More on False Red Signals

boleyd

I have had red signals appearing with no apparent cause. "Mouse Over" said that a switch was no properly aligned. Clicking on the red signal took me to the mis-aligned switch. Eventually after up-to a minute the program set the switch and the signal turned green whereby the train proceeds. I have the same event on the Beta version and the previous version.

Now on 100240. I am using a copy of the Beta database in this version. All the trees disappeared and GPU usage is 100%. However, the "mis-aligned" switch issue is on both versions. It is as if there is a program delay setting a "to be used next" switch. Apparently I am the only one with this issue. It also, occurred PRIOR to the Beta with the "normal"1001240 database. Changing track, and engines has had no positive effect. Changing signals to Safetran from gantry and no change either.

I have reported issues with signals before where after driving for sometime, you know that technical term "sometime", when the signals remain red for no apparent reason. Pressing pause and then resuming the route, fixes the problem temporarily and so does exiting and returning to the saved session. These drastic moves, however, screw up other dependent threads causing other weirdness to happen. When the route comes back to life after the resurrection from the near death moments, the signals are sometimes black for sometime, that tech term again, or sometimes remain red. The AI drivers will blow through the red signals blindly as though no signal exists with the usual mess that this causes.

When reported, I then provided a route when asked, and the issue was investigated in depth. Apparently we've, or at least I did, uncovered a bug in the threading which was supposed to be addressed at some point, hopefully in a future service pack or hotfix. I haven't driven long enough in Plus to see if this issue has been resolved since then.

Another issue is train direction. If you are using JR signals, a locomotive not facing at the signal, meaning cab-forward, will cause the signals to remain red. This is another issue altogether from what you are stating here, but it is a pitfall to fall into.

Your issue, does some like it's related to mine, because of the slow acting signal and switch change over. Try pressing pause and waiting a second or two then resuming and see if that works.

This thread is much like the proverbial, freeze your leftover wine to keep it, my question is , what is left over wine?.

Same with this thread, red signals to me indicate that thee is a problem further down the line.

I have been recently experiencing this with the patches to TRS2019 SP1.

I always found the problem by examining the track.

- missing junction lever
- track disconnected at tunnel
- missing or not functioning Track Marker

just saying!

I fiddled with the Pause as the train approached a "delaying" red. No change. Turned the engine around to backwards, no change, return to forward, no change.

Tried again and it worked. Continued to work ok, reds turned green in a "timely" fashion at that one set of switches. However it was not a universal event. Elsewhere on the route there were false reds. Lots more testing since there is only a glimmer of hope.

If there was a problem further on, unless it clears by itself, the train should see a constant red and stay in place. In my case in a few seconds, up to a minute, the red is cleared and the train moves on. Missing levers, and other faults should probably not clear themselves.

I spent a few hours trying various things like changing switch levers an dmaking sure signals were in the same track segment as the guarded switch. The only remedy was to remove the signals since they communicate status to the train. The one area that now works, with signals, continues to be trouble free.

Reported problem using 100240 build. Included a CDP of the route.

Last edited:
Back