TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

Can I suggest that you try a new userdata folder and report if that resolves the problem.

Not at the moment: I spent nearly the whole afternoon downloading updates. Anyway, only four had install issues ("Orient Express Trainset" and "RZD-UZ-RIC Wagons (standard gauge)" that didn't update at all, "NYC J3a-Dreyfuss Streamlined Hudson" that had missing dependencies, and "Midwestern Branch" that completely failed).

are you using/sharing a userdata folder? Moving or renaming anything? Manually doing something with files?
Are the items you are downloading saying the full name of the item (and not scxxx)?

Always had the same single userdata folder. No moving or renaming anything. No action with any file.
Items have the names that appear in the "Updates" tab in "Content Store".

Peter,
I do base my opinion on the value of SP1 to ME upon the posts I have read and upon what was listed in the wiki as the new features included or not included. <snip> I'm not saying SP1 is worthless to users suffering from those bugs or that are subscribers and get the new features available only to them. <snip> So following my lifelong motto of "don't fix what ain't broke" I believe I should pass on the SP1 update.

A valid point of view. The SP1 update, for me, is worthwhile and since N3V have just announced TRS19 Platinum Edition as an outright purchase (no subscription) version of Trainz Plus without the updates and free DLC access, I will be taking a serious look at that.

Just to finish this conversation, it seems that I was left with no choice as TRS19 would not start without applying the update. Auto updates was set to off but the program was dead to me without allowing the forced update to complete. And as Steam has no roll back feature, I'm stuck with it good or bad. FYI for other Steam users. The update will appear to hose your database and no amount of database repairs or EDRs will resolve the issues. You must shutdown completely and restart TRS19 then enter CM and wait for it to respond. This might take a few minutes but it will at last list your installed assets. Check for assets marked as faulty and missing dependencies and download any missing ones. I was missing one that was on the DLS.

A quick look at it and other then the confusing new Menu bar in Surveyor not much to see.

William

Just updated to Build 105096 with only one problem found so far: The traffic on my roads stop at the first intersection that they arrive at and do not continue on beyond. I'm using msgsapper's '1980s Plus USA' region and streadway YARNish intersections.

Why is the undo arrow hidden inside one of the icons in surveyor? Instead of clicking the arrow as many times you needed you now have to go inside one of the icons to click undo. And it will only allow you to click once then you have to click the icon yet again!! A very unhelpful addition and very very pointless and time consuming. Why hide the undo/redo arrows when its something you're going to use a lot.

Or am I missing something

Cheers
Stuart

Why is the undo arrow hidden inside one of the icons in surveyor? Instead of clicking the arrow as many times you needed you now have to go inside one of the icons to click undo. And it will only allow you to click once then you have to click the icon yet again!! A very unhelpful addition and very very pointless and time consuming. Why hide the undo/redo arrows when its something you're going to use a lot.

Cheers
Stuart

I never used the undo / redo arrows, as I been using the keyboard shortcuts. Its actually faster :D
CTRL + Z = undo
CTRL + Y = redo

Cheers

I prefer the new interface over the old - one reason is that it uses less screen real estate. It did not take me long to get used to it.

After the update roads are moved and cars stop at intersections. I also have missing assets that were not missing before that are built in and payware.

2019-12-19-215052.jpg

To take one ----> Missing dependencies, all "Not Installed Payware (not active) ----> On the NYC J3a-Dreyfuss Streamlined Hudson
<kuid2:523:19721258:1> Berkshire Interior
<kuid:276266:1273> steam smoke
<kuid:276266:100041> Berkshire N-1 Engine
<kuid2:276266:1092:1> Lamp Light

Many things is missing of my built in and Payware :(

I am on the SteamPlatform

Last edited:
I certainly appreciate the work that Tony and his team do, but I'm still too scared to update or patch anything on my two TS2019 installs. I'm being serious by the way. Both my copies of TS2019 are working fine at Build 100240 and are doing all that I want after I spent nearly a week of spare time over a month ago doing nothing else but fix faulty stuff. I really don't want a repeat of that experience. All this business of update streams and connecting to the right one is far too confusing for me so I don't want to play that game.
Sorry Tony, I know I'm a bit of an old Luddite, but I really can't face an attempt at patching or updating my copies of TS2019

I certainly appreciate the work that Tony and his team do, but I'm still too scared to update or patch anything on my two TS2019 installs. I'm being serious by the way. Both my copies of TS2019 are working fine at Build 100240 and are doing all that I want after I spent nearly a week of spare time over a month ago doing nothing else but fix faulty stuff. I really don't want a repeat of that experience. All this business of update streams and connecting to the right one is far too confusing for me so I don't want to play that game.
Sorry Tony, I know I'm a bit of an old Luddite, but I really can't face an attempt at patching or updating my copies of TS2019

I know how you feel about messing up something that works. That's why I backup stuff diligently.

I also tested on a separate copy of my full database which I also did the beta testing on. When the final version was released, I updated what I call my working copy which sat there untouched except for content updates. Now that everything is updated, I'm back on my working copy and will do that until there's a new version to check. When that comes along, I'll copy over any differences and continue testing on the test copy.

This update, when I updated my production copy this time, had no errors other than some missing dependencies which I had to download from the DLS.

I have yet to apply the update but rather dreading to see what it might have done to my various WIP route projects.

And I certainly agree that burying the undo/redo button away is not a good idea. If you've made a mess of placing a section of track and smoothing it or some terrain texturing has gone skew whiff, hitting a dozen or more times in quick succession is not uncommon. This should have been an option rather than force it on everyone.

Edit: Just noticed the above screenshot with the broken spline at a connected object. There was a rumour this was also afflicting TANE SP4. In the name of all that is good, please tell me that the changes to the code have not resurrected this old bug which afflicted TS12 49922 and all previous versions to that? If so that is a complete show stopper for me as it affected any route at a random location, not necessarily the area in which you were working. This needs an immediate hotfix or the update rolling back until the programmer can identify what part of the code they messed up.

Last edited:
Patched TRS19 Build 100240 to 105096. (TRS19 directory size is 466 gigs). After patching, most of the Built-in routes showed a few "Built-in" content as Faulty. Built-in routes showed as "Built-In Faulty Dependency".

About 10 to 12 items showed up as "built-in faulty". I couldn't delete, submit, revert, etc, as those options where all "greyed out". I thought to myself, poop, I should have made a complete backup copy of my TRS19 directory, before I installed the patch. Dumbcough!

So I ran the "database repair" option. To my surprise, when it completed, everything showed up as back to normal. Faulty "built-in" content where all gone!!! Ran TRS19 105096 and everything seemed to be hunky dory...

I'm now back to being a happy camper and making two backups copies of my whole TRS19 directory...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
I'll ask again

Using the keyboard shortcut is totally useless for me as I'm left handed means I have to take my hand off the mouse in my left hand to then use the keyboard with two hands and then put my hand back on the mouse rather than just clicking the screen. So for me using the keyboard takes even longer

I hope I can package the Edinburgh - Dundee route I'm updating to a lesser build number without any side effects

Cheers
Stuart

Back