Trainz Plus 2019 Update 3 105100 is now LIVE

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
All Trainz Plus users can now update to the latest version of Trainz. (i.e. Gold Class and Trainz Plus members)

This update introduces the Content Store downloader

The Content Store Downloader feature provides a new way for you to purchase, install, and manage your DLC packs in Trainz. You will now be able to manage your DLC packs more easily than ever before.
You can install new DLC packs by simply following these steps:

• Click on Content Store on the Trainz launcher window
  • Select "Purchased" to show the items you already have access to
  • Use the ‘Search’ tools at the top right to search or filter the list
  • Click on Install next to the DLC pack you wish to install (or update, or uninstall)
Of course you can also browse through all the available DLC items, and purchase your favorites from the Trainz Store.

Updates are available from these builds using the "Trainz Plus" stream on your Trainz Launcher:
(PC) 103369 to 105100
(PC) 105096 to 105100
(Mac) 103368 to 105113
(Mac) 104884 to 105113

Note that 105096 is the official "TRS19 SP1" release. We'll be publishing a more detailed note on the differences, but Content Store is the most obvious feature in 105100 that is not in 105096.

If you have a build that is not on the list, then patch using the "Trainz Plus Beta" stream to the nearest number in the list, then switch over to "Trainz Plus" stream.

Last edited:
Hi gigerosa - updated the post and re-added 104635 to the "Trainz Plus beta" stream to get you to 104884.

Thank you for the update. I like the smooth scrolling in content manager and in the menu's of the game. However, I would like an option to turn off this warning message permanently:

This new update completely crashes my game. When I open TRS19 the game crashes immediately as it tries to load the environment. Furthermore, in the content store it says a number of items need updating but when I tried updating one of them, I got the unexpected build error.

Update to build 105100 was very fast and went smoothly.

Thanks to the team for the great work you are doing and making TRS19 the best version yet.

Have a great holiday season.

My TRS19 just updated to latest version and now I can't "Manage Content" or Create Picklist or locate the Picklist I already created. Can someone help?

My TRS19 just updated to latest version and now I can't "Manage Content"

You don't say why you can't Manage Content. The button is where it always was on the Launcher. Make sure you have your username in the game and that you have started the game prior to trying to download anything.

[Can't] Create Picklist or locate the Picklist I already created.

Have you renamed your install or moved it? Has your local userdata folder changed? If so, point this build to your original userdata folder.

If not, provide a screenshot of the issue and we'll see if we can help.

Hi there,

With Platium and Plus being very close in regards to features, can I ask what the main benefits are for being a Plus member? In other words, what extra features are there that Platium doesn't have at the moment?

Trains Plus update to 105100 went well. Thanks for all the work that has gone into it.

One issue that I am having:
Whenever I use Content Store to update anything I get a message which reads: 'One or more of the installed packages were at an unexpected build version for resource xxx' where xxx refers tot the particular download.
Is there something I can do to resolve this?

Whenever I use Content Store to update anything I get a message which reads: 'One or more of the installed packages were at an unexpected build version for resource xxx' where xxx refers tot the particular download.

If memory serves me that error is known and being worked on by N3V. Check and see if the item has been installed. If that is the msg I remember then the item was installed and works fine. Though it's an irritant having buttons that say "error."

Trains Plus update to 105100 went well. Thanks for all the work that has gone into it.

One issue that I am having:

This indicates a configuration error on our end but does not necessarily translate to a problem on your end. Please continue to report this kind of error, with specifics of the product that triggered the error, but don’t stress about it if you’re not seeing any problems resulting from it.

chris

I got a similar download error for an update to Settle and Carlisle (SC379). Can't tell if it updated correctly or not since there are several SnC routes. None have an installation date of today so I assume it didn't work. Bug report submitted.

It seems to me that the speed of download from the content store is a bit slow.

Case in point: JR Rolling Stock Pack (TRS19).

The status line for this download is reporting nnnMB/529MB(mm) minutes remaining.

I'm observing that it's taking about 4 seconds (per my stopwatch) to download a megabyte.

But Windows 10 Resource Monitor is showing TRS19.exe was receiving 400,000 bytes/sec at this time which would work out to 2.5 seconds per megabyte.

Is the download format filled with huge headers that constitute 30% of the downloaded data?

Or is Resource Monitor reporting Phy Level bytes received instead of payload bytes received for each process?

The download portion of the install just finished and its showing 122 minutes remaining for the remainder of the install - which finished in less time than it took to type this sentence...

FWIW...

HF

Last edited:
Back