TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

Since updating to the new SP1 last week, I now get all my DLC re-offered for download each time I start TRS19. I can't find anything that says that this should happen (or not), so does anyone know if this is right?
I have done a DB repair but not yet attempted a full EDBR. Should I do this to see what happens? For now I have just been closing the window and heading into the prog.
Is this re-download of DLC, SP1 updates for all of them too?

Thanks

The offer to redownload the DLC is because those DLC assets have been updated to TRS19 SP1.

Down load them first then do a DBR.

Another bug with procedural track. When a junction is unable to form correctly with frog and checkrails due to gradient or other alignment issue, the spline point no longer shows red to flag this up to the route builder that attention may be needed.

TRS19 Canadian Rockies: Ottertail to Castle Junction

Chairlift derails. Very start of Automatic Session. <kuid2:608277:100330:9>

chairlift.jpg

Is anyone else encountering this in TRS19 SP1? It's not exclusive to the asset shown in the screenshot. Sometimes such assets take 15 seconds to load properly. Extended DBR already done.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Is anyone else encountering this in TRS19 SP1? It's not exclusive to the asset shown in the screenshot. Sometimes such assets take 15 seconds to load properly. Extended DBR already done.
Removed the image inside quotation to save diskspace!

Yes, me too. But the texture 'rebuild' lasts only 5 to 7 seconds here. FYI, I'm using: Intel i7 6800 4 GHz CPU, 32 GB DDR4 RAM and a NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU. Seems this HW configuration doesn't suit for this update. Didn't fiddle around with SW settings, let them as they were.

Last edited:

Yes, me too. But the texture 'rebuild' lasts only 5 to 7 seconds here. FYI, I'm using: Intel i7 6800 4 GHz CPU, 32 GB DDR4 RAM and a NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU. Seems this HW configuration doesn't suit for this update. Didn't fiddle around with SW settings, let them as they were.

That looks like something that reappeared when the SP was released. This was reported in the Plus beta early testing and it disappeared from there, but apparently migrated to TRS19. Report this bug and hopefully N3V can issue a hotfix to catch this and other things that have been reported.

Sorry, I've no idea what you are talking about. What is this 'TrainzUtil Prebuild command' ? I'm just a simple user.

1: Launcher > Settings > Dev > Tick Enable Advanced Debug Tools. Need to enable this so TrainzUtil appears in the Developer Menu.
2: Close Launcher and restart it. So it picks up the new settings.
3: Launcher Menu > Developer > Run TrainzUtil command > type prebuild in the box > OK, then go make a cup of coffee while it does it's thing. This Precaches all installed content, so it loads quicker.

I have been experiencing terrible lag with trains lurching along in spurts even though FPS was still not that low. This didn't happen before in TRS19 on my (own) route. I thought that maybe it was something new in my setup like adding progressive track.

I have an RTX 2080 GPU and 16GB RAM, which it used up in seconds flat. Before I changed the pagefile/virtual (RAM) memory to AUTO it ran through the 16 GB and crashed. Now it just limps along. I tried setting the visual performance settings lower and barely any change. It's like the whole route was loaded into RAM/pagefile and now is now having to roll of bits into pagefile and back all the time. Certainly something is now creating a bottleneck. I have not tried the TrainzUtil prebuild command and was not using the Developer settings.

For reference my system specs are below. I'm have the TRS19 data on SSD2 & TRS19 program on SSD1. TRS19 build 105100 (Trainz Plus). I am putting this on the 'Trainz Plus Update 3 is now LIVE' as well as the 'TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE' thread for information.

Peter.

--

SYSTEM
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING OC WHITE 8G
SSD1: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
SSD2: 2nd SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD SATA
Mobo: AX370-Gaming K3 (rev 1) - Gigabyte AX370-GAMING K3 AMD X370 S AM4 DDR4 SATAe ATX Motherboard - Black
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor - 3.2GHz/3.4GHz Summit Ridge
RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3600 MHz XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black
Hard Disk: WD Black 4 TB SATA Hard Drives ( WD4003FZEX )

Last edited:
to n3v, why are shodow setting in TRS19 when set on high setting im getting at least 60 fps, but when set on ultra the fps is dropt to halve 30 fps seems to me shadows are very taxing on the cpu.

SYSTEM:
CPU: intel i7 3.5GHz
M.B: gigabyte Z170 gaming 5
RAM: 32GB
GPU: Gigabyte 1070

Thanks pware. I'll do that tomorrow.

Well tomorrow stretched into a few, but it eventually finished d/loading all my DLC. I did have a hiccough half way through in that the downloaded hung while getting the ECML - Edinburgh to Dundee files. I couldn't minimise the downloads or use Trainz. I eventually forced it closed with TaskManager after about an hour of HDD thrashing. Left it for a day then continued allbeit with less to download except Mohave did it three times. A DBR and it looks like everything installed OK. No faulty items or Open for Editing.
Will continue to test out routes/sessions to see what I have and haven't.
thanks.

By continuing my observations I noticed, that it's not absolutely clear what circumstance(s) trigger the 'lags'. It does also occur, if you add or delete objects in surveyer. Also sometimes a short lag when initiating a whistle blow or reach another 'sound area' for the first time in this session. Additionaly it occurs by loading/unloading rolling stock.

It's not always the case but always when doing a certain thing the first time in this session, in Surveyor as well as in Driver mode. So it's not cached at this moment as it seems to be for me. Last statement sounds to be eliminatable when following the suggustions in #191. Thanks for the valuable hint, Malc! So it gets better at least!

I've also observed permanently the staus of CPU-usage, GPU-usage, memory, disk activity and the like via windows 10's taskmanager. No significant changes!

Last edited:
1: Launcher > Settings > Dev > Tick Enable Advanced Debug Tools. Need to enable this so TrainzUtil appears in the Developer Menu.
3: Launcher Menu > Developer > Run TrainzUtil command > type prebuild in the box > OK, then go make a cup of coffee while it does it's thing. This Precaches all installed content, so it loads quicker.

Thanks for this. This seemed to improve things for me, though still not quite how it was. Nice cup of coffee too.

Multiplayer now more accessible

Taking the good with the bad, has anyone noticed the Multiplayer "type" menu item is finally working with SP1?

Capture4.jpg

Pre-SP, finding a multiplayer session entailed a Discord buddy arrangement or hunting down all sessions to see if one appeared in the color signifying multiplayer.

Thanks for the advice, although this didn't work for me. I'm running TS19 with a I7 8700K, 32GB Ram, MSI 1070 GTX. For now I can only hope N3V to bring out a hotfix to fix this issue. Only seeing trains without solid textures passing by is killing the game for me....

So... given all the issues being flagged in this and other threads re SP1, just wondered if/when likely to see a response from N3V?

It's 3rd January now so surely back off Xmas holiday. At the least a holding post to indicate they are at least considering the problems being raised, would be nice!

It won't matter with today, as its now the weekend, so N3V are going to off anyway. 6 Jan is when they'll return back to operations.

Cheers

Back