Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

United States of America, Georgia, Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    There are no missing dependencies in a clean install with the DRG package. I suggest you uninstall the route and reinstall.
    Hi Tony & Team,

The DRG package is an engine, not a route. I *have* uninstalled / reinstalled with same result.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Diego

Quote Originally Posted by dgallina View Post
    Hi Tony & Team,
    The DRG package is an engine, not a route. I *have* uninstalled / reinstalled with same result.
    Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Diego
    Hello!

That is an interesting problem. I had problems with the Japan DLC, which vanished after that DLC was upgraded and redownloaded. I too have the Reichsbahn 05 train DLC, but throughout the updates it kept on functioning. I am not sure if it is the Train DLC which makes the problem, but another DLC you have. When my Japan DLC was broken, the defective dependencies broke further stuff, among them several Trains, free and payware ones. I could imagine there is a defective dependency from somewhere else, which haywires the DRG DLC. Maybe this helps finding the culprit.

Thanks HPL - tasks raised for QA to check your reports. Keep 'em coming.

dgallina - I meant "session + loco" rather than route - slip of the tongue.

After uninstalling, did you do a db repair? (This is required to update your db)

To be safe, I would also suggest deleting your /cache folder so that you definitely get the new package downloaded.

Also please confirm that it installs /sc476 and /sc476p, and that in those folders, you see "asset-libraries-99303".

Last but not least, check the /476p/content folder has 26 items inside (which includes your missing items).
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Thanks HPL - tasks raised for QA to check your reports. Keep 'em coming.

dgallina - I meant "session + loco" rather than route - slip of the tongue.

After uninstalling, did you do a db repair? (This is required to update your db)

To be safe, I would also suggest deleting your /cache folder so that you definitely get the new package downloaded.

Also please confirm that it installs /sc476 and /sc476p, and that in those folders, you see "asset-libraries-99303".

Last but not least, check the /476p/content folder has 26 items inside (which includes your missing items).
    Hi Again,

I have just now executed each of those steps and it does still fail the same way with the unknown dependencies I'd mentioned before.

/sc476 is created and has the asset library noted
    /sc476p is not created and of course has no content :-)

Thanks again,
    Diego

United States of America, Washington State

To be safe, I would also suggest deleting your /cache folder
    There is all kinds of stuff in that folder Tony, what happens when you delete it?
    T:ANE Build 94916
    TRS19 Platinum Build 105100

Firefighterdan

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterdan View Post
    There is all kinds of stuff in that folder Tony, what happens when you delete it?
    The /cache folder is used to store information and content downloaded into Trainz. Deleting it clears the stored information. The folder then gets rebuilt (by downloading the latest DLS listing etc).

This is only required when you have a problem where the cached data may be an older version than the one you are trying to download (which in this case is still a guess at the problem) We're looking into things at our end as clearly something is wrong somewhere in the system.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

United States of America, Washington State

The /cache folder is used to store information and content downloaded into Trainz. Deleting it clears the stored information. The folder then gets rebuilt (by downloading the latest DLS listing etc).

This is only required when you have a problem where the cached data may be an older version than the one you are trying to download (which in this case is still a guess at the problem) We're looking into things at our end as clearly something is wrong somewhere in the system.

I bought Trainz 19 North American version and installed tons of Jointed Rail and DLS stuff. I then upgraded to the Platinum version but used my first trz 19 userdata folder and am finding I cannot update any Platinum stuff and was wondering if it is because I am using the North American version userdata. So I was wondering if I delete the cache folder will this help me?
    T:ANE Build 94916
    TRS19 Platinum Build 105100

Firefighterdan

Kotangagirl - please use this link to submit your zip file: Trainz Bug Report. Note that disabled/enabled won't affect the zip file
    Oh boy this going to be one huge zip file. There might be a delay with getting the zip file to you as my Win 7 Xeon computer is now disconnected from the internet and its new Win 10 replacement hasn't been delivered yet. (Presently using my little Dell notebook to access the internet)
    I suppose the best thing would be to upload the zipfile to my Dropbox account and send the link to the address that you gave me.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Oh boy this going to be one huge zip file. There might be a delay with getting the zip file to you as my Win 7 Xeon computer is now disconnected from the internet and its new Win 10 replacement hasn't been delivered yet. (Presently using my little Dell notebook to access the internet)
    I suppose the best thing would be to upload the zipfile to my Dropbox account and send the link to the address that you gave me.
    That will work. There's a spot to do that on the form.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

United States of America, Massachusetts (originally from NYC)
    Blog Entries

Hi Tony,

Perhaps you can establish an FTP server folder where folks can send their user folder to? That way the data is easier to manipulate, analysts can see several examples, and you aren't burdening the user with zip files that require 3rd party accounts.

I would certainly love QA to explore your current local data folder. If you wanted to zip that up and send us a link to download it, that would be great (it will be a large zip file but could identify and solve the problem you are seeing and help other people in the same boat).
    Also, not sure if you saw my last message because it might have been stepped on by two huge screenshots:

Quote Originally Posted by deneban View Post
    Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply. I am hoping you will come to embrace the concept that the design objective of SPs needs to expand to include reparation of pre-existing user database conditions before imposing the intended update. That is commercially essential for keeping and building Trainz buyers/users.

Hi Tony,

Commercially, that really isn't the point though is it? If Microsoft took this approach, that it is sufficient that a pristine user configuration updates pristinely, most of our PCs would not survive a Windows Update.

By definition, an SP's purpose in life is naturally to encounter user pre-existing, "off-pristine" conditions. The SP should be more "sailor-proof" and fix pre-existing conditions before imposing the changes, if thats whats need to get a successful result with a good majority of users. For example, why not run a rigorous database review, with interaction with the DLC/DLS database, before the changes are applied?

Please take KotangaGirl's Post #233 seriously, she's hit the "commercial" nail on the head. None of us want to see users permanently frustrated away from Trainz due to SP update problems. But this is what will result if the design objective of the SP is not improved (i.e. account for pre-existing problems such that it leaves things better off than before) . Not all user SP1 issues are neatly summarized in this thread, many users have started their own threads for SP1: taken all of these in sum total, I dare say you have a commercial quality problem to fix.

Trainz has come a very long way technologically in 20 years, and it would be a grave travesty that it cannot make traction or lose followers for something as simple as proper DLC update.

Just want to confirm that N3V seem to have fixed the DRG Class 05 package on the servers. The install now works perfectly on my systems.

Thanks again folks!
    Diego

Blog Entries

Exclamation ASB Controllers Rendered Inoperative with SP1

Moved to a new thread

Last edited by deneban; January 16th, 2020 at 02:59 PM. Reason: moved

I went to open a session with a couple of <kuid2:76656:70001:5> ASB Crossover Controllers (latest version) only to find in SP1, trains are blowing the diamonds passing through each other (aka colliding) as if the controllers were not there. Opening the controller properties revealed the controller forgot its assigned signals.

Not only that, ASB Controllers can no longer retrieve the signal list for the route (see graphic). Tried getting a signal list in Kickstarter County 2 and Lake Sebino, and same result: no signals. Adding a new named signal to the route or typing in an existing signal name had no effect. (p.s.My ASB signals are on the same layer as the controllers)

Surprised you are getting this. It tests OK on Sabino Lake with my SP1.

Signals not showing has usually been down to a Trainz Timeout. When you assign a signal it looks at all the signals on the route. In some cases this can take too long and Trainz will shut the search down. The result is a blank return. The workaround is to use the 'Signal Search Filter'. Type in part of the name of signal you want. This reduces the amount of signals it searches and speeds it up.
    You could try that and see. Maybe it depends on the speed of your system?

Oddly though SP1 seems less prone to this by my tests. It could be my new computer but even the ECML is returning all signals without the need for a filter.

Try re-installing ASB Crossover and doing a database repair?

Boat

Blog Entries

Hi Boat,

Moved this ASB discussion to a new thread so as not to detract from SP1 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by boat View Post
    Surprised you are getting this. It tests OK on Sabino Lake with my SP1.

Signals not showing has usually been down to a Trainz Timeout. When you assign a signal it looks at all the signals on the route. In some cases this can take too long and Trainz will shut the search down. The result is a blank return. The workaround is to use the 'Signal Search Filter'. Type in part of the name of signal you want. This reduces the amount of signals it searches and speeds it up.
    You could try that and see. Maybe it depends on the speed of your system?

Oddly though SP1 seems less prone to this by my tests. It could be my new computer but even the ECML is returning all signals without the need for a filter.

Try re-installing ASB Crossover and doing a database repair?

Boat

The select train tab no longer appears in driver nor does a quick drive option show up, even when quick drive is added. Anybody know how to fix this?

edit: also in surveyor traffic doesn’t move and sounds don’t play