Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill69 View Post
    I find that rather strange as I was getting steady frame rates in maximum performance.
    But some things like portals do not work correctly in "Maximise performance" mode.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    But some things like portals do not work correctly in "Maximise performance" mode.
    Oh, Ok. guess I had better try the signals again now.

Thanks,
    Bill
    If you are going to try cross-country skiing,
    Start with a small country.

Take a break, recharge the batteries, start a worm farm (they are fun to watch) then restart TANE/TRS19 with renewed energy.
    It doesn't help that it's the hottest part of our Summer at the moment which makes my narcolepsy worse. I'm not even doing any content creation at the moment since I can't concentrate properly on what I'm doing and I keep falling asleep in the middle of it.
    A worm farm? - well at least you made me smile and I had a good laugh, - so thanks for that.

Helpdesk have a lot more time than I do to assist with personal solutions to problems. Also for bug reports, QA can help walk you through issues. I'll do what I can but as pware says, it would be a shame not to continue giving feedback as you'll end up more frustrated in the long run when things don't get fixed.
    Thanks Tony. When the weather cools down a bit I'll have a look at it again and I'll check with help desk as to the best way to zip up that data file.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

A worm farm... Hospital just gave me some green putty to do hand exercises for my neuropathy. The challenge will be doing the LH exercises while trying to build my routes with the RH...until I need to hit Ctrl-Z to undo, of course!
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

United States of America, Massachusetts (originally from NYC)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    It's all about priorities. There are many solutions available that don't require time spent by our dev team. Time spent setting up our own solution is time not spent fixing/improving Trainz.
    To keep perceptions properly aligned, "time" was pre-allocated for KotangaGirl as demonstrated where she was solicited for her data folder, post #248:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    I would certainly love QA to explore your current local data folder. If you wanted to zip that up and send us a link to download it, that would be great (it will be a large zip file but could identify and solve the problem you are seeing and help other people in the same boat). I also suggest removing the backup folder prior to zipping (then you can put it back again afterwards).
    The solution I suggested to avoid zip file issues, setting up an FTP folder for the upload, would take the lesser portion of an hour, given the already sophisticated FTP server at hand.

This time would be N3V time well spent as it could be used to obtain exposure to "field" data folders at large, which could improve the effectiveness of SPs/hotfixes/patches, in turn increasing Trainz commercial popularity by decreasing user update frustrations.
    Last edited by deneban; January 25th, 2020 at 10:11 AM.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by deneban View Post
    To keep perceptions properly aligned, "time" was pre-allocated for KotangaGirl as demonstrated where she was solicited for her data folder, post #248:

The solution I suggested to avoid zip file issues, setting up an FTP folder for the upload, would take the lesser portion of an hour, given the already sophisticated FTP server at hand.

This time would be N3V time well spent as it could be used to obtain exposure to "field" data folders at large, which could improve the effectiveness of SPs/hotfixes/patches, in turn increasing Trainz commercial popularity by decreasing user update frustrations.
    Ideally yes this would work, but how about those of us with really, really huge data-folders? Mine runs close to a terabyte now with DLC and route testing I do. That takes me 4 hours to back up between hard disks, and I can only imagine how long that would take to upload over a network.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Ideally yes this would work, but how about those of us with really, really huge data-folders? Mine runs close to a terabyte now with DLC and route testing I do. That takes me 4 hours to back up between hard disks, and I can only imagine how long that would take to upload over a network.
    Hi John,

Its the only viable method presented to date which can fulfill the N3V request.

I guess users could mail in DVDs if there is a metered connection involved.
    Last edited by deneban; January 25th, 2020 at 02:12 PM. Reason: deleted the personal content

ECML Edinburgh-Dundee:

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    ECML Edinburgh-Dundee:

What a mess! Presumably a memory issue, just too much in the scene for the "new" graphics engine to render. A similar scene in DTG TS on the Edinburgh to Glasgow route or Just Trains Edinburgh to Dundee route has no such issues nor does the Making Tracks route for MSTS in Open rails either!
    TRS 2019 Coach Class (Former Customer)

SP1 update is now being offered via Steam (Mac). Should I assume this is the problematic build and avoid installing - if I can manually prevent it updating?

Edit: too late! Steam will not let you play of once an update is in the wings, and clicking the 'play' button kicked off the download.....Doh. 3GB worth of Doh.
    Last edited by tim12rob; January 27th, 2020 at 01:58 AM.
    Mac Mini 2018 i5 6core 8GB // Radeon RX580 8GB // Razer Core X egpu // LG 4K // T:ANE & TRS19 (Steam platform)

United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisc Rapids
    Blog Entries

So I tried the delete missing assets, and TRS19 does not delete the missing assets, but lists them, which is something I didn't ask for.

After doing a quick save and reloaded it, the missing asset is still there.
    I want to know, is this still called 'delete missing assets' or is it now called 'delete missing assets' where it just lists them? If that's the case, then it should be renamed to 'list missing assets' and not 'delete missing assets' - which is a useless feature.

This is happening in all versions of TRS19 except pre-SP1, which I went back to as SP1 just has too many game breaking / useless 'features'.

UPDATE #2
    When you have objects in another layer, and you delete that layer, instead of having the objects being deleted, they're merged into another layer when I didn't wanted them merged into the other layer....

Might post more here when I run into them, but in the mean time, I went back to pre-SP1 where its actually stable and everything works as it should.

Not happy user, cheers
    Last edited by hiawathamr; January 27th, 2020 at 10:58 AM.

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hiawathamr View Post
    So I tried the delete missing assets, and TRS19 does not delete the missing assets, but lists them, which is something I didn't ask for.

UPDATE #2
    Sounds like significant design changes to inflict on the route modeler without notice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hiawathamr View Post
    I want to know, is this still called 'delete missing assets' or is it now called 'delete missing assets' where it just lists them? If that's the case, then it should be renamed to 'list missing assets' and not 'delete missing assets' - which is a useless feature.
    I do not understand your logic. The screenshot you supplied clearly shows in the "Delete Missing Assets" dialogue window that assets were deleted so it did delete. It reported a problem loading the spline for a "stretch" (which I presume is the spline between two spline points) so I would suspect that was a failure to delete.

I ran my own tests in both SP1 and Platinum. I set up a route, added some different spline assets and, in CM, I disabled some of those assets. I then reloaded the route into Surveyor and the route was shown with the spline points of the disabled assets but not the splines themselves. I then used the Delete Missing Asset tool. In SP1 all the disabled splines (as seen by their spline points) vanished from the route but I did get the report about loading a number of "stretches". In Platinum all but one of the splines vanished (with the same error report) and the one that remained was still visible only by its red Surveyor spline line and spline points.

By the way I like the idea of listing the assets it is deleting, or attempting to delete. Much better than the old method of sitting there twiddling your thumbs wondering if anything was actually happening.
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

Blog Entries

I do not understand your logic. The screenshot you supplied clearly shows in the "Delete Missing Assets" dialogue window that assets were deleted so it did delete.
    Hi PWare,

I believe what hiawathamr is showing in his first example is that the unknown asset "429700:..." is still listing as a missing dependency for the route "0000", despite having performed a missing asset deletion.

Build 105100: I can create a session with <kuid2:244265:101059:3> "CFD locotracteur X" or <kuid2:244265:101062:1> "CFD locotracteur Y" (both on DLS) and save it. But if I drive any of them and decide to save the ongoing session... CTD! Same issue on any route. No problem in Build 105096.