Route Building

valbridge

Rail Tragic
Hi All,
As my experience with route construction grows I find there is a need for some kind of notation requirement for both a reminder to do something or also as a guide to those who choose to download a route thus discovering some of its intricacies.
I do have the C+ SO limited note asset but would like to see something like a 'sticky note' asset where more than a few words can be placed.

I am sure such an asset would be a welcome addition for route creation.

Does such a notation asset exist in trainz?
Cheers,
Val.

"Instruction Sign" has 12 editable type-in lines, holds just short notetations on each line

Using the C+ gray track signs on BNSF50 Invisable Track you could place many, many and write a paragraph Off to the side of the mainline

Last edited:
Cheers MP242
Sometimes simple answers stare you in the face and yet you are blind to them. Both suggestions taken up and now utilised. Works perfectly for what I wanted.
Many thanks.
Val.

You can make notes with note pad and place it in the routes folder. This can then be copied or printed by anyone who downloads the route. I do this with assets that are on 3rd party sites and also how certain set ups operate. Place a C+ Note on the track with a ref number and use that number in note pad to explain what happens or what to do.

a guide to those who choose to download a route thus discovering some of its intricacies
For that part, I would suggest adding an introduction session to your route (once released), which could also double as a "free drive" base session.

I did exactly that for one of my bigger routes I released. Look up my "Standard12 free drive / intro session" (KUID2:645812:97711:3), found on the DLS. Note that it used to show maps and images, but those no longer seem to work in TANE (and I obviously haven't tested it in TRS19), so now it only shows text.

When building a session, you can add (camera) rules to it which will make the screen focus on certain things in the session, which could heavily support your explanation.

You can make notes with note pad and place it in the routes folder. This can then be copied or printed by anyone who downloads the route. I do this with assets that are on 3rd party sites and also how certain set ups operate. Place a C+ Note on the track with a ref number and use that number in note pad to explain what happens or what to do.

Interesting idea. But how to get the route to start with said c+ note as the focus? Is there a method to doing this? Don't routes normally load in a random manner.

Back