Trainz Plus 2019 Update 3 105100 is now LIVE

Yes, me too!

Paul

Is this related to the DLC download problem?

If so, I've had a little chat with N3V QA who gave some me some hints.

1. It seems to me that the DLC "Additional TANE Assets for TRS19" SC491 is the first DLC you need to get error free since a bunch of other DLC appear to depend on it.
2. Sometimes, but not always, you can correct an installation with a retry.
3. If that doesn't work then uninstall it and remove any folders with the same id - i.e. SC491 in the userdata\packages folder. The DLC id can be found in the Details panel for the DLC item.
4. The uninstall process takes a long time and the progress slider doesn't work. It can take 10 minutes or so although I haven't timed it.
5. Reinstall the DLC and it "should" be OK. No guarantees.

Warning: Be careful when opening the Details panel. It's very easy to click on Uninstall and there is no warning or confirmation required. Ask me how I know. :eek:

QA said this in my final exchange after I suggested the report could be closed:

Thanks for the follow up. I'm going to leave the task open for the team because I sometimes see this resource "error" with DLC packages that do not seem to be impacting the actual installation.
It may be that some expected resources have been renamed or the path on the server was changed and something elsewhere wasn't updated (or excluded). So the game may think something is amiss because it's looking at a legacy path\resource. It would be best if looked into by one of our server admins. I also opened a ticket via the Helpdesk where our Account Admins work, they may have a bit more insight.

I can't export CDP. Problem with Trainz Mac Plus (build 105113) or Catalina operating system (10.15.2) ?

"The save file operation failed
The save file operation failed to connect to the open and save panel service"

Removed the image inside quotation to save diskspace!

Yes, me too. But the texture 'rebuild' lasts only 5 to 7 seconds here. FYI, I'm using: Intel i7 6800 4 GHz CPU, 32 GB DDR4 RAM and a NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU. Seems this HW configuration doesn't suit for this update. Didn't fiddle around with SW settings, let them as they were.
[From the 'TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE' thread - see below]

I have been experiencing terrible lag with trains lurching along in spurts even though FPS was still not that low. This didn't happen before in TRS19 on my (own) route. I thought that maybe it was something new in my setup like adding progressive track.

I have an RTX 2080 GPU and 16GB RAM, which it used up in seconds flat. Before I changed the pagefile/virtual (RAM) memory to AUTO it ran through the 16 GB and crashed. Now it just limps along. I tried setting the visual performance settings lower and barely any change. It's like the whole route was loaded into RAM/pagefile and now is now having to roll of bits into pagefile and back all the time. Certainly something is now creating a bottleneck. I have not tried the TrainzUtil prebuild command and was not using the Developer settings.

For reference my system specs are below. I'm have the TRS19 data on SSD2 & TRS19 program on SSD1. TRS19 build 105100 (Trainz Plus). I am putting this on the 'Trainz Plus Update 3 is now LIVE' as well as the 'TRS19 SP1 Now LIVE' thread for information.

Peter.

--

SYSTEM
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING OC WHITE 8G
SSD1: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
SSD2: 2nd SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD SATA
Mobo: AX370-Gaming K3 (rev 1) - Gigabyte AX370-GAMING K3 AMD X370 S AM4 DDR4 SATAe ATX Motherboard - Black
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor - 3.2GHz/3.4GHz Summit Ridge
RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3600 MHz XMP 2.0 High Performance Desktop Memory Kit - Black
Hard Disk: WD Black 4 TB SATA Hard Drives ( WD4003FZEX )

Last edited:
After updating my purchased (very elegant) ASB crossover assets from Boat stopped working correctly (used Interlocking towers but so clunky), graphics much slower to update landscape and i preferred the older menu in driver. Have re-installed and won't be updating again! Very disappointed.

Taff Vale Rail

I am having same problem, I tried to update Coal country. Then it says view error. One or more installed packages were at an unexpected build version for resource ' simc:sc444.' You cant change locos in the open screen, and there is other stuff in the locos list like , airplanes and other stuff. Come on dont you look at this stuff before you send it out?

I am having same problem, I tried to update Coal country. Then it says view error. One or more installed packages were at an unexpected build version for resource ' simc:sc444.' You cant change locos in the open screen, and there is other stuff in the locos list like , airplanes and other stuff. Come on dont you look at this stuff before you send it out?

- The install error has been there for a long time. Most of the time the install is fine. On some when I click install again the button changes to "Uninstall" like it should.

- When you say you can't change loco in the open screen. Do you mean the smaller splash screen at first launch of game? That screen is non-changeable as it is controlled by N3V. For example, when I got PLUS the screen screen changed from "TRS19" to "TRS19+" - If you mean the main game screen it is changed by selecting an item and making it your "Quick Drive" item on the "my items" screen (see "favorite" icon top right of screen)

- As for other stuff like airplanes. Those are trains. If you look at assets they are a train asset. Planes and boats run on invisible rails. They may look like a plane or a boat or a car or a 4 wheeler but if they are made like a loco/train then they are a train.

- As for "don't you look at this stuff before you send it out" - You can follow the beta threads to see what is being said by the beta testers.

The error is on the server end and is due to the database referring to a different version than is available. It has nothing to do with the actual download. Tony mentioned this somewhere awhile ago. It's on the list of things to fix.

I have had nothing but problems with this. Interlocking assignments no longer work(Built in), the display panel for iportal works until you switch to surveyor then when you switch back to driver the panel is gone. I put in a ticket for my steam routes because they dint show up in game. On and on and on. So I removed everything and reinstalled TRS19 steam addition. PLUS is on my steam account now and I cant get rid of it.

This is the 2019 q3 (build 105100) update thread - not sure if you picked the right one?
Please contact helpdesk to sort out any Steam/DLC issues.

Back