Splash Screen

deighton

Seinpaal
Is there any way to change the Splash Screen (I am not sure if that is what you call it), the screen that comes up while waiting for the main menu? I am getting a bit tired of the Rocky Mountaineer picture.

Yes it can be changed, as that image is very, very, annoying, but I usually go out in the kitchen and brew a cup of coffee while it completes.

I also changed my Windows10 screen image, to an "Iceland Ice Cave" image, as Windows10 screen was also totally blindingly annoying !

Last edited:
Well I'm not gonna' ruin his PC, by telling him how to do it, I'll ruin my own PC

You do know this is going to motivate people to just post "it can be solved", "it can be done", "I know the answer" or something similar the next time you post a question, right? :hehe:

edited - It is easy but since it messes with the product logo and name I would never recommend changing it.

Last edited:
I would be leery touching program files like that as much as I too would like a different splash screen. The problem is touching a program file can cause updates to fail due to unknown errors that will require reinstallation and the possibility of losing data.

I love all the replies!!! However, it looks like I am going to be stuck with that screen. Just maybe.....the people at Auran would come up with something!!

Last edited:
It's only a .bmp file so I don't think it will have any effect on the game as long as you make the new one the same size.

Screenshot%20-%2012_10_2019%20%2C%207_02_57%20PM.jpg

I figured out one screen with the BMP file. But how about the screen (same pic) that shows up when you load a route?

Last edited:
I figured out one screen with the BMP file. But how about the screen (same pic) that shows up when you load a route?

Good question. I'll see if I can find that screen.

EDIT: You may have to live with that one. I can't find a separate image and I don't fool with any game files other than .BMPs. As mentioned earlier, that could cause serious problems.

Last edited:
May affect future updates and patches if the md5 hash or whatever N3V use, is different for any files, which if using a different bmp it will be, so keep the original somewhere.

Yes, I have a backup of the original BMP. Still..I think it would enhance the program if we had some choice with this issue. Again, after having looked at that Rocky Mountaineer for many hours.......so I guess I'll do what MP242 does: go somewhere else while it loads the route.

:'(

Things to do while waiting on splash screen to clear:
- Clean monitor screen
- Open another candy bar (keep chocolate fingers off of keyboard)
- Clip fingernails
- Scratch your cat (or dog, or fish) behind the ear. (Dry fingers if fish)
- Wash out socks (phew!)
- Review your "honey do" list so you can enjoy what you are not doing
- Trim those bushy eyebrows
- etc

edit: Attempt at humor only... Things load quickly and nicely for me! I would rather see an old BN SD45 with grime all over it though....:)

Last edited:
Things to do while waiting on splash screen to clear:
- Clean monitor screen
- Open another candy bar (keep chocolate fingers off of keyboard)
- Clip fingernails
- Scratch your cat (or dog, or fish) behind the ear. (Dry fingers if fish)
- Wash out socks (phew!)
- Review your "honey do" list so you can enjoy what you are not doing
- Trim those bushy eyebrows
- etc

edit: Attempt at humor only... Things load quickly and nicely for me! I would rather see an old BN SD45 with grime all over it though....:)

When I load one of the large routes, I indeed have time to do most of the suggested activities! But I am with you: even an old SD45 would be more attractive!!
Thanks for the suggestions! :hehe:

Back