Routes with ts2019

ArtG

Long time user. Just purchased trs 2019. Noticed that I can make changes to the Kickstarter Country 2 route to suit my personal tastes and operating style. The modified route is for my personal use only. My question is am I allowed to do this without offending to original creator of Kickstarter Country 2 route?

thanks
Art

Long time user. Just purchased trs 2019. Noticed that I can make changes to the Kickstarter Country 2 route to suit my personal tastes and operating style. The modified route is for my personal use only. My question is am I allowed to do this without offending to original creator of Kickstarter Country 2 route?

thanks
Art

How would he/she know unless you just told them Art :)
TRS19 has kickstarted my interest in trainz, I have finally moved away from the Pacific Western I have been modifying since '2010.

Thanks for your input. Just surprised I can modified payware in 2019 compared to previous versions

I always check the config.txt file of an asset (route, session, object) to see if the original creator has placed any restrictions or permissions there - usually in a license tag or in the description tag.

If it says may be modified for personal use only then go ahead.

If it says may be modified and redistributed as long as recognition is given to the original creator then you have permission to modify and redistribute (if you wanted to).

It is says nothing then you may modify but not redistribute.

There has been the very rare asset where the original creator has explicitly stated that modifications are not allowed but I do not see how that could be enforced for personal use only.

My (not legally binding) opinions.

Thanks pware. I enjoy playing the kickstarter country 2 route and therefore want to respect the creator. Now I know how to check for restrictions and permissions. Art

You are free to modify any builtin or payware routes and sessions in TRS19.

Redistribution is where things get a little tricky. The best answer is to check with the original creator.

For Kickstarter County, you are permitted (and in fact, encouraged) to share your modified version on the Download Station.

Back