TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

I have the retail TRS19, build 100240. When I tried to start it the patcher window came up offering me an update. I accepted, didn't change the target, nor the patch stream ("TRS19"). I selected Apply Patch to 105096 (SP1). It downloaded 2.something GB, and then started Installing. Pretty soon a window came up from my AV (Bitdefender), although the file it was complaining about was nothing to do with Trainz (GadgetPack) (I wasn't consciously doing anything with gadgets at the time, although I do have some on the screen). But when I got rid of that window the patcher had vanished as well.

Now when I try to repeat the patch, after checking the following comes up: "Patch not viable. Filepath already occupied D:\TRS19\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\TNIGameController.dll". That file is indeed where it says it is (with today's date). How should I recover?

Thanks,

Peter

That sounds messy... Let's try not to have to do a fresh install first!

Maybe you can delete your temporary files and try again? It maybe that there's junk left in your windows \temp folder (C:\users\(your name)\app data\local\temp.).

There is also a patch-installer folder created there as well in the app data\temp and I would clear that one especially and try again.

Did you check the quarantine folder of Bit Defender in case it put a needed file in there? I've had that occur with that program as well as Kaspersky in the past munching on useful and harmless stuff and causing all kinds of havoc afterwards.

If not you'll have to reinstall the program from scratch. You can redownload the installer from your My Trainz account. Install it by default and then change the location of your data folder in the settings afterwards. It's much easier that way.

OK. I got 105100 installed.

Right off the bat...
o I love being able to leap between surveyor and driver
o I hate needing to perform a complete reconstruction of my PickLists. Isn't there a way to save pick lists in .cdb format or something to avoid this madness?

Now to slog through DB reconstruction.
I notice an alarmingly large number of <unknown assets> present. I sure hope they go away when I finish getting the DLC and missing DLS stuff installed.

HF

Oh boy. The JR Rolling Stock Pack (TRS19) didn't install correctly.

CDP package installation failed.
Error: Installation of the content package
'D:/TRS19-databases/TRS19-PLUS-105100/cache/internet/u6xfbiw3536.cdp' failed. Required file does not exist.
1 Errors, 0 warnings

Hitting Retry didn't help.

Sigh.

HF

Oh boy. The JR Rolling Stock Pack (TRS19) didn't install correctly.

CDP package installation failed.
Error: Installation of the content package
'D:/TRS19-databases/TRS19-PLUS-105100/cache/internet/u6xfbiw3536.cdp' failed. Required file does not exist.
1 Errors, 0 warnings

Hitting Retry didn't help.

Sigh.

HF

Reinstall from scratch or redownload. This sounds like a corrupted file to begin with. All my content installed fine.

Ps

I still owe you an email response... I've been busy with lots of non-Trainzing stuff.

I deleted everything in the AppData\Temp folder, and there wasn't anything in the BD quarantine folder. Same result. So as you sugggested, I'm now downloading to install from scratch. At least I won't have to patch it...

Many thanks for your prompt assistance!

Peter

I am just performing a new install after deleting all reference to TRS19 including any patches folders etc.I have utilised Ccleaner to clean up the drives, in fact ran it a number of times. All I have left installed is TANE. I do have all work in progress saved as cdp's, also all my extensive third party content. My initial and continuing problem was not being able to progress past the opening "Environment Loading" screen. Will let you know how it panned out later today.

That did not succeed, same result, STOP at the splash screen, which did not fully load, also a Download Assets window loaded, screen is locked so am unable to download the assets.

I need additional help urgently to resolve this problem.

Should I try from scratch by reinstalling the first issue of TRS2019

Last edited:
OK. I got 105100 installed.

Right off the bat...
o I love being able to leap between surveyor and driver
o I hate needing to perform a complete reconstruction of my PickLists. Isn't there a way to save pick lists in .cdb format or something to avoid this madness?

Now to slog through DB reconstruction.
I notice an alarmingly large number of <unknown assets> present. I sure hope they go away when I finish getting the DLC and missing DLS stuff installed.

HF

Run a database repair.

That cleared up mine.

I have just installed the update and have found problems with the traffic. I have traffic enabled, but on the route I am creating the traffic stops at cross roads, roundabouts, etc, that it used to flow freely across. I now get the cars beeping all the time and traffic jams forming. After a while no more traffic is created. I have noticed this on all non-spline objects (including bridges, level crossings, even 90 deg turns.

I have also noticed that the menu at the top left corner has changed in surveyor. For example the undo button is now hidden away in a sub menu. Is there any way of getting the old menu back?

Edited to add: I have noticed that there is a thread with a discussion on this problem. I will keep an eye on this thread - although so far no-one has come up with a solution!

Last edited:
En-TUMEd in trainz plus

I have a zillion <unknown asset> errors after installing 105100.

Many of them are <kuid2:82412:...> which I believe is TUME.

Have many TUME assets been deprecated for this release?

HF

Odd behavior - 105096 (Gold/Plus edition UDS version) Bug report being submitted.
- Place Locomotive on track
- Exit Surveyor to enter Driver
- Pretend you don't notice that you are in Pause.
- With Driver in pause and Focus on Loco issue a "Navigate To" command (you can do this while Paused)
- Nothing happens as Driver is in pause.
- You now see the issue and you Un-Pause
- Issue a "Navigate To" command again - No "Navigate To" panel is presented.
- Left click on loco (focus resets??? something happens. camera zooms to loco)
- ALL the "Navigate To" attempts you made will now show.

Tony, can you please put the undo redo arrows back and where did the pick list go I cannot find it. :confused:

I hope Tony/N3V put the "Undo Icon" back to where it use to be, or thereabouts. I fine it very handy where it is in Tane. The problem N3V face is "priority". Do they drop everything else to get this sorted. Or do they put it on the "list of things" to do and try and get around to it when they can.

Tony/N3V have already taken a hammering from some; re; not being able to deliver TANE SP4 updates before Christmas/New Year. To the Tane users, they see SP4 as a priority. To the TRS19 users, 105960 was more important. Sometimes you can't please everyone.

Personally, I'm happy that they where able to deliver one out of the two updates before Xmas. I'd much rather see them get the Tane update sorted properly before release, rather than issue it before it's ready for prime time!

Cheers, Mac...

I have a zillion <unknown asset> errors after installing 105100.

Many of them are <kuid2:82412:...> which I believe is TUME.

Have many TUME assets been deprecated for this release?

HF

TRy Rebuild Database in manage content i had same as you and it really worked for me.

TRy Rebuild Database in manage content i had same as you and it really worked for me.

Do you mean "Launch/Developer/Rebuild Database" ? I've done that and it didn't fix the problem although it's letting me try reinstalling JR Rolling Stock Pack (TRS19)

Or "Content Manager/Developer/Rebuild Database"?

HF

Do you mean "Launch/Developer/Rebuild Database" ? I've done that and it didn't fix the problem although it's letting me try reinstalling JR Rolling Stock Pack (TRS19)

HF

i mean Content Manager/Developer/Rebuild Database that fix it for me, and JR Rolling Stock Pack work now. i hope it helps for you.

Note, i buy the game and all my DLC on steam plattform,

Last edited:

HF

It's one and the same.

SP1 Content Store Errors.

Hello,
I updated to SP1 with no problems as far as the update goes.

The problem is when I try to install/update form the content store. Most of the Rolling stock I download does so correctly.

The errors happen with the Routes.
This is the error I get.
TRS19-SP1-Content-Store-Error.jpg

The Two Routes I have tried this time are "The Shortz & Kerlz Traction railroad" and "Japan Model Railroad".
Both give the same Error.
When I first Installed the Update I had all of my Content Vault installed, So I tried to update them. That is the first time with these errors.
I have since removed and reinstalled TRS19, then updates to Sp1 again. Tried reinstalling Content Vault items again with errors.
( I just went down the line and hit install, not paying attention to errors. Dumb I know.) I cannot tell you which ones had errors but I would say 60 to 80% did.

Did another reload.
These installed without errors.

Pro Trainz - ETR 1000 - Frecciarossa
Trainz Route: Settle and Carlisle
Trainz Route: Andrushivka - Vinnitsa UZ
Trainz Route: Shortline Railroad

Inhave checked the Error log and it only give the same error.
My trainz Installation is on separate SSD.

Kenny

Check and see if the "error" routes didn't install just fine. In the beta testing this occurred and I believe N3V was working on the issue. The routes install OK even though you get the error.

Ignore the error. This is due to a configuration issue on the server and nothing to do with your install. In so many words, the data version you download is at a different version than what the tracking program thinks it's supposed to be. In the Plus beta thread, Windwlkr said we can ignore it so I am.

Back