Fade in/out rule

Gary_Evans

Still plays with Trainz
Does Fade in/out work correctly or am I just screwing up as usual? I place a trigger
then under that the order rule and under that a fade out, under that a camera rule and under that
a fade in rule. I set the time at 15 seconds which seems to work because after that time the scene
I want appears but there is no fade away, just a wait for 15 seconds and jump to the new scene.
What am I doing wrong?
Gary

What are the settings you use?

If I remember correctly, one of them is opacity. If you put in the wrong number for that, nothing happens.
Not sure what the range is, so if you have put in a very low number, try 100 and if you tried a high number try 1 instead.

From the Trainz Wiki Session Rules page.

Red percentage: <value> - enter the final % of red (0 = none, 100 = maximum)
Green percentage: <value> - enter the final % of green
Blue percentage: <value> - enter the final % of blue
Alpha percentage (opacity): <value> - enter the final % of opacity (0 = invisible, 100 = solid)
Fading duration: <value> - enter the number of seconds required for the fade. Seconds are Trainz clock time, not real time.

After some extensive testing I can confirm that it does not work in TRS19 SP1 beta 104480.

Bug report submitted.

Thanks Lewisco and pware. I suspected something was wrong when I noted that items in the string table did not appear in the rule. I'm going to test in TANE now.

Thanks again guys. The rule does indeed work in TANE but not TRS 19. On second thought maybe the string table has nothing to do with the problem.

I just received a reply from the N3V QA team. They have been able to reproduce this problem (always a good sign) and have raised a "bug task" for it to be fixed.

Hi all,

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether this was fixed for TRS19/TRS22/Trainz+?

I'm trying to use it in one of my sessions and I can't for the life of me figure out whether it's broken or whether I'm doing something silly when setting it up.

Cheers,

PLP

Hi, it works but the behavior has changed a little in recent years, it now has to be a child of the Activate Cutscene rule.

Well, it will come as no surprise to anyone that I appear to have made a blunder along the way but for the life of me I can't figure it out, so any insight anyone can provide would be appreciated!

The situation is this; upon arrival at the terminus, the player needs to run round. Upon running round the loop, but before coupling to the train, another trigger is activated that should then activate the cutscene/fade 2 minutes later. This trigger is skew
as seen in the below image.

aQNJ65L.png

Does anyone know what I've done wrong? It's probably something really obvious such as indenting the wrong rule but I've tried everything and nothing seems to work!

Cheers,

PLP

A couple of things. Firstly you have described what you expect to happen but not what actually is (or is not) happening.

A few points I would make which may or may not be the answer.

There is no need for the Ordered List Rule since the Activate Cut Scene Rule performs the same task of placing the child rules into an ordered list. This may be the solution to your problem because the Time Check Rule has a warning that it is not to be used as a child of a repeating rule such as a Simultaneous List Rule or the Ordered List Rule. Since the Time Check Rule is a child of the Activate Cut Scene Rule which is a child of the Ordered List Rule then it is also a child of the Ordered List Rule

My suggestions.

Apologies; nothing happens at all so I've obviously missed a step.

I'll give your suggestions a go and let you know how I get on, thanks!

Cheers,

PLP

The train may have already left the 'Skew' trigger before the time check completes. You might need to use the "Wait for child rules to complete even if no trains are present in rule triggers" option in the Trigger Check rule.

In addition to the above suggestion, since nothing is happening at all, I would insert a few "debugging" message popups to help track what is going on.

First one I would place immediately after the Trigger Check Rule at the same indent level as the two Timecheck Rules that follow. Give it a simple message such as "Check Point 1"
Second one I would place after the first Timecheck Rule - "Check Point 2"
Third one after the Activate Cutscene Mode Rule - "Check Point 3"

These will allow you to see if the session logic is entering each branch or not.

Back