A Basemapz quirk?

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
Having fun importing some route JPGs into TMR2017 using Basemapz. There is one thing that is consistent throughout my creations and that is: Every basemap comes out turned 90 degrees from the baseboard(s) created. I had one route that required a 2x6 baseboards. The Basemap stuck out the side of the top 2, with the other 4 hovering over nothing while the four other baseboards below the two top ones were bare. I had to unlock the layer, rotate ALL baseboards by 90 degrees, then piece them together in the right spot on the 2x6 baseboard.

The KUID for the World Origin created by Basemapz is wrong and generated a "missing content" error. If I "delete missing content" before initial save, then it goes away.

Is this normal, or bugs, or what? I'm using the latest version off the website.

Bill

Bill, if I read you post correctly both problems are known problems. The 1st with the baseboards rotated 90 deg I picked up when I 1st tested it - unfortunately that was just after it was released. There is an update to the program on MJmodelers site that fixes it.

Check out this thread in the forums here or you can go directly to his site here and dl the latest copy of the program.

The world origin error is a kuid typo in the config.txt for the route that is generated by the program. IIRC there is an extra 0 in the item number. You can just edit the config's kuid-table in CM. Find and change <kuid:44179:600014> to <kuid:44179:60014>.

Does Surveyor add the "correct" world origin asset back in if you use delete all missing assets approach?

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Bill, if I read you post correctly both problems are known problems. The 1st with the baseboards rotated 90 deg I picked up when I 1st tested it - unfortunately that was just after it was released. There is an update to the program on MJmodelers site that fixes it.

Check out this thread in the forums here or you can go directly to his site here and dl the latest copy of the program.

The world origin error is a kuid typo in the config.txt for the route that is generated by the program. IIRC there is an extra 0 in the item number. You can just edit the config's kuid-table in CM. Find and change <kuid:44179:600014> to <kuid:44179:60014>.

Does Surveyor add the "correct" world origin asset back in if you use delete all missing assets approach?

Bob Pearson

Thanks, Bob. Yes, I downloaded the latest, but for some unknown reason it didn't replace version 0.9.2 when I tried to overwrite it. So I uninstalled it, then reinstalled the latest. Haven't tried it yet as it is dinnertime.

As far as I can see, deleting missing assets works okay. I haven't noticed any glitches other than the forementioned.

Bill

Back