Trainz Plus Release Candidate 105100 is now available

These appear in the Developer log when first loading at the route/content selection menu.

- <NULL> GetUTF8Char> Bad UTF8 char encountered 146.
? <NULL> IHTMLBox::RenderPage> http://
? <NULL> IHTMLBox::RenderPage> http://

I've checked around, but I must be missing something because I can't find what this character is.

It seems to me that a bug has returned.

The payware
RGW Class 21S/D&RG Class 145

(https://trainz-forge.com/products/rgw-class-21sdrg-class-145) by trainboi1 and the correspondending passenger cars are disappearing totally after around 200 meters.

I remember that some locomotives by edh6 had the same problems and as far as I remember, both, edh6 and N3V made a new version, edh6 of his locomotives and N3V of TRS2019.

I think, that I have bought the TRS2019 version of this rolling stock. Here is one kuid of this rollingstock: kuid:648132:100642

Has anyone, owning this rollingstock, the same problem?

Thank you very much for your answers in advance.

Edit: I found a workaround. I changed the distance in the config.txt from "100" to "800", that is the line "mesh-table-lod-transition-distances 800".

Regards
Swordfish

Last edited:
I don't know what it is either John, but it's bad ;)

The 200m issue is a content configuration issue (basically the object is set to cull at 200m and the game is doing what it is told to. (One of those cases where fixing a bug has unintended consequences.

I'd like to once again thank all our beta testers for their efforts over the past few months in getting this release ready.

While we could spend more time making things better prior to release, if we fixed everything we'd never get released.

So we've made the call that the features and benefits far outweigh the few remaining known issues, so this RC is now LIVE.

We've also got some other big news just around the corner so don't go anywhere!

Tony,
What stream should I use to update my normal, non beta, version? I have 11 streams available including a couple of platinum versions. I'm a Trainz Plus (Gold) member.

I have the beta installed but without all the DLS so I'd rather update my regular installation.

First time running on the "ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh" in this build and...

DEOLX.jpg

qymQd.jpg

gryvW.jpg

Last edited:
Now, the "Healesville - 1913-1920" route. Passed thru three gates, all with the same issue:

JmJ9J.jpg

Ouch! I suggest a competition: who will find the more bugs? Before evrything collapse...

The problem appears to be related not being set. I didn't take a look at this route, but I had the same issue on one of my own. Setting the spline points on the end by clicking on them with the height adjustment tool straightened out the bridge and raised up the road above the tracks like it should be.

And the following one is: "Mojave Sub Division". Level crossings don't work (lights don't flash and barriers stay up).

The problem appears to be related not being set. I didn't take a look at this route, but I had the same issue on one of my own. Setting the spline points on the end by clicking on them with the height adjustment tool straightened out the bridge and raised up the road above the tracks like it should be.

It's the first time I run it in TRS19, but all these issues don't exist in T:ANE SP4.

Ouch! I suggest a competition: who will find the more bugs? Before evrything collapse...

I haven't mentioned the swing bridge with track across the opening or the large boat which it clobbers the bow of when opened!

Has the mouse control changed?

For me, Trainz "feels" different than before.

I use the keyboard to navigate the compass on the map and the mouse to look around,
after upgrading (from TRS 2019 to TRS 2019 Platinum 105100), the mouse movement seems to be much faster and inverted when moving the view.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I use the keyboard to navigate the compass on the map and the mouse to look around,
after upgrading (from TRS 2019 to TRS 2019 Platinum 105100), the mouse movement seems to be much faster and inverted when moving the view.

The mouse is more 'spiffy', but not inverted for me. I had to slow it down.

There are a few changes to mouse behaviour. I don't think any of them will cause inversion; that's more likely just a setting that you need to change in your in-game settings. Yell if you're unable to figure it out and we'll chase it up. The biggest practical change on our end is that we've fixed a bug which could cause some mouse movement events to be suppressed on some hardware. This may make the mouse feel more responsive or more precise.

chris

The mouse is more 'spiffy', but not inverted for me. I had to slow it down.

But how can I do it so it just affects Trainz? I did not find a setting for that.

There are a few changes to mouse behaviour. I don't think any of them will cause inversion; that's more likely just a setting that you need to change in your in-game settings. Yell if you're unable to figure it out and we'll chase it up. The biggest practical change on our end is that we've fixed a bug which could cause some mouse movement events to be suppressed on some hardware. This may make the mouse feel more responsive or more precise.
As said, I use the mouse to look around in Driver and Surveyor, and it feels like it is inverted, at least in Cab view. But i'll try again.
Maybe there could be a setting for mouse sensitivity in the control settings... before it felt smoother.

Back