Trainz Plus Beta 104885(PC) & 104884 (Mac) available (PC)

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Trainz Plus Beta 104479 to Trainz Plus Beta 104885 is now available on the Trainz Plus Beta patch stream. (PC)

Mac version to follow.

We're getting very close to the final release version, so please double check on for any serious issues and raise a Trainz Bug Report.

Changelist:

Fix moving and deleting spline tunnels leaving digholes on the map
Fix assertion CXStaticArray: Operator[]> overflow at 4 of 4
Fix duplicate Nav point script errors after "Restart All Rules"
Fix a route/profile save state corruption when editing object layers
Fix script error on loading saved session
Fix crash on loading saved session
Fix Turffx crash
Fix saved game warning
Fix NamedObjectTable assertion(s) triggered from copy&paste
Various fixes for multiplayer hosting
Fix MultiplayerRule script exception when joining MPS sessions with no trains
F5 stops working when Driver Center opened
Further revision to backspace break in Object tab
Fix CTD loading North Yorkshire session
Improvements to ability to control loco from non-loco interiors
More dighole fixes
Fix unwanted Surveyor list refreshes while downloading DLC items
Fix Map view track overlay shows when in lineside view

Last edited:
Thank you, Tony for the update and the list of fixes

I just updated right now really, really quickly too and the DBR is running. Will test and let you know of anything is found.

Hi Tony,

Latest uploads 11/12/19 have now resolved the payware not active issue - thanks N3V.

I am still getting the following payware route "Not Active" in CM, Sessions are ok.
Kuid2:605579:100259:1> Switch Model Railroad Layout

Last edited:
Minor item...
Driver: Industry selection box - selection entry field color same color as panel. It's not apparent there is a field to enter here (especially troublesome for newbies) see below

Also: In Driver: Driver scroll bar is dark - it's not apparent to scroll (at least on my system).

menu.jpg

Installed OK, locked up during rebuilding database after 35 minutes and nothing happening and no disk activity, got stuck on looking for updated assets, closed down TRS19, completed OK on restarting, Win10 1909. Updated OK on second PC, Win 10 Insider 2004 and no problem with the rebuilding Database, took a few minutes, both test installs otherwise OK so far.

Minor item...
Driver: Industry selection box - selection entry field color same color as panel. It's not apparent there is a field to enter here (especially troublesome for newbies) see below

Also: In Driver: Driver scroll bar is dark - it's not apparent to scroll (at least on my system).

menu.jpg

Same here. Need to go back to the colors used in build 104479

My content store is acting up again. This had been fixed in previous version but now gives the "Package installation failed to provide any of the expected packages...." error again as it did 2 versions ago. The item does download and install OK but button shows "View Error"

"Package installation failed to provide any of the expected packages"
>>
Which asset is this trying to download?
Is the package already installed? If so, which KUIDs for the main resources (route/sessions).

I get this problem with build 104885 using the content store.

I download the PRO Trainz ETR 1000 content and then I get the "View Error" message which reads 'One or more packages were at an unexpected build version for resource "simcsc492"

I had previously downloaded this content, which works fine, but have always had this View Error message in previous builds as well as this one.

The content is in the process of being updated. Some of the "live" versions you have (like 492) have a mix of build numbers in the packages which is no longer supported. So the error is "correct" and expected in the use case you are describing. The new packages will resolve the problem (along with the view error for missing precache data).

"Package installation failed to provide any of the expected packages...."
>>
we haven't seen this one, so we need more information on that if anyone can assist.

Hi Tony,

Just so we don't waste our time and bandwidth trying to download packages (re: Updates in the Download Content Box). Are you able to post details as they become available please.

Like early chrissy gifts - getting excited!

We'll do our best.
If an update appears, then something has been updated. How important an update is depends upon the user. Sometimes it is a small fix, sometimes a larger one. If you're bandwidth limited, then I suggest waiting and checking what other people say about the update before deciding if you wantit.

Hello,
My "error" was on "Japan - Model Trainz" - As I said, it did install OK (even thought I received the error) but upon restart this morning Store is offering an "Install" of the route even though it is installed (and working). This route had never been previously installed on my Plus beta setup (data folder). However, previous installs (such as C&O Hinton Div) are offering a proper "Uninstall" button in the Content Store.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more info. If you tell me how to uninstall properly without having the option in the store panel I'd be happy to try again.

Last edited:
Just notice the flashing yellow "Content Store." on splash panel. I found no updates to do but I did find two other buttons with "Error". I don't recall any previous error so I cannot say when these two errors occurred. One is on "Legacy of BN," and again, the route had been working fine. I did a "Retry" on the download and received "One or more of the installed packages were at an unexpected build version for resource 'simcsc444"

The other error is on "Additional TANE Assets for TRS19" and also gives "unexpected build version."

Content Store on splash panel still flashing yellow.

Those appear to be the 3 issues associated with my Content Store.

I do have 2 buttons with no text at all on the button - GN GP9 Phase I II 2 pack and China D38 Schnabel Car "Full Pack" (not the Gray or Red one)

I'm just confused by the Content store with Install options for things that are installed and working and when you left click and view details, it say Installed and version mismatch, if it's working how can it be a mismatch. which is mismatched the Install entry or the one that's installed? It's about as clear as mud to me!

Tony:
So further checking on info (refer to posts above):
I created a new empty data folder. Fired up 104885 and entered my credentials and path to the empty folder. Restarted app. Upon restart Content Store was flashing. Opened store and hit "Download" on Japan Model Trainz. It ran a minute or so then:package installation failed to provide any of the expected packages for the resource simc:45369. Launched app, Japan Model Trainz had been installed without error.

Hit "install" on Shortline Railroad. Route was installed successfully and store button properly has "Uninstall" button.

Hit "install" on Fall Harvest Nebraska. Route was installed successfully with store button properly having "uninstall" button.

EDIT: Also giving ERROR "failed to provide any of the expected packages" was "Franklin Avenue Industrial" and "Brazemore Yard"

Last edited:
ok - I'll see if we can get the Model RR routes updated today to the latest versions to avoid this problem.
The version mismatch is technically an error, but the content should "work" ok.

There's something I don't understand: N3V insisted on driver sessions being saved as real sessions ("Session" in CM), including trains, rules, etc., now in this Build they are saved the old way ("Misc" in CM), including the original session as only dependancy! You should know what you want...

There's something I don't understand: N3V insisted on driver sessions being saved as real sessions ("Session" in CM), including trains, rules, etc., now in this Build they are saved the old way ("Misc" in CM), including the original session as only dependancy! You should know what you want...

I think that the return of the "Driver Session" save is a great idea. Sometimes you just have to admit that the old way was in fact better or at least safer. I am a driver, not a content creator and usually have several different sessions in progress at the same time (each several hours long). More than once I was in a hurry to save and accidentally overwrote the original session by accident. This meant that all the original consist positions were lost and I needed to redo the session trying to remember where everything was supposed to be.

If you really want a true editable session save you just have to switch into Surveyor mode (almost instantaneous) and make the save there.

Glenn

Back