Yellow Signal Causing Slowdown?

boleyd

3/4 of a mile from the train there is a yellow signal followed by a red. Neither is valid - only one train on track. However, when the train approaches the yellow it goes green and the red also goes green. No harm/no foul. But, the train spent 3/4 of an mile at half speed for no reason. Seems a bit odd??:eek: Subsequent signal operated as expected.

I believe I cured my several invalid red signals. They all related to the "next signal not being set properly". I carefully used the straighten tool, and the mouse, to make those signals as nice as possible. The train now runs a 45 minute route with only one false red at a homemade X crossover. Still fiddling with that.

If your AI are being impacted by signals like this, there's a possibility you don't have enough of them, or are missing some distant signals in between the absolute signals. I place signals using the longest consist as a spacer. At each end of the consist, I place some distant signals and when I reach the double to single-track change-over parts, I use absolutes and approach signals. Using this method, I have kept my AI running smoothly over many miles/kilometers of routes.

BUG:

CTD when performing bulk update replace assets on track-objects.

Replacing switch-lever with another causes CTD.

This occurred twice. The first time I thought it was due to Surveying for many hours and then things happened. This time, however, this occurred instantly when done immediately when starting Surveyor.

Replacing assets using a selected area works fine, but a global replacement causes the crash. I just confirmed this.

Last edited:
Probably the wrong thread for that one John ;)

I assume you'll send in a report. Wasn't able to repro here so it is quite likely asset or route specific.

If your AI are being impacted by signals like this, there's a possibility you don't have enough of them, or are missing some distant signals in between the absolute signals. I place signals using the longest consist as a spacer. At each end of the consist, I place some distant signals and when I reach the double to single-track change-over parts, I use absolutes and approach signals. Using this method, I have kept my AI running smoothly over many miles/kilometers of routes.

Yep, I needed more signals. Since I was having signals issues, less seemed logical as I dug my hole deeper. Thanks....

I have had a dialog with N3V Support. The consensus is that the program may set, or delay the release of a signal, in order to properly assess the traffic and conditions elsewhere that may be part of the train's path. From a technical point of view I may need more CPU cores to concurrently support more "threads", or as the elders used to call them, sub-routines. Time to go from 4 cores to 8. Experiments have showed that raw speed is not the answer. Also, I can't ignore the graphics card since more programmers are discovering that it has a real computer soldered to it.

$$$$

Back