Tunnels not completely deleting

big_b

TRS2019 Build 103369

Not sure if it's the tunnels or TRS2019 that's the problem

NOTE : these tunnels are spline objects not track

Having trouble with tunnels with their own dig holes
When deleted the dig hole and raised terrain around the portal remains.
It cant be deleted or removed using undo as well as the raised terrain cannot be adjusted
The only thing is to exit without saving and re start
Have tried a few tunnels with the same result (2:184151:385:2 ) is one

Last edited:
Think that has always been the case. Solution, as you have stated, is to exit the game which clears the memory cache and restart.

Try this, Flatten the area where the holes first.

Second goto Wire Mode View. Using F-9 Key stroke.

This is weird to you, looks very strange, but this is what Wire Mode looks like,,,,,,,And you might enjoy looking and working in this mode sometimes, you'll be surprized at what Assets you find down below your Gridline......LOL

With Wire Mode, your textures disappear, and now you can see below the holes all the way around, except for an Asset like a building.

Now go and look over holes in a top down view........

I present with a picture, because I have gone thru this issue a many time, pulling my hair out, until a kind member showed me how to decide said Rogue Asset.....LOL

Look into the picture, see the Red Circle I drew, now look into the center, see that tiny little square below your Grid, which you probably couldn't see .

Reach down with your mouse pointer and click around that tiny sqaure, using delete, and presto chango, your Dig Hole should delete with your Grid Line forming again.......

This should work for you....

I am familiar with both dig holes and wire mode both I use quite often
Even in wire mode there is no sign of a dig hole marker left to delete it with these tunnels

Try copying and pasting a blank area. Don't select height or textures and only select objects and splines. This will remove any errant things that get left behind or act weird. I was clued on to this after fighting with a bridge I could only partially delete.

Try copying and pasting a blank area. Don't select height or textures and only select objects and splines. This will remove any errant things that get left behind or act weird. I was clued on to this after fighting with a bridge I could only partially delete.

Hi John

I have created a new route 1 board and tried this which also doesn't work .

Looks like every tunnel (spline object not track tunnels ) with a dig hole attached are effected

The biggest problem with this is I've add these tunnels while editing my route accidentally by not checking the move function is selected while jumping between options.
so any work done since the last save is lost.
Could someone on a newer beta build try this to see if it's occurring there as these are going to cause problems

Dave

Dave,

I tried the Kuid you gave in the first post, but it comes up with an asset for Vinnybarb (RIP) Sign No Truck.

<kuid2:184151:352:2> Sign No Truck

If you can provide the proper KUID, I'll gladly test this for you. I haven't run into this issue (yet) with any tunnels I've placed and adjusted.

I'm sorry to hear about the route mess, I hope you have a backup.

Thanks...

This is what I found.

These two assets are splines and not track, although, they have track and track can be attached.

Placing these two assets, causes the lumps and dig-hole holes to remain after the asset is deleted.

Placing a regular track-type tunnel. I chose an old Italian tunnel from Trainz-Italia Galleria 1 - 1 bin con catenaria. This is a ca. TRS2009 asset, (I'm supposing since I've had it at least that long), and it works fine.

So this means:

There's something wrong with the asset, or there's something weird going on with the program. I'm thinking it's the asset, but I want to look a bit further at it.

John

I have tried every ( spline ) tunnel in my cm with dig holes and they all have the same behavior so I think It's the program as there all under different creators.
The only thing they have in common are the dig holes and their not track

John

I have tried every ( spline ) tunnel in my cm with dig holes and they all have the same behavior so I think It's the program as there all under different creators.
The only thing they have in common are the dig holes and their not track

Report it as a bug then. It's weird and occurs also under TRS2019 Plus.

Back