Lost in Space TANE

sethmcs

I was working on a route when the curser zoomed outward into space until a 110 mile route was reduced to a few inches on my screen. I can't seem to zoom back down to earth. The driver mode seems to work. I would hate to lose a route I have been working on for years. Please Help....

What ever you do, do NOT uninstall/reinstall the game !

I am sure that someone here can help you.

Long time, no see, bud :cool:

First, save it under a new name. Then exit the game and restart and try opening the original. If that fails at least you have a second version saved, but hopefully someone will have a better idea what to do?

Does a recent backup of the route show the same effect?

Do you have this effect also with other routes?

What is the build number of your game?

Does a recent backup of the route show the same effect? Yes
Do you have this effect also with other routes? No. unless its a session of the effected Route
Build 94829 TANE

You are not the only one experimenting this. Maybe I am lucky, but when it happens to me, I close the session. If when I open it the problem persists, I have to forget the session and start a new one. It is a bug and was reported several years ago. Haven't seen it in a route, just a session, surveyor or drive. Be very careful when zooming out: Pass a certain point and the thing goes up in space until you see a very small World. If you select a loco, you go down to earth, but outside view of the cab takes you into space again. Try helpdesk and see if this time they have a solution.

I hit escape and it closes the surveyor session without giving me the benefit of offering to save. No joy whatsoever.

Does the route Surveyor still work OK, (without railcars and loco's) ? Maybe just the route session is at fault, (with railcars and loco's placed) ?

Surveyor does not work. Lost miles up in space. Cannot zoom back down to earth. Interestingly Driver mode works fine. If only I could reset the zoom function.....

Upon further investigation it appears the main screen in surveyor mode is stuck in map mode (looks like mini map even has the mini map choices button in the left hand corner). Mini map still works. I wonder if there is a way to disable map mode. Maybe that will get me back down to earth....

Nice to see you here again!

There are two map-modes now with T:ANE and up which were actually introduced with TS12 SP1 HF4. You can scroll out with the mouse and end up in space, or you could bring up the regular mini-map. I think M-key or CTRL-M.

Does your scroll-wheel work on your mouse?

I know it's a dumb question, but I ran into that problem the other day. The wheel died. It kinda sort of, but not really all the time, worked. I had to press the wheel really hard to get it to click into place and then I could scroll, otherwise, I was out in space somewhere past the milky way, or couldn't move at all.

To zoom in with your keyboard, try the page-up key. This will zoom you in on the keyboard so you don't have to rely on the mouse.

Main screen is in map mode and will not scroll down. Mini map works fine. UP key does not work on main screen. I did place a ticket with the help desk.

You should make a back-up copy of ALL of your route(s) many file(s), and everything else that you can think of, just in case all else should fail

Happened to me also then crashed., upon re starting had the save option and I declined to save changes and it brought me back to original view....

Dave =)

I have a few ideas that may bring surveyor back down to earth.
1) Back up the route as CDP file. Delete and Reinstall.
2) Merge a one baseboard route with the corrupted route. The problem with this is layer names do not match so I need some to point out how to do this safely.

Can anyone point out the pros and cons of doing either of these.....

I have a few ideas that may bring surveyor back down to earth.
1) Back up the route as CDP file. Delete and Reinstall.
2) Merge a one baseboard route with the corrupted route. The problem with this is layer names do not match so I need some to point out how to do this safely.

Can anyone point out the pros and cons of doing either of these.....

1) Backups are a good thing no matter what. We always suggest, recommend, hint, elude to most importantly backup your data.

You'll have to reinstall the route again, oh well. To be honest, I can't see anything wrong here.

2) Merge in a blank nothing in particular blank board. This can and will fix a multitude of "things" like big holes, etc. It's weird, but it does work, sometimes. It's that very technical term "sometimes" that's the gottcha because you go through the effort and it still doesn't do it.

But..., and there's the outside chance it will work.

It's worth a try, what the heck.

For your merging issue, there's that merge box with two parts.

Upper part on the left is an overlapping route. Just like in previous versions, you need to move things around on the import so it doesn't bump. When that tab turns dark and doesn't have the red "!" on it, you can then proceed to the bottom tab.

The lower tab on the left... Open that and you'll see two sides. Left side is route layer; right side is sessions. The conflicting layers need to match.
Highlight route and click. You'll see two routes and session. Highlight the "other" route listed, and then merge the layers.

Once done you can then merge the route.

The process "can take some time", for lack of a technical term", so sit tight as the routes merge together. This time is dependent upon how big the routes are. I've had this take 10 minutes or so and longer.

That sorta worked....

I merged the route and 95% was restored except there is a section of forest thats up in the air and a small section I was working on disappeared in the session layer but is OK in the route layer. At least I am back on the ground. Also my roster of drivers is all jumbled up. I guess thats because a train was deleted in the section that disappeared. Is there any way to delete the session layer that is corrupt and replace it with correct session layer from another route? Or will that just send me up in space?

Back