Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Update 3 is now LIVE

Database repair may fix most of the issues.
    Malc

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Malc,
    That was done right after the install. I'll try it again though.

I tried importing those missing kuids for the Kanawha from TANE but they now show as faulty for the engine.

Heinrich

Heinrich,
    Have you tried the BC&SJ with the new version? I'm having the dickens trying to get it to work.
    HF

Horace,
    I have not tried it yet. I'll check it though. With all the other payware that was showing missing dependencies or faulty, I have not checked on the other routes yet.

Heinrich505

Trying to find BC&SJ but looks like it's not available to the public yet? Do you have testers? I'd give it a try in 105100.
    Win10: ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    TRS19 SP1(plus), 106618(plus), 107918(+beta)

Horace,
    Yes, it loaded up, but took a veeeeeeery long time to do so. It was a little jerky coming out of Salem with framerates in the high 40s.

Heinrich505

Clam1952,
    Whew, thanks Malc for talking me down from the panic attack. It looks like the second data base repair managed to take care of the problems I outlined.

Thanks - I appreciate it.

Heinrich505

Blog Entries

Thanks for new much improved smoother Mac update process.....That's really nice.

Whew! I finally tracked down the last missing assets and my 105100 installation now appears to be working...

And now back to the route building freeway which is already in progress...

HF

Oh darn I posted in the wrong thread. Now Deleted.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; December 22nd, 2019 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Quote Originally Posted by Stationbeem View Post
    pcas1986
    Getting same result. Plus I am getting a dd035 for the LMS DUTCHESS.
    Yes, me too!

Paul

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsw2 View Post
    Yes, me too!

Paul
    Is this related to the DLC download problem?

If so, I've had a little chat with N3V QA who gave some me some hints.

1. It seems to me that the DLC "Additional TANE Assets for TRS19" SC491 is the first DLC you need to get error free since a bunch of other DLC appear to depend on it.
    2. Sometimes, but not always, you can correct an installation with a retry.
    3. If that doesn't work then uninstall it and remove any folders with the same id - i.e. SC491 in the userdata\packages folder. The DLC id can be found in the Details panel for the DLC item.
    4. The uninstall process takes a long time and the progress slider doesn't work. It can take 10 minutes or so although I haven't timed it.
    5. Reinstall the DLC and it "should" be OK. No guarantees.

Warning: Be careful when opening the Details panel. It's very easy to click on Uninstall and there is no warning or confirmation required. Ask me how I know.

QA said this in my final exchange after I suggested the report could be closed:

Thanks for the follow up. I'm going to leave the task open for the team because I sometimes see this resource "error" with DLC packages that do not seem to be impacting the actual installation.
    It may be that some expected resources have been renamed or the path on the server was changed and something elsewhere wasn't updated (or excluded). So the game may think something is amiss because it's looking at a legacy path\resource. It would be best if looked into by one of our server admins. I also opened a ticket via the Helpdesk where our Account Admins work, they may have a bit more insight.

Paul

I can't export CDP. Problem with Trainz Mac Plus (build 105113) or Catalina operating system (10.15.2) ?

"The save file operation failed
    The save file operation failed to connect to the open and save panel service"

Quote Originally Posted by CitMusJoe View Post
    Removed the image inside quotation to save diskspace!

Yes, me too. But the texture 'rebuild' lasts only 5 to 7 seconds here. FYI, I'm using: Intel i7 6800 4 GHz CPU, 32 GB DDR4 RAM and a NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU. Seems this HW configuration doesn't suit for this update. Didn't fiddle around with SW settings, let them as they were.
    [From the 'TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE' thread - see below]

I have been experiencing terrible lag with trains lurching along in spurts even though FPS was still not that low. This didn't happen before in TRS19 on my (own) route. I thought that maybe it was something new in my setup like adding progressive track.

I have an RTX 2080 GPU and 16GB RAM, which it used up in seconds flat. Before I changed the pagefile/virtual (RAM) memory to AUTO it ran through the 16 GB and crashed. Now it just limps along. I tried setting the visual performance settings lower and barely any change. It's like the whole route was loaded into RAM/pagefile and now is now having to roll of bits into pagefile and back all the time. Certainly something is now creating a bottleneck. I have not tried the TrainzUtil prebuild command and was not using the Developer settings.

For reference my system specs are below. I'm have the TRS19 data on SSD2 & TRS19 program on SSD1. TRS19 build 105100 (Trainz Plus). I am putting this on the 'Trainz Plus Update 3 is now LIVE' as well as the 'TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE' thread for information.

Peter.

--

SYSTEM
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING OC WHITE 8G
    SSD1: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
    SSD2: 2nd SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD SATA
    Mobo: AX370-Gaming K3 (rev 1) - Gigabyte AX370-GAMING K3 AMD X370 S AM4 DDR4 SATAe ATX Motherboard - Black
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor - 3.2GHz/3.4GHz Summit Ridge
    RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3600 MHz XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black
    Hard Disk: WD Black 4 TB SATA Hard Drives ( WD4003FZEX )
    Last edited by peterwise; December 30th, 2019 at 08:14 PM.

After updating my purchased (very elegant) ASB crossover assets from Boat stopped working correctly (used Interlocking towers but so clunky), graphics much slower to update landscape and i preferred the older menu in driver. Have re-installed and won't be updating again! Very disappointed.

Taff Vale Rail