed in TANE, I uploaded an updated ajs station 1x50s in September 2018 to fix the problem as Andi's licence permits and I already had permission for modifying his stations a while back anyway. Someone I forget who asked me if I could fix the problem on that one.
Shadows are caused by the mesh passengers.IM being on or fractionally above the ballast level, fix was to create a new passengers.im mesh of a very small size and position it way below ground level, then re-create the attachment points at the original height. My version of the 1x50s without the shadow is <kuid2:425700:102421:1> CL AJS Station 1x50s. Wasn't noticeable in TS12 as track floated above ground, it doesn't in TANE and TRS19.

Wasn't aware there was another one affected other than the 1x50s.

Very unlikely as this problem existed in TANE, I uploaded an updated ajs station 1x50s in September 2018 to fix the problem as Andi's licence permits and I already had permission for modifying his stations a while back anyway. Someone I forget who asked me if I could fix the problem on that one.
Shadows are caused by the mesh passengers.IM being on or fractionally above the ballast level, fix was to create a new passengers.im mesh of a very small size and position it way below ground level, then re-create the attachment points at the original height. My version of the 1x50s without the shadow is <kuid2:425700:102421:1> CL AJS Station 1x50s. Wasn't noticeable in TS12 as track floated above ground, it doesn't in TANE and TRS19.

Wasn't aware there was another one affected other than the 1x50s.

I'll take a look at your versions of the AJS stations.
Thanks for the info, all makes sense now of the mystery shadow.

The affected one is pretty much what I need since its just long enough for the station, and it has the people randomly placed all over the platform instead of a straight line like how some are placed..:eek:

Cheers

Installing SP1 what a PITA

Apologies for the first post not being nice, but I just spend 7 hours installing the SP1 and I got to tell ya Tony, "not happy, Jane!"

But just in case, this may help other novice like me...

1) Download and installed SP1

2) Run the DRD

3) Run the game and the update screen pops up

4) Select download all and go and take a holiday somewhere... Plenty of time.. (Sunshine Coast come to mind :cool:)

5) Close the game

6) Run the DRD again

7) Run the game again and select download all again as half of the same file are still listed... (no idea of why)

8) Close the game

9) Run the DRD yet again

10) Third time run the game and select again download all (they are still the same file but only 4 or 5 left) BTW all these file where all related to the six free routes that you get with TRS19.

11) Close the game

12) Run the DRD (this is the last time, I promise)

13) Run the game... (and finally the download update screen does not appear)...

This SP1 was not really ready for the public judging by this thread... What was the rush for??? Perhaps the story you are telling your mates of working 70 hours and only drinking ONE coldie in the weekend, is somewhat distorted...:D

None the less, thanks for the update Tony. Much appreciated..

Burt

Hi Burty65,
Were there any error messages during your downloading?
On the re-downloads, did the various packages download then install, or did it say "installing" as it got to each one (which would mean it is installing from the cache folder on the retry.
The behaviour sounds like it could be your AV software interferring with things and not allowing the download or install to complete.
I can assure you I download content regularly (more or less daily) and have never had problems like you're describing.
I have had "disconnects" but then those items show in red so it's obvious something went wrong (and nothing that N3V can do anything about).

btw, it was only 60 hours and having a coldie is code for having several ;)

Hi Burty65,
Were there any error messages during your downloading?
On the re-downloads, did the various packages download then install, or did it say "installing" as it got to each one (which would mean it is installing from the cache folder on the retry.
The behaviour sounds like it could be your AV software interferring with things and not allowing the download or install to complete.
I can assure you I download content regularly (more or less daily) and have never had problems like you're describing.
I have had "disconnects" but then those items show in red so it's obvious something went wrong (and nothing that N3V can do anything about).

btw, it was only 60 hours and having a coldie is code for having several ;)

Hi Tony

No mate, no error of any kind.

Yes, I remember the second time seeing the installing on the first few (maybe the first ten on the list) and then back to downloading + installing..
Nothing ever did showed in red..

Third time, it only had about five or six files in the list so it did downloading then installing for all of them

I did download few things before and never had this problem either.. (that was with the original TRS19)

Being in the country (just out of Kilcoy) we only have wireless connection available, and maybe the weather perhaps (it was raining a lot here Monday)...

Don't use any AV software other than Microsoft Security Essential (standard)

Unfortunately I don't know enough about this beauty, but don't worry about it, it's all good now.. I'm having a ball, learning to play with all the different options available...

having a coldie is code for having several ;)

Can't argue with that.. Is beer o'clock now?

Thank you for replying. Much appreciated Tony..

Burt

Good to hear it all got there. Quite possibly internet related then (or perhaps we'll never know).

And not yet 3pm here so still a bit early.

Bill69,

You may (or may not) have noticed that one of today's asset updates was <kuid2:64038:370004:3> FreightShed Spline. So it seems that the problem with that asset has been fixed (I haven't checked).

Tony re: environment shadows in TRS19 105096 main shadow res is ultra the frame rate really drops to around 30FPS cant u guys make shadows that do not tax the hardware. I have a number of tests to trie and what is dragging the fram rate down and the shadow setting on ultra.

Got it patched to 105096 and seem to be running fine. I did edit a route and run a session and all went well. Had a few problems but kept trying, selecting different paths, until I got it. thanks for all the replies. They helped a lot.

Tony re: environment shadows in TRS19 105096 main shadow res is ultra the frame rate really drops to around 30FPS cant u guys make shadows that do not tax the hardware. I have a number of tests to trie and what is dragging the fram rate down and the shadow setting on ultra.

Ah - you'd like the "super-graphics-performance-without-the-super-graphics-card-edition". Sadly, there is always a trade-off between performance and graphics and ultra shadows require ultra hardware.

Ultra isn't so much the quality of the shadow as it is the exponential increase in the number of assets that are casting shadows. Every one of those shadows has to be tracked and produced by your graphics card, double that if you have 'draw behind camera' turned on. Even a top line card will struggle.
cheers
Graeme

Back