Official BETA Reporting Process??

boleyd

My reports kick back saying I should use the official Beta Problem Reporting Process. I looked through the known reporting stuff and searched but I can't find an official Beta reporting thread.Wasted my time and N3V's.

Can someone in authority put a link to that form somewhere official? I know it exists but can never find it when I need it as it isn't linked form anywhere...

Does not work.It is a "Bug Report" page. It asks for the build number but when I begin entering a suggested list appears and it goes no higher than 104426. Typing my 104480 and it simply re-asks the question. I do not know what N3V paid for the problem reporting package but they should ask for a refund.

It asks for the build number but when I begin entering a suggested list appears and it goes no higher than 104426. Typing my 104480 and it simply re-asks the question.

Scroll down the list and select "Other" at the bottom. Put your build number in the bug description.

I went directly to Bug Report from the Test Case page (http://www.trainzportal.com/pages/beta-test-center). After looking at the Test Case stuff I went to Bug Report. Same issue there as before - my 104480 build number is rejected. Thus it asks me to repeat the entry. Repeating and same results. Sort of like the Definition for Insanity.

Last Beta I will bite on.

I think I will reinstall 104880 and try again.

Are you attempting to type your build number into the box? I always open its drop down list and select the build number from that or, If the number is not there, I select "other".

Hi Boleyd
All bug reports for beta test or release candidate versions must be submitted through the bug report form at https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu or can be posted in the relevant thread in the beta forum section (ie https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?155481-Trainz-SP1-Beta-104480-(PC)-Now-available for build 104480).

I have tested the bug report form here, and it is correctly listing build 104480 as the second option from the top in the selection list. If you are not seeing it listed, then please try forcing a reload of the page by pressing CTRL + F5 on your keyboard, as it is possible that the list has been cached by your internet browser.

Regards

Successfully reported "bug" - red signal". I forgot to note that the train does resume its travel after 10 seconds to about a minute.

The list of build numbers did not contain my number. I scrolled down and saw declining value numbers and thus assumed a dead-end.

But only my time was wasted. I wonder why coding time was used on the scrolling build number list. Why not ask the reporting customer to simply enter the number and reject(display Other) or acknowledge. Sometimes programmers can't resist dressing up a page.

PS: The list NOW shows the 104880 at the top. 100026 was there before. Isn't there an HTTPS command to clear the page buffer before displaying.....

Last edited:
I wonder why coding time was used on the scrolling build number list. Why not ask the reporting customer to simply enter the number and reject(display Other) or acknowledge. Sometimes programmers can't resist dressing up a page.

The "dressing up" is often for a good reason. Typing a sequence of numbers is not everyone's strong point and if, after several attempts, their efforts are rejected then some simply give up. Better to give them a limited list of choices and let them choose the correct one. Plus it is usually quicker.

Coding time was spent making Trainz better.

Typeform provide the "form" software we use so it is "off the shelf".

If we allow people to type in a number, things get juxtaposed all the time (67354 becomes 67543 etc), so a list is vital.

If it ain't listed, there is an "other category" which isn't that hard (although getting harder due to the longer list, but removing earlier entries invalidates things).

The process provided by TypeForm should extend the list parallel to the first if it cannot be retained on one page. That way the customer can see ALL of the options including the Other. Anyhow, reported and now returning to version 100240 which also has the same false red signals due to a following switch not being set by the AI.

Once again the Trainz series has produced an excellent product in terms of appearance. Reliability and functionality are very close to being "as good as it gets". However, the AI portion has some niggles. In reality TRSnn has achieved a unique marketing position as the best in the market, and given its features, by a decent margin. As such, I have the addiction and am ok, so long as I stay away from the Betas.

There is an old saying in the Navy that a bitching crew is a happy crew. When they are quiet the Captain should worry, for a mutiny is afoot.

I installed a new fresh copy of 104480, traveling thru the many updates.
The result is that I suffer the same false red signals as described in my report. I have tried setting all options on and off with no change.
Updated report.

Last edited:
Back