Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Like About TS19 ?

Default What Do You Like About TS19 ?

TS19, I Like It, I Like It A Lot !

I like the CM, a lot ! It automatically loads almost every single (ancient and newer) asset, without any problems. (I previously thought that TS2006, Trainz Railwayz, SP1, build 3337, trainz-build 2.6, by Merscom, was the absolute cats meow, as the Surveyor was so easy to use that even a chimp could lay track exquisitely, and it's CM worked absolutely flawlessly).

I like that I got TS19 on N3V's sooper dooper sale(s) ! (Also, Thank You JR, RRMods.us, and RRMods.ca, for your equally sooper dooper whopping sales) !

I like all the N3V super sales so much, that I would buy some more today, but I have almost all of them already, (all bought at rock bottom ridiculously insane sooper dooper low, low, low prices) !

I like that TS19 (surprisingly) It even runs on my superiorly low end HP 450-a120, AMD E1-6015 Accelerated Processor, 4GB RAM, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB Disc HD, AMD R2 Graphics, slim tower desktop PC.

(Although once I load a "REAL" high detail route) I will have to break out my (NASA, super high power, liquid nitrogen cooled) HP m8100n, Pavillion, 1GB Disc HD, 8GB RAM, GT430 video card, LiteOff® 300Watt power supply. (which today, commonly sells on EBay for $49 to $89. But I paid $1300 for it 12 years ago, as it was at that time, the most top of the line TV Tuner Gaming PC (lol)

I think TS19 will soon have me shopping for a new high quality $1500 DELL Desktop PC, to replace my 12 y/o HP Desktop. (Dell G5 Gaming Desktop Inspiron 5090I7, 32GB RAM, 2070 video card, 1GB Disc HD, 512GB SSD, 460 Watt PS)

Although I have only barely touched just the very tippy tippy top of the TS19 iceberg, I am certain that it will be the best gorsh dorn thing ever invented, since they sliced, and bagged, white bread !

Last edited by MP242; December 2nd, 2019 at 08:49 PM.
    My apologies to all. I have decided that in these horrible current events, we all need to stick together as a Community

Once I got past the sun going supernova lighting thing my first impression of TS2019 was this was how TS2012 was supposed to be.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

But, that creepy driver, Lilsa, her shifty animated eyes are just absolutely freaking me the heck out ! She's like LampPost Linda on steroids.
    Last edited by MP242; December 2nd, 2019 at 03:59 PM.
    My apologies to all. I have decided that in these horrible current events, we all need to stick together as a Community

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Please don't start threads like this. They always end up locked by the mods.

William

I like that you can turn off the animated drivers! What I currently don't like is the lack of definition on 10 metre DEM maps textures. It negatively affects the height you can work from in surveyor.
    Graeme
    Last edited by grazlash; December 2nd, 2019 at 06:09 PM.

I like it so much that I never bother to use it, after playing around for a few hours months ago. I'm still on TANE .sp3 , as there's very little graphic advantages on the Mac in 2019 if you don't have a nvidea card ( the drivers don't work ). Also , I hate the route interface , it's so clunky.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

TS19 (surprisingly) It even runs on my superiorly low end HP 450-a120, AMD E1-6015 Accelerated Processor, 4GB RAM, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB Disc HD, AMD R2 Graphics, slim tower desktop PC (which has no video card)

So far the only things that I do not like about TS19:

1) The "Backups" and all the other saved files, get sent to My PC/C/Users/AppData/Local/N3V Games/build xxxxxxxx1
    But as I have my TS19 installation on an external Hard Drive, I wish I could have all this directed to be sent to my Hard Drive, instead of being sent to my PC/C/Users/AppData/Local/N3V Games/build xxxxxxxx1

2) I have changed the image on the TS19 "Launcher" page:

But I can not change the "Loading" page, the one with the picture of the Rocky Mountaineer
    And I can not find the music file, in order to turn it off, or to alter it to a song of my own liking.

3) The lighting seems to shine on one side of the loco, and the other side of the loco is always darker no matter how I alter the environmental settings. But I discovered that If I altered all the World Origin numerals to be that of "0", that of "Null Island", Location of 0 Latitude, 0 Longitude, and the month to that of the middle of June, and that ticking the North, or South, button on World Origin, reversed the lighting shadow to the opposite side of the loco.

Perhaps I need to adjust my Trainz latitude to be on the equator like in: Quito, Ecuador, so that the sun shines straight down, lighting both sides of a loco equally ?

Location of 0 Latitude, 0 Longitude
    To be exact, the intersection of zero degrees latitude and zero degrees longitude falls about 380 miles south of Ghana and 670 miles west of Gabon. This location is in the tropical waters of the eastern Atlantic Ocean, in an area called the Gulf of Guinea, and the weather is always extremely hot and humid, with extra large mosquitoes.

Null Island weather buoy is moored at the coordinates Location of 0 Latitude, 0 Longitude, in the Gulf of Guinea at 0°N 0°E. Null Island is a name for the area around the point where the prime meridian and the equator cross, it is located in international waters in the Gulf of Guinea (Atlantic Ocean) off the west African coast.

Null Island is an imaginary island located at 0°N 0°E (hence “Null”) in the South Atlantic Ocean. This point is where the equator meets the prime meridian. ... A “geocoder” converts this address into its location as set of coordinates in latitude and longitude, a format that a GIS understands.

Other than that, "TS19, I like it, I like it a lot" !
    Last edited by MP242; January 13th, 2020 at 05:05 PM.

Changing where the local data folder is located is simple. So simple that they put a button on the Launcher > Settings > Install screen for the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by MP242 View Post
    So far the only things that I do not like about TS19:
    2) I have changed the image on the TS19 "Launcher" page:
    !
    Note that if you add/change membership the splash screen (Launcher page) will change and your "personal" image will change. Based upon membership my splash image changed to one that says "Trainz Plus" instead of TRS19. I'm sure this was a simple image replacement by the update stream but one never knows. I'd be careful changing even the simplest of things. Might cause unexpected issues.
    TRS19 SP1(Plus), 105100(plus), 106618(+beta)
    ASUS B450M-A/CSM, GTX 1060-6 Windforce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MP242 View Post
    3) The lighting seems to shine on one side of the loco, and the other side of the loco is always darker no matter how I alter the environmental settings. But I discovered that If I altered all the World Origin numerals to be that of "0", that of "Null Island", Location of 0 Latitude, 0 Longitude, and the month to that of the middle of June, and that ticking the North, or South, button on World Origin, reversed the lighting shadow to the opposite side of the loco.

Perhaps I need to adjust my Trainz latitude to be on the equator like in: Quito, Ecuador, so that the sun shines straight down, lighting both sides of a loco equally ?

This is correct function for the sun in Trainz, and is a simplified version of the real world (in the real world, the sun's angle to the south depends on the seasons). If the world origin is in the northern hemisphere (and from memory 0 will be northern hemisphere as well), then the sun will shine from a southerly direction. If the world origin is in the southern hemisphere, then the sun will shine from southerly direction.

So if you place your track in an east/west direct, then any train placed on this will be lit from either a north or a south angle.

In regards to the launcher screen, please note that this is not supported. Doing this may prevent future patches from being able to be installed.

For music in the menus in Trainz, this can be disabled by following these steps:
    1) Double click on the Trainz icon on your desktop
    2) Click on Start Trainz
    3) Click on the System Menu button (3 horizontal bars) at the left end of the top toolbar
    4) Click on Settings
    5) Click on Sound Settings
    6) Untick the option for 'Play Sound in Menus'.

For the LocalData folder, this can be moved using the information found here: https://support.trainzportal.com/ind...al-data-folder

Regards
    Last edited by ZecMurphy; January 13th, 2020 at 10:48 PM.
    Zec Murphy

Customer Support Rep
    N3V Games (Auran)

*Please do not use Private Messages for support. Support can only be provided via the helpdesk, or via the forums.

When I altered all the World Origin numerals to ALL be 0, and the season to either July, or January, the sun shines straight down on the top of the loco, and both the northern, and southern, sides of the loco are illuminated equally.

The track 45 degree super elevation works fabulously, and the rocking and rolling along on terrible track condition, is a total gas !

I'm sure that I will learn how to fine tune it down to a dull rocking, and a subtle super elevation angle.

Having lots of fun with TS19

Regarding post 8. I have been there, almost.....

Actually it was 0DEG-00.0N/S, 11DEG-58.3W

What I like about TS19, Hmmm. Too much to list.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

Please change the name of this thread to "What do I like about TRS19?" since you seem to be the only one posting your opinion and even you are complaining.

William

Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    Please change the name of this thread to "What do I like about TRS19?" since you seem to be the only one posting your opinion and even you are complaining.

William
    Maybe if you should post what "YOU" like about TS19, we might like to hear "YOUR" positive input opinion too, in a thread named: "What Do You Like About TRS19 ?" ? So far I really have no big complaints about TS19 I'm having a complete blast with TS19 !
    Quote Originally Posted by maruffijd View Post
    What I like about TS19, Hmmm. Too much to list.
    I like that TS19, is not like TRS2006, as you had too exit driver, exit surveyor, and restart the game, mess around in the Content Manager, rebuild the database, in order to get things into the game, and get them to run. TS19 just gives one the complete versatility of all the old Trainz features, and then some, and this tweaking of lighting intrigues me so much.
    Last edited by MP242; January 14th, 2020 at 12:43 PM.