Trainz Plus Release Candidate 105100 is now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Trainz Plus Release Candidate 105100 is now available for final testing. There is a two step update from 104885 via the Trainz Plus Beta stream.

Mac version to follow.

Installing now. At least it isn't 0200 up here. I'll have time today to do some testing :)

Any chance of getting us a list of fixes and known issues?

Installed OK and tested a few sessions in Roy's CPR routes without problems.
Content Store updates for Frecciarossa and SebinoLake still resulted in the infamous
View Error "unexpected build version" message.

"Content Store" button still flashing yellow at each game start but nothing new inside.

Installed OK. I have tested about 5 of my routes and so far so good. Also tested several of the built in routes and found no problems.

I usually wait until the final release of patches so I haven't installed this update.

But from other reports see, for example, Post #36 and 37 here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-layout-The-Mann-Phrom-Laramee-Railroad/page3

and here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?155913-Load-unload-mode

it seems that the easy method of loading and unloading freight cars has changed. It now requires jumping into Surveyor.

Would it be possible to include an "Edit Rains" in the top left of the screen when in Driver, similar to or identical to the method I've used in all my TRS19 sessions, thus:

Phil

Last edited:
it seems that the easy method of loading and unloading freight cars has changed. It now requires jumping into Surveyor.
>>

Perhaps I am missing something (please advise).

Edit trains opened the Train tab window that allows you to edit properties.

Clicking on Switch to Surveyor
(or Ctrl-F1) allows you to open the Train tab window (F7) that allows you to edit properties (P).
It looks like an extra click is all that is involved (or one extra hotkey).

I see that in the latest Plus Beta 105100 the load/unload animation now occurs as is did in Edit Trains. That is, it occurs in Surveyor as soon as you make the load or unload.

Last edited:
Hi Tony.

Thanks. I'll take that as a "no".

Which is a pity because you would be surprised at the number of people who find the "easy" way to complex.

Phil

I still don't follow how one extra step is such a concern. Anyone who can load using Edit Trains > Train tab can load using Switch to Surveyor > Edit Train tab.

There are so many additional benefits having access to all the surveyor tools, the environment tab, session rules...

Downloaded and installed without any problems.

Just an observation from my own Route I'm working on

Can the color of the spline ends for track be changed to a different color than than Yellow
Would make it a lot easier if Centenary is also in use or other spline objects close to the track as to what is what

Dave

I still don't follow how one extra step is such a concern. Anyone who can load using Edit Trains > Train tab can load using Switch to Surveyor > Edit Train tab.

There are so many additional benefits having access to all the surveyor tools, the environment tab, session rules...

Tony:
This is what I run into when using F1 to enter surveyor to load or unload traincars: Use F1 to open surveyor, then click on train tab. Click on ? and add or remove load from traincar. Use F2 to return to driver and then attempt to save session. Now this is when it gets tricky. My previous session that I saved having not ever used F1 to change anything looks like this (with xxxx being the session name): xxxx-17-12-2019, 17.36. However, if you use F1 and F2 to change a load in a traincar and try to save the session you get this for your save name: xxxx-14:12, 17/12/2019-00:00:17 which is entirely different from all my other session saves, and I sometimes get a CTD when I do it that way. It messes up the order in which your session saves are logged. My question is, why does using F1 and F2 change how the session name-date-time format is shown? I would think the save would list the session save name and date exactly how it did when you originally did the first save.

Compromise?
Have an Edit Trains menu item as before but it is no more than a "shortcut" that opens the Trainz tab in Surveyor AND ensures the "Limit Contextual Information" is active (for those like me who had no idea the option was even there.) Seeing all those splines just to load a car really ruins any "driver" experience, even if you do have a good imagination. And it would be handy for all the other things like placing a loco, consist, etc. Thus, programmers (coders?) don't have to fiddle with UDS other than putting in the "shortcut."

BN1970 - it sounds like you are loading a "Saved Game" rather than a Saved Session. Saved games cannot be edited, but can be loaded and resaved (which sounds like the workflow you are used to).

Now you save a "Session" rather than the limited data of a "saved game". The format used to name Sessions is "<session name> - <date/time stamp>". You can override this name of course.

You are also presented with a list of the saved sessions, so you can choose to overwrite one, or create a new name.

Regarding order, are you saying this format isn't sorting as expected? Or that the first part of the name isn't what you want (You can rename the session prior to saving, then it will provide a timestamp on the end of your session name.

Update: I've discovered there is a bug with the time display in certain configurations. We're looking into it further.
(One known issue is that if you Edit Session, there is a different time stamp format than if you start your session using Drive Session, which produces the "correct" format).

Any crash is unlikely to be to do with the naming, so if you're able to reproduce anything please provide details.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Compromise?
Have an Edit Trains menu item as before but it is no more than a "shortcut" that opens the Trainz tab in Surveyor AND ensures the "Limit Contextual Information" is active (for those like me who had no idea the option was even there.) Seeing all those splines just to load a car really ruins any "driver" experience, even if you do have a good imagination. And it would be handy for all the other things like placing a loco, consist, etc. Thus, programmers (coders?) don't have to fiddle with UDS other than putting in the "shortcut."

What you're really after is a way to load cars directly in Driver. The way you're doing it is not what that system was designed for. (In fact, it was specifically not allowed originally to avoid "cheating the system" by loading manually rather than driving to your destination to get the goods).

As with all these things, we'll take on board the feedback and determine the best option(s).

Tony --

I discovered the "cheat" for loading and unloading freight cars in Driver in one of the T:ANE Service Packs. I thought it was one of the most significant improvements ever in Trainz. I saw it as a way of handing off to Chuck & Joe, acting as Load Masters, the whole process of loading and unloading commodities, rather than me go through the incredibly time consuming process of configuring interactive industries and freight cars in sessions, and then testing the whole damn thing.

And, of course, it meant that interactive industries, as such, became redundant. Freight cars can be loaded and unloaded anywhere. You can only imagine the freedom this gives.

I was pleased the feature was carried over into TRS19. Now you are telling us it was the unintended consequence of something else? Silly me for thinking it was a very creative and deliberate addition to the simulation to improve sessions!

Pray hasten to assure us it will be retained in its present format.

Phil

Back