Any tutorial for route decoration e.g. applying ground textures with grass mesh?

tume

Hallo,

eventually I have got time to install TRS2019 and I whatched inside the route "Content Samples #1".

What I saw was very nice. Great looking ground texures including ground cover objects like grass and stones - all seasonal. Well I have bee waiting for several years to see that implemented in Trainz - great Thanks to everybody who uset to be involved!

But what do I need to do to apply these ground textures including the ground cover objects into the route???
When I captured the ground texture to put it to another location, only the ground texture appeared - without the mentioned ground cover objects.

Is there anything special to consider? Or can anyone recommand a tutorial for that?

Thanks In advance.
Your's TUME

Hello,

thank you very much ... that was very helpfull. I did not expect the ground cover to work like this - just a special thing inside the Topology-Tool-Box. But I see the advantages from the way as it is :)

I guess it will require quite a lot of work to get my projects from TANE over to TRS2019 ... well as it always used to be moving a route from version to version :)

Your's TUME

Hello,

thank you very much ... that was very helpfull. I did not expect the ground cover to work like this - just a special thing inside the Topology-Tool-Box. But I see the advantages from the way as it is :)

I guess it will require quite a lot of work to get my projects from TANE over to TRS2019 ... well as it always used to be moving a route from version to version :)

Your's TUME

It does take a bit of experimenting, and there are sadly pitfalls due to how the procedural grass falls on the grid vertices.

Here are my settings which I use for my grass when I've used it. For long medium, and short grass respectively left to right.
Long Grass settings.JPG Medium Grass settings.JPG Short Grass settings.JPG

Thank you very much!!

I already found out some other things. Still I do not really know how that new PBR textures works. But it seems that it creates a strong effect to the ground surface while creating that nice looking 3d effects. Unfortunately this creates problems when PBR textures meets non PBR textures. That means, I probable will have to turn every single assets of my own seasonal ground textures into PBR textures.

Well thats a lot of new stuff :)

Thank you again!!

Back