TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

So a quick survey of my favorites shows that most, but not all, routes survived, a few sessions were broken, and many of my favorite locomotives and rolling stock were ruined. <sigh> Most of the changes to the UI were irritating rather than useful.

I'll remain with TANE.

You've now given me a new thing to worry about Norm. All my mid 19th century models are old legacy items and if this update is going to mess up their textures I don't want to know about it.

I'm running a fully updated, Trainz Plus version, build 105100...

I attempted to use Content Store to install and update DLC (all of which threw errors that have been mentioned in this thread already), and now literally every built-in and DLC route have missing dependencies, many of which appear to have just up and disappeared! Assets that were certainly there yesterday have gone dark, many now showing the name of the asset, alongside "unknown location", or payware assets that, again, were there before the patch, now showing "Not installed, not active". Or how about built-in routes now having dozens of dependencies now showing "unknown asset"? It seems the number of assets missing dependencies fluctuates between ~150 to 500+ (and I had a lot of things missing dependencies anyway just due to laziness, but this is insane). And I haven't even looked at the new "faulty" list yet. I don't know if I want to.

Is anyone else having these kinds of problems? Or is my installation falling apart?

Matt

Last edited:
What ???

Completed download 100240 to 105096.
Premature exit from installation with this message:

installerror.jpg.3d8937757cb43ae4970b710ffc724702.jpg

Do you have any ideas for this problem?
:(
Thanks

HPL - I would really love to know how you (and only you so far) is managing to get all these install errors. Can I suggest that you try a new userdata folder and report if that resolves the problem.

Can I suggest that you read all those posts reporting the same problems.

The interface change must go down as one of the most crap updates in the history of any train sim.

It's not just the undo button, if I want to bring up the search box (and associated pick list) I now have to go ferreting around in the menus instead of clicking a simple button.

What bear of little brain decided that those of us building routes in Surveyor needed to lose the tried and trusted interface for the "convenience" of those who want to drive while building. The previous system worked fine for 18 years, all you've done is pee off a large percentage of your much needed route builders when it comes to creating content for the game.

Please give us the option of the "classic" interface back.

Are there any release notes for SP1 besides #1? The statement 'bug fixes' and 'several other improvements' are not that satisfying. Some more detailed release notes would be appreciated, so I can decide if it's worth for myself to update to SP1.
I just want to know if there is the shortcut for the 'Edit Trains ...' in the Tools menu now available (as promised in another thread).
At the moment I'm using TRS19 100240 and consider to update to SP1 (105096).

Or in other words: Can someone confirm wether above mentioned shortcut is included or not?

Last edited:
Are there any release notes for SP1 besides #1? The statement 'bug fixes' and 'several other improvements' are not that satisfying. Some more detailed release notes would be appreciated, so I can decide if it's worth for myself to update to SP1.
I just want to know if there is the shortcut for the 'Edit Trains ...' in the Tools menu now available (as promised in another thread).

Or in other words: Can someone confirm wether above mentioned shortcut is included or not?

I agree it would have been nice to see a more detailed list of bug fixes and outstanding issues.

I doubt, however, if the requested shortcut will appear immediately. This release was already baked and sitting on the cookie rack cooling off when that issue was brought up. This kind of thing usually shows up in a future release or substantial service pack.

Just a note to advise you all re my problems after adding the SP1 Public Patch. The problems were of my own making having updated the NVIDIA drive early the same morning and carrying out a small overclocking as I have before with MSI Afterburner.
After exhausting all other avenues I decided last night to revert to the base setting.
Bingo hit the jackpot and game started OK.
Now rebuilding after a clean install.
Merry Christmas All.
PS Accept the improvements and move on giving praise to the development team for this the best of all the TRAINZ issues.

Just a note to advise you all re my problems after adding the SP1 Public Patch. The problems were of my own making having updated the NVIDIA drive early the same morning and carrying out a small overclocking as I have before with MSI Afterburner.
After exhausting all other avenues I decided last night to revert to the base setting.
Merry Christmas All.
PS Accept the improvements and move on giving praise to the development team for this the best of all the TRAINZ issues.

I'm glad you got things sorted out. I hate self-inflicted issues! :eek:

Merry Christmas to you too, Jack.

Are you a plus/gold member? This release is a strange one as it's my understanding that the same build (105096) provides different tools depending whether you are a plus/gold member or not. My 105096 says "Trainz Plus" as I'm a Gold member with Plus. This Plus version has UDS (Unified Driver Surveyor) and thus does not have "Edit Trains" but has Surveyor and Driver as a unified system. Instead of using "Edit Trains" you instantly go into Surveyor where you can do all the same things as Edit Trains plus all the other Surveyor benefits.

As a gold member I can't even "see" the non-"Trainz Plus" SP1 system but I assume it has separate Driver and Surveyor and thus, "Edit Trains". I wish someone would confirm this for me just for my own curiosity. But apparently even though both are 105096 SP1 the working components depend on membership level.

Would someone with 105096 SP1 (NON PLUS) please verify you still have separate Driver/Surveyour and "Edit Trains." Or does the Non Plus 105096 also have UDS? Thanks much.

Regards, Greg

Are you a plus/gold member? This release is ...<<<omitted unrelated text>>>...

Regards, Greg

No, not any kind of memberships like plus, silver or gold. I only hold a FCT membership for faster downloads. Your statements sound very replicable, thanks Greg.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas All.
IMHO, overclocking isn't the yellow from an egg in my experience. I always ignore overclocking features for final gameplay and stay without it. So I had less probs on graphics HW and SW side. Maybe I consider it for spare use just to try something out for a short period of time. But then I always revert to previous (standard/normal) settings.

MC to you too!

I agree it would have been nice to see a more detailed list of bug fixes and outstanding issues.

I doubt, however, if the requested shortcut will appear immediately. This release was already baked and sitting on the cookie rack cooling off when that issue was brought up. This kind of thing usually shows up in a future release or substantial service pack.

Hm, at the most far corner of my brain cells I saw a yellow 'PostIt' telling me the same you just told me a few minutes ago. ;-)
This ensures me to believe I have to wait further... Thanks John!

I've been using the update for a few days now. The patch loaded and installed without problem but had a few issues with the database and payware showing as being available to download when it was already installed. After a database repair, content seems OK. I am not sure about the new menu system but I am getting used to it. Traffic seems a problem, getting stuck, in surveyor but seems ok in driver.

Main thing that no longer seems to work in surveyor is Alt-Y and Alt-U (walk and fly view) or is it just me.

I've been using the update for a few days now. The patch loaded and installed without problem but had a few issues with the database and payware showing as being available to download when it was already installed. After a database repair, content seems OK. I am not sure about the new menu system but I am getting used to it. Traffic seems a problem, getting stuck, in surveyor but seems ok in driver.

Main thing that no longer seems to work in surveyor is Alt-Y and Alt-U (walk and fly view) or is it just me.

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forums.

There is no need for Alt-Y and Alt-U anymore. Under the camera there is Fly and Walk cameras available automatically without needing the special key combos.

Thanks for that. I am now running build 105096. I'm sure Alt-Y and Alt-U worked before applying the patch and were very useful in checking that things lined up properly when editing a route in surveyor, especially as spline points etc were hidden when in walk and fly modes. I have found that walk mode is invoked when zooming into the ground, but it does not hide spline points etc. I'll have another look tomorrow.

Not sure we are talking about same thing but if your desire is to hide spline points depending on context (usage) in Surveyor check the "Limit Contextual Information" on Game "Interface Settings." But of course, whether they display or not depends on the function you are in.

Just an update, all installed, some errors. Main problem is related to my on going project. Route loads with errors, when opening session the game crashes to desktop. Does anyone have a suggestion how to correct.

Problems resolved itself.

Last edited:
Back