windows mode for multi monitors

tonyg20

Hello and happy holidays to all
as a member of the Trainz community since 2001 I have always hoped for
Trainz to have windows mode for use in multi monitors
I have 5 monitors that I can span Trainz on with no problems
what I can't do is have different views of cab and map and outside etc. etc.
now with flight sims for over 20 years I have used multi montors and
as most people know you can use as many monitors with different views
cockpits outside rightside leftside tail instruments moving maps
here it is 2019 and why not have the same with Trainz
I guess not to many want or care about this
I guess Trainz has not gotten enough feedback on this issue all these years

I will post this also in Train A new Era and one other!!!
Edit (by mod): ... and those have been removed. Don't make the same topic multiple times.

TonyG

Last edited by a moderator:
There has been a bit of feedback on this and I can recall a few posts requesting that the different displays or camera views available in Trainz be made portable to different monitors.

I have two monitors attached to my desktop and main Trainz computer. The larger monitor I use for Trainz (Surveyor and Driver) and the other to display Google Earth, CM or other software that I use in route/session development.

I do not know how popular such a feature would be - after all you will need to have additional monitors and good ones are not necessarily cheap. But I can see that having one monitor showing the cab view, another in train tracking view and a third (for those who can afford it) in map view, would be interesting and useful.

My GTX760 has no problems running TRS19 on the larger monitor and Google Earth on the other.

Same here. I run two monitors an older 27-inch Samsung as my main monitor for Trainzing and stuff I want to read all the time and an older 23-inch Samsung which I use for browsing while Trainzing on the big monitor for mail, Google Earth, and other things that require two displays such as having Content Manager for querying assets.

I do think that having the map open or other things moved to a second monitor is very useful for us.That's one of the issues I find now with TRS19 is stuff always gets in the way as I'm trying to view things even at full screen (in windowed mode at 1920 x 1080).

This topic came up at length in the Trainz Dev forum sometime ago, and there is some consideration taken on this, but like a lot of things who knows if it will ever be implemented.

I guess that splitting the Trainz driver screen spanning it on 2, or more monitors, like a wrap around screen is impossible ?

And that an expensive super wide screen curved monitor is the only way to get a 180 degree Wide angle view is the only way ?

Last edited:
I guess that splitting the Trainz driver screen spanning it on 2, or more monitors, like a wrap around screen is impossible ?

And that an expensive super wide screen curved monitor is the only way to get a 180 degree Wide angle view is the only way ?

I used to run it on triple screen set up for sim racing chassis. i moved it off the sim racing pc as thats it sole purpose now, but it was nice having the wide view in surveyor.

Actually it is quite possible. When running in windowed mode, you can drag the size of the window to fix your display. If you have two monitors of equal size, you can drag across and ignore the bezel on the monitors by squinting at them. This will give you the full two screens together. If you have two different sized monitors, your window will only be as high as the smallest display.

On the latest builds of Windows 10 you can always use Windows (key) + Shift + Left or Right Arrow keys to move the current application to another monitor. Very cool.
Omitting the Shift key toggle simply snaps the app to the left or right of the current screen.

On the latest builds of Windows 10 you can always use Windows (key) + Shift + Left or Right Arrow keys to move the current application to another monitor. Very cool.
Omitting the Shift key toggle simply snaps the app to the left or right of the current screen.

Wow. I always forget about the hot-keys. This is very useful! Thanks.

Back