Canadian Rocky Mountains: Beavermouth to Ottertail DLC questions

blue2112

Hi,

I just bought this DLC today (love the route name), and installed in TRS2019. From the download assets pop-up window on TRS19 main window, I can see what I think are the "sessions"(x2), and the route it´s self labeled as "beta", 10 parts for each (sessions- route).

Iam fairly new to all the assets, dependencies logic behind Trainz so please bear with me. On selecting this DLC I notice the broken chain symbol, which I understand as "broken, missing, faulty, open for edit etc" of dependencies and/or assets. While this should not show up on a new updated DLC specific for TRS19, and even worse, labeled "beta" assets is a mystery to me. If it was stated as a beta in the product page, then ok I´ll accept that, but it´s not stated. I can over see that to some point, but the open for edit or wonder what else is there in the content manager, and what your supposed to do with them is more then one would ask/pay for...

Now Iam a flight simmer since 2000, so Iam used to fixing, tweaking and all the things simmers have to go through with addon´s, paid for or not to get things going and working on there sim. From what Iam guessing, Trainz and 3rd party addon´s are no different. I guess Iam not getting away with this norm, but still think at least "we" should not pay to be beat testers.

With that out of the way, and sorry for the rant, but I rather spend my free time simming in Trainz. So now with the questions...

- Beta assets from the assets window in-game. Do I wait till who knows will be updated? Do I have to keep an eye out for when and where these updates will be/found? No info unless I dig for it, which should not be like that i the first place.

- Where will all this beta info be posted/found? Seen a post in the "workshop" thread, but should someone be looking there for a paid for product?

- What do I do with all those assets/dependencies that poped up when I hit the broken chain logo? I downloaded those that showed "update available", but that´s about all. I really don´t want to break anything without knowing "whats" to be done. In other words, should I commit to, or what is there to be done? Some even show there from TS12, so I rather not mess with anything untill someone guides me a bit.

- Should I just wait for the dev to update what have you? How will that be done?

Sorry for the wall of text but, yeah label me as newbi! xD

Aside from all this, the scenario looks real nice and Iam sure it´s gonna be alot of fun, just don´t want to break anything ya know :confused:

Any helps is welcome.

Thank you!

Mike V.

PS, is there no official DLC support thread were all this can be monitored?

Last edited:
Ok mind you I found where I can get help from the dev...

Trainz Plus Beta thread!

I thank myself for that :D

Mike

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what has happened but I would check this article to start: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Install_and_Find_DLC.

If a reinstall doesn't help, then I suggest the best path of action is raising a support ticket through support.trainzportal.com.
Include your build number, screenshots, and any details to explain the steps you have taken so far.

In theory, if the installation was completed, there would be missing assets nor anything saying "beta" (I'm not sure what said beta from your description).

I'm not exactly sure what has happened but I would check this article to start: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Install_and_Find_DLC.

If a reinstall doesn't help, then I suggest the best path of action is raising a support ticket through support.trainzportal.com.
Include your build number, screenshots, and any details to explain the steps you have taken so far.

In theory, if the installation was completed, there would be missing assets nor anything saying "beta" (I'm not sure what said beta from your description).

Thank you for your reply and guidence Tony. I followed the reinstall instructions (so I could get a screen shot of the assets download window) so that the beta would show and attached the screen shot to my support ticket. On stand-by to see what they say.

Again, thank you Tony for your help.

Mike

Tony,

Got a reply from support and instructions, followed and all fix now. For some odd reason it showed as a beta, maybe someone forgot to swap files on the original DLC, who knows. All fixed now...

Thank you.

Mike

Back