Howdo you put TS6,TS9,TS12,TS19 into one computer????

robynne

Hi All, Could someone tell me how to put more than one Trainz game into my computer without any conflict occurring..When putting a game into the computer it goes automatically to C:drive under N3V.games, but where will any other game go to ,into the same folder??Do you put the next game into a new named folder.Thanks for anybodys help.cheers.Robynne..........

Change the C drive to another location unless it is very large. Trainz will take a very large amount of drive space very quickly and may cause problems if it is to full.

It is a very good idea to have at least a 1 Tb hard drive kept exclusively for Trainz installations. Definitely not a good idea to install on the C: drive and definitely not in the programs folders.

The best way is to have a separate external hard drive for each Trainz version, as when you launch the CM in one version, it opens the CM in an undesired version, even if you click on the specific versions CM.exe file, it will still open another unrelated Trainz versions CM.exe.

You could just cylindrical filing cabinet the whole TS09 Trainz version, as it is a rushed out pre-TS10 version, and TS10 is just another rushed out TS12 Trainz version, and TS12 runs like a wet shaggy dog in the thick mud.

However 12 is useful for importing 06 routes into higher Trainz versions.

TRS2006 is a very good program, that is very user friendly, and the Surveyor is so easy to use that even a chimp could lay track.

Last edited:
I use a 1TB SSD as my D drive exclusively for Trainz and have TS12, TANE and TRS2019 on it and it is about 56% full at the moment. Depending on how big your contents folders are, you could probably get all your versions on a 1TB drive.

I have TC3, TS2009, TS2010, TS2012, TANE and TS2019 on a 10,000 rpm 1Tb server grade hard drive and don't have any problems with them coexisting together and I haven't run out of disc space yet.

And yes I know some of the older version have their faults MP242, but the latest two haven't been exactly sparkling in their reputation either. When I first started with Trainz I built all manner of large layouts in TS2009 and had a huge amount of fun doing it. Later on Trainz folk told me much the same as you about TS2009 being 'rushed out', but I can't say that I particularly noticed anything dire when I was using it.

... when you launch the CM in one version, it opens the CM in an undesired version, even if you click on the specific versions CM.exe file, it will still open another unrelated Trainz versions CM.exe.

No it doesn't. You must have a very mixed up installation if that is happening to you. I have 6 versions installed and they all open CM for the correct version, whether from within the launcher or as a separate application.

However, as Windows only allows one association per file type, double-clicking a .cdp file will open one particular version of CM.

Wow, this drive, that drive, what drive?

Here is a pic I took showing off every single Trainz game back in 2016. all where installed on the C drive at the time.
If you want to know what games where installed, all that I have on my timeline except Trainz Driver (Andriod), TRS19 (duh), and Trainz Driver NA Edition
11B80871E5E8BB83D932DD478A1AB40F9CCCADE4

Cheers

Back