Truck Kenworth Primemover seems to have a limit for tight curves: swing very wide!

JonMyrlennBailey

Truck Kenworth Primemover lefthand driver,<kuid2:97008:60262:1> by willem2 is one of several by this author. This truck can be balky at times on the tight turns at the T intersections of YARN 2-lane roads. If the tractor hauling just about any trailer content doesn't swing wide enough, it may get hung up on the turn. Turns that are too tight may cause this vehicle to loose power altogether as if the tractor loses traction in a mud hole. No amount of throttle in either direction can jar the truck loose. The truck won't derail on slow turns: just stop and "spin its wheels" hopelessly, so to speak. It is important to note that I modified the rear bogies (the drive wheels and/or tandem axles) of the Kenworth trucks and the trailers they haul so they don't steer on turns like they shouldn't in the real world anyway. Only the front tires steer. I have invisible track embedded in YARN roads for these rigs to travel upon. It sometimes takes a lot of fiddling with the track to make the turn wide enough to satisfy a balky truck but so the tires don't appear to hang right off the shoulder of the roads. I set the speed for intersection turns at 8 MPH. If the truck stops on a tight curve due to a signal it might be more prone to get "mired" on the turn whether AI or a human drives the truck.

Last edited:
Back