TRS19 SP1 Release Candidate 105096

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
TRS19 SP1 Beta 104930 to TRS19 SP1 Beta (RC) 105096 is now available on the TRS19 Beta patch stream

We expect this will be the final release candidate. It has updates to Multiplayer disconnection and lag issues, and fixes for a few other recently reported issues.

Please put this build through a good test to see if there is any reason it cannot be released to all TRS19 owners.

Downloaded (20Mb patch) and installed without issues. All settings and preferences retained.
5 minutes spent doing a prebuild of >30K assets in Trainzutil - 56 seconds on initial DBR.
Even so, the opening screen after clicking on 'Start Trainz' from Launcher took a while to build and each new scene in a freshly-opened session showed brief a 'compiling shaders' message on first run.
All looks and runs well, however, apart from the persistent issue of a vertical drop (or rise) in PoV when switching from camera 2 to 4 (and vice versa) in external camera views.

hi,

Why not "Edit Trains" in Toolmenue? Cant find in 104930 too...
got find object only...

How to Edit Trains in Drivermode?

regards

Ern

SpalterBockerl - During any session in Driver Mode, switch to External roaming camera view (4) and bring down the 'Edit Trains...' dialog from the Tools menu.
Certainly present in my version 105096.

It appears that translation is missing in Czech.
Tools menu - 2nd option
Hotkey = Ctrl-F2

Is it ok to download and install the update to Midwestern Branch now?

No - if we updated it now, then it would break for everyone else. Currently it is broken for our beta testers only. (Which is a small % of the total).

Although we try our best not to release anything completely broken, it does happen from time to time. This is a good example of the benefits of keeping backups so that you can revert things to the previous version.

I recently loaded it and no issues. However, it is an older route with all billboard trees, and there are lots of them. Almost every variety of the CL series is in the route. Each specie has to be replaced individually unless billboards are acceptable.. I went ahead and did it. I live in W. PA, not far from Ohio, and it is quite close visually. Once the trees are fixed.

Coming in at tail end of this beta stream but could users possibly be confused about "missing" "Edit Trains" because this updates to Trains Plus? (was previous version a Trains Plus version?) I've been on Plus beta stream but not TRS19 stream. Just set that up and updated and I see 105096 produces a Trainz Plus install.

No - if we updated it now, then it would break for everyone else. Currently it is broken for our beta testers only. (Which is a small % of the total).

Although we try our best not to release anything completely broken, it does happen from time to time. This is a good example of the benefits of keeping backups so that you can revert things to the previous version.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Is this not going to be fixed for the final patch? You said this is likely the final release candidate, so shouldn't we be testing this to see if it's working properly now?

I see 105096 produces a Trainz Plus install.
>>
Your username and membership status determines which build features/logo you have. So this version is TRS19 SP1 and is also a Trainz Plus build.

Is this not going to be fixed for the final patch?
>>
It's fixed internally (the nav display rule has been updated). We'll be releasing the updated DLC in the next day or so.

1611mac - I assume you are patching using TRS19 Beta?

Fyi, there is a new Trainz Plus release candidate 105100 and there will be a patch from 105096 to 105100 later today to get you onto the latest TRS+ stream.

Hi Tony..
Yes, I'm updating all over the place! - I have a TRS beta, Plus, and Plus beta install. But my confusion started this morning when it appeared that some people with the SPC1 beta had plus and some apparently didn't. Your statement above
Your username and membership status determines which build features/logo you have. So this version is TRS19 SP1 and is also a Trainz Plus build.
totally surprised me. I assumed only Plus beta would see Plus features, but sounds like it's based on membership too.

I'm just gonna keep quiet and let this whole process resolve.

Yes, I'm updating all over the place! - I have a TRS beta, Plus, and Plus beta install. But my confusion started this morning when it appeared that some people with the SPC1 beta had plus and some apparently didn't. <snip> I assumed only Plus beta would see Plus features, but sounds like it's based on membership too.

Not new. This happened with one of the earlier beta builds - both TRS19 SP1 (non-plus) beta and Trainz Plus beta had the same build number. It caused a bit of confusion as people who quoted build numbers in their posts were wondering why some had features others did not.

Not new. This happened with one of the earlier beta builds - both TRS19 SP1 (non-plus) beta and Trainz Plus beta had the same build number. It caused a bit of confusion as people who quoted build numbers in their posts were wondering why some had features others did not.

I honest don't know how N3V keeps track of all the builds and all the features, changes, fixes, in each... That's got to be a nightmare.

I don't know either.

On another matter while testing the new (non-Plus) build, I came across the following minor but annoying "cosmetic" issue that was not present in the last retail release (100240).

Using the Decoupling Icon on the bottom toolbar produces the following expected result.

decouple02.png

The second red coupler icon is selected with the following result.

decouple03.png

The loco and single wagon are then moved forward to complete the decoupling process with the following unexpected result.

decouple04.png

The "ghost" coupler icons do not disappear.

I have tried this on a number of full routes with the same result.

Is it a "bug" or a "new" feature?

Are you sure you haven't clicked on the coupler icon again? The icons disappear on uncoupling here and highlight when you click the couple icon on the HUD.

Back