Trainz Plus Beta 104885(PC) & 104884 (Mac) available (PC)

I think that the return of the "Driver Session" save is a great idea. Sometimes you just have to admit that the old way was in fact better or at least safer.

I totally agree with you! When I wrote that I didn't like the new "system", the reply from N3V was: "It's best for you, period."

I am a driver, not a content creator and usually have several different sessions in progress at the same time (each several hours long). More than once I was in a hurry to save and accidentally overwrote the original session by accident.

That's why I suggested that the default choice shouldn't be "Overwrite existing session". Never got any answer!

The "Content Store" button flashes yellow every time I start the game while there is nothing new. Or is it because all the already installed updates still show an "Update" button?

I think that the return of the "Driver Session" save is a great idea. Sometimes you just have to admit that the old way was in fact better or at least safer. I am a driver, not a content creator and usually have several different sessions in progress at the same time (each several hours long). More than once I was in a hurry to save and accidentally overwrote the original session by accident. This meant that all the original consist positions were lost and I needed to redo the session trying to remember where everything was supposed to be.

If you really want a true editable session save you just have to switch into Surveyor mode (almost instantaneous) and make the save there.

Glenn

I agree as well. There's nothing like making an adjustment to a running session and have it overwrite the base session with everything now out of place as the time has transpired and the trains have moved around. That had me rather discouraged and hesitant about using the new live editing. I went as far as to create a CDP of my session so I could restore it in case I messed up.

HPL - I agree with your statement as well. Why are we not prompted about overwriting anything? That's scary from a data standpoint, thus, my reason for a backup CDP as well.

More and more confusing: driver sessions were saved as saved games (old way) on 11 routes, then I just saved another driver session on another route and it saved as... a session (with the pop-up to overwrite existing or create a new one)! So, sometimes (random?) it's a "saved game" and sometimes a "saved session"...

The first 11 routes are: Cattaraugus Creek & Lake Erie 1950s, ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE, Midwestern Branch - TRS19, NS Sandusky District - Stage 1, Roscoe, Snyder & Pacific, Suburbs and Steppes, The Loops, TRS19 Canadian Rocky Mountains Beavermouth to Ottertail, Ultra Mega Route, Welney & Umneth Tramway, Wilson's Mills & Mount Olive

The last route is: Cornish Mainline and Branches (TRS19 version)

If you switch to surveyor after starting a session in driver mode and make even a small change to the session then go back into driver mode and try to save at some point later you don't get the option for a "Driver Save" since you have edited the session. I'm not sure if just moving the camera position counts as a session change in this case.

Just tried the Freight Delivery session from Cornish Mainline ... Started in Driver, moved the loco 5 feet and then chose save. Presented me with the new "Driver Save" option with a date and time.

Glenn

Last edited:
If you switch to surveyor after starting a session in driver mode and make even a small change to the session then go back into driver mode and try to save at some point later you don't get the option for a "Driver Save" since you have edited the session.
I just exeprienced that using the train tab forces to save as a session. Why? Some rolling stock has been moved, the same way if it was just running, the session itself has not been altered. This is really annoying: some saved games will be sessions, some will not! If by mistake a saved session is deleted, all dependant saved games will be too.

Last edited:
Is this suppose to show at every start ?
See post #4

This is a bug-trap, an assertion message, that is inserted in the code so we can report faults that appear in addition to the ones we find. Once the program is finalized, the bug-traps will be removed and the assertion-errors will stop.

Send this image on to the developers and the QA Team to investigate.

In some cases you can actually get an idea of what's causing the error to appear. There are some that are performance-related, meaning that there's a poorly made texture that will impact performance because it loads too slowly. In other cases, specific KUID numbers are present which will indicate which asset is causing the problem.

Back