TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

Do we need a separate thread to discuss these subsidiary issues, folks as the thread seems to be drifting away from the issues with SP1 - and more pertinent what/if N3V are doing to fix/change things... :)

RE: Stop going elsewhere? Not sure what you refer to. I was with Time Warner and they were sucked up by Spectrum. I have no control over such things. (And Time Warner was taken over by someone before that... I can't keep track.)

Briefly as this is getting off topic, we have several ISP's mostly using BT equipment or equipment installed in BT exchanges, however you can change ISP's for a better or cheaper deal much like we can for any utilities.

Has anyone noticed the scoring system disappeared since SP1 came out?
This affects all sessions that uses it, including my own.
This was taken from the built-in KSC route on the steam session

hjz2xqP.png

Cheers

Has anyone noticed the scoring system disappeared since SP1 came out?
>>
Yes - it's on our list to fix. We'll be providing a complete list of other items soon.

I couldn't help but notice that nothing was said about the difficulties of making a large zipfile available to QA.

Last edited:
It's all about priorities. There are many solutions available that don't require time spent by our dev team. Time spent setting up our own solution is time not spent fixing/improving Trainz.

I do understand that Tony and I wasn't looking for any kind of heroic solution from N3V. I did my best to zip my data folder, but despite my best efforts it ended up being unreadable. Some further suggestions and words of advice was all that I was looking for. Anyway it doesn't matter since I've decided to stay right away from commenting or giving feedback about new releases or updates from now on.

Anyway it doesn't matter since I've decided to stay right away from commenting or giving feedback about new releases or updates from now on.

That is a pity. Comments and feedback is what this forum, and in particular this thread, is all about. Not all suggestions will be feasible, not all comments will make sense to anyone other than the poster, not all feedback will be on the right track (or even in the right forum) but every contribution is important - even the ones I disagree with:D

Helpdesk have a lot more time than I do to assist with personal solutions to problems. Also for bug reports, QA can help walk you through issues. I'll do what I can but as pware says, it would be a shame not to continue giving feedback as you'll end up more frustrated in the long run when things don't get fixed.

Yes I know feedback from the community is important, but I find it too much an exercise in frustration and I really don't have the energy for it anymore.

Yes I know feedback from the community is important, but I find it too much an exercise in frustration and I really don't have the energy for it anymore.

Take a break, recharge the batteries, start a worm farm (they are fun to watch:hehe:) then restart TANE/TRS19 with renewed energy.

Hi All,

I recently update to TRS19 when SP1 became available to all. I have imported a couple of my private test routes to TRS19 and they both perform as expected except for the English type semaphore signals. The LMSR signals are closest to working but have no animation, the lights work ok most of the time.
I been over, under and through every English semaphore available and none work as they should. Does any one know of some that work?

On another topic, I have a message on the launcher screen saying
"please note that one or more developer settings are active, which may negatively impact game play"
I have no developer settings ticked, I have tried a reboot of the computer which should close everything down and this message still persists.
Very annoying.

Bill69

What is your Compatibility Mode? Is it set to "Maximise compatibility" or to "Maximise performance"? The latter is "a developer setting ... which may negatively impact game play".

What is your Compatibility Mode? Is it set to "Maximise compatibility" or to "Maximise performance"? The latter is "a developer setting ... which may negatively impact game play".

Hi pware,

yes, my compatibility mode is set to "maximum performance" Thanks for the reply, I might try changing it to "stream objects" to see if that helps.

Cheers,
Bill.

Just tried all the settings in compatibility mode, switching TO "maximim compatiblity" fixed it. I find that rather strange as I was getting steady frame rates in maximum performance.

Cheers

Last edited:
Take a break, recharge the batteries, start a worm farm (they are fun to watch:hehe:) then restart TANE/TRS19 with renewed energy.
It doesn't help that it's the hottest part of our Summer at the moment which makes my narcolepsy worse. I'm not even doing any content creation at the moment since I can't concentrate properly on what I'm doing and I keep falling asleep in the middle of it.
A worm farm? - well at least you made me smile and I had a good laugh, - so thanks for that.

Helpdesk have a lot more time than I do to assist with personal solutions to problems. Also for bug reports, QA can help walk you through issues. I'll do what I can but as pware says, it would be a shame not to continue giving feedback as you'll end up more frustrated in the long run when things don't get fixed.
Thanks Tony. When the weather cools down a bit I'll have a look at it again and I'll check with help desk as to the best way to zip up that data file.

A worm farm... Hospital just gave me some green putty to do hand exercises for my neuropathy. The challenge will be doing the LH exercises while trying to build my routes with the RH...until I need to hit Ctrl-Z to undo, of course! :)

It's all about priorities. There are many solutions available that don't require time spent by our dev team. Time spent setting up our own solution is time not spent fixing/improving Trainz.

To keep perceptions properly aligned, "time" was pre-allocated for KotangaGirl as demonstrated where she was solicited for her data folder, post #248:

I would certainly love QA to explore your current local data folder. If you wanted to zip that up and send us a link to download it, that would be great (it will be a large zip file but could identify and solve the problem you are seeing and help other people in the same boat). I also suggest removing the backup folder prior to zipping (then you can put it back again afterwards).

The solution I suggested to avoid zip file issues, setting up an FTP folder for the upload, would take the lesser portion of an hour, given the already sophisticated FTP server at hand.

This time would be N3V time well spent as it could be used to obtain exposure to "field" data folders at large, which could improve the effectiveness of SPs/hotfixes/patches, in turn increasing Trainz commercial popularity by decreasing user update frustrations.

Last edited:
Back