.
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Re: Serial Number

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States of America, Wisconsin, Wisconsin Rapids
    Posts
    45
     

    Default Re: Serial Number

    I've just downloaded Trainz 2019 off of Steam, where do I find the serial number so I can register the game?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham
    Posts
    2,905
     

    Default

    Tane and TRS19 don't use serial numbers. It uses your login and password to recognize you as a proper owner. It should be the same username you use to log into the Trainz store.

    It can take a day or so for the icon to appear next to your name in the forum. If it doesn't show up then contact the helpdesk.

    If you got the downloader screen the first time you started the game then you are all set.

    William
    Last edited by wreeder; November 29th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United States of America, In Front Of My PC
    Posts
    462
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    Tane and TRS19 don't use serial numbers. It uses your login and password to recognize you as a proper owner. William
    Question: Shouldn't be listed in MyTrainz/serial numbers ?

    It isn't listed in mine.

    This ol' 06 dinosaur, finally took the plunge, and jumped into TS19, without boots on lol, liking it a lot (lial)
    Last edited by MP242; November 29th, 2019 at 04:11 PM.
    My 4325 car RGCX train is 53.24 miles long, and takes 1 hour to pass through town !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill
    Posts
    26,184
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MP242 View Post
    Question: Shouldn't be listed in MyTrainz/serial numbers ?

    It isn't listed in mine.

    This ol' 06 dinosaur, finally took the plunge, and jumped into TS19, without boots on lol, liking it a lot (lial)
    Nope. It's tracked in your MyTrainz account and does not display there or in the game.

    I'm glad you like it. Going there once and you'll never go back.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    2
     

    Default Still not working

    Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Nope. It's tracked in your MyTrainz account and does not display there or in the game.

    I'm glad you like it. Going there once and you'll never go back.
    My account shows TRS 2019 allocated to my account, and I downloaded and installed it, but when I tried to run it for the first time, I got a popup that said "Unable to authorise this product. Please check your MyTrainz account details (previously Planet Auran) in Launcher>Settings>Internet."

    I don't find any menu item called Launcher on my account page or in the menu bar of the program.

    Anyone have any idea what I need to do to get rolling? Thanks!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,992
     

    Default

    rmatthtrainz: The Launcher is the name for the initial dialog (screen) that pops up when you start TRS19.
    Click on the Trainz Settings command button to enter the settings menu. At the top of the Settings dialog in Launcher are several tabs. One tab is called 'Internet', which allows you to enter your User Name (rmatthtrainz) and Password combination to secure authorization.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by PC_Ace; November 29th, 2019 at 10:52 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    2
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PC_Ace View Post
    rmatthtrainz: The Launcher is the name for the initial dialog (screen) that pops up when you start TRS19.
    Click on the Trainz Settings command button to enter the settings menu. At the top of the Settings dialog in Launcher are several tabs. One tab is called 'Internet', which allows you to enter your User Name (rmatthtrainz) and Password combination to secure authorization.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your help. Actually, I finally figured out what "Launcher" was a couple of hours after I posted my help request and got the program started. Just came online now to post that news and found the answer already here. Glad to see the Trainz users community is so willing to help. Thanks again.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham
    Posts
    2,905
     

    Default

    Just a bit of FYI for someone in the future. The Steam install actually asks for the username and password during the install process and provides a link to go and create an account at N3V if you don't have one.

    William

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •