What Do You Like About TS19 ?

Once I got past the sun going supernova lighting thing my first impression of TS2019 was this was how TS2012 was supposed to be.

I like that you can turn off the animated drivers! :hehe: What I currently don't like is the lack of definition on 10 metre DEM maps textures.:'( It negatively affects the height you can work from in surveyor.
Graeme

Last edited:
I like it so much that I never bother to use it, after playing around for a few hours months ago. I'm still on TANE .sp3 , as there's very little graphic advantages on the Mac in 2019 if you don't have a nvidea card ( the drivers don't work ). Also , I hate the route interface , it's so clunky.

Changing where the local data folder is located is simple. So simple that they put a button on the Launcher > Settings > Install screen for the instructions.

So far the only things that I do not like about TS19:
2) I have changed the image on the TS19 "Launcher" page:
!

Note that if you add/change membership the splash screen (Launcher page) will change and your "personal" image will change. Based upon membership my splash image changed to one that says "Trainz Plus" instead of TRS19. I'm sure this was a simple image replacement by the update stream but one never knows. I'd be careful changing even the simplest of things. Might cause unexpected issues.

3) The lighting seems to shine on one side of the loco, and the other side of the loco is always darker no matter how I alter the environmental settings. But I discovered that If I altered all the World Origin numerals to be that of "0", that of "Null Island", Location of 0 Latitude, 0 Longitude, and the month to that of the middle of June, and that ticking the North, or South, button on World Origin, reversed the lighting shadow to the opposite side of the loco.

Perhaps I need to adjust my Trainz latitude to be on the equator like in: Quito, Ecuador, so that the sun shines straight down, lighting both sides of a loco equally ?

This is correct function for the sun in Trainz, and is a simplified version of the real world (in the real world, the sun's angle to the south depends on the seasons). If the world origin is in the northern hemisphere (and from memory 0 will be northern hemisphere as well), then the sun will shine from a southerly direction. If the world origin is in the southern hemisphere, then the sun will shine from southerly direction.

So if you place your track in an east/west direct, then any train placed on this will be lit from either a north or a south angle.

In regards to the launcher screen, please note that this is not supported. Doing this may prevent future patches from being able to be installed.

For music in the menus in Trainz, this can be disabled by following these steps:
1) Double click on the Trainz icon on your desktop
2) Click on Start Trainz
3) Click on the System Menu button (3 horizontal bars) at the left end of the top toolbar
4) Click on Settings
5) Click on Sound Settings
6) Untick the option for 'Play Sound in Menus'.

For the LocalData folder, this can be moved using the information found here: https://support.trainzportal.com/in...17/moving-or-creating-a-new-local-data-folder

Regards

Last edited:
Regarding post 8. I have been there, almost.....

Actually it was 0DEG-00.0N/S, 11DEG-58.3W

What I like about TS19, Hmmm. Too much to list.

Please change the name of this thread to "What do I like about TRS19?" since you seem to be the only one posting your opinion and even you are complaining.

William

I do like TS19 compared to TMR17, but I do really wish there we more basic industries from the start, downloading them all from CM is a pain.

Back