Trainz2019 - What is its expected life span?

alexl102

Learning... slowly!
Does anyone know how long TRS is expected to last before being replaced? I'm considering upgrading but am very aware that most of the feedback I've heard so far is that it isn't a huge step up from T:ANE in any aspect, and I'm not aware of a significant amount of UK content being available that would make it worth the investment. I'm wondering whether I'd be better off skipping 2019 and just waiting for the next installment.

Would be grateful for any thoughts.

Does anyone know how long TRS is expected to last before being replaced? I'm considering upgrading but am very aware that most of the feedback I've heard so far is that it isn't a huge step up from T:ANE in any aspect,

I had a similar dilemma, however I have been pleasantly surprised by 2019. To be fair most of the stuff I created was in 12 but I have been able to import most of it successfully into 2019. I know that I am probably in the minority but I love the lighting in 2019 and it is infinitely customisable. I was quite late to T:ANE and therefore reluctant to put much into it for fear of a subsequent upgrade and here we are! 2019 runs much more efficiently on my five year old laptop than either 2012 or T:ANE.

and I'm not aware of a significant amount of UK content being available that would make it worth the investment. I'm wondering whether I'd be better off skipping 2019 and just waiting for the next installment.

Would be grateful for any thoughts.

While it is true that there isn't a huge amount, as I said earlier my previous routes imported very well. All of the add ons that I had before seem to be there except strangely the Class 14 shunter loco which has not downloaded. I do miss the Potteries Loop Line though. In terms of content I have downloaded a lot of UK locomotives and a few routes all of which seem to work just fine.

The thing that decided me was that there will always be the next upgrade, if I always waited for the definitive version I would never get anything, that and the fact that I think in terms of creating your own routes Trainz is fairly unique and I would like to see it continue.

Back