Boat height

Ghost42

Most boats I place in the lake/sea either look sunk or have water lapping along the decks, is there a method to raise them? Just need a few in a harbour, static will do. Never noticed this before.

If you find that you want driveable boats you need to get the water height. There 3 different heights depending on boats used.

Water height plus 1m, -3m and -7m. The newest is plus 1m as the track can be seen in surveyor above the water, the others are hidden below.

Valid answer for static boats. But on driveable ones, you have two ways to do it: Adjust water height or adjust the invisible rail height. Problem is that you can't move the rail when the boat is above it. How to fix this? you can locate the boat in the session and adjust the height in the route, but you can't see what you are doing and is tedious to go back and forth from route to session just to see. What I do is locate another piece of track next to the main one you are adjusting, and move the boat there so you can adjust the main one until it is right with the boat over it. Then use the "get spline height" tool and click on each circle along the invisible route, so that the boat will travel exactly where you wanted.

About water height: It should be set to where you feel it should be on docks and coast line, not related to boats. There is a bug on this: You set water level and far away, at the joining of boards, one of the water levels is not as it is supposed to be. You adjust one and both move, throwing off what you set far away. For this, I set carefully a water level perhaps using the water line of a static boat. If there is a water level change for whatever reason, go back here and set it again to that water level of this static boat. The beauty of Trainz is that even orthodox, there is always a trick to do what may seem impossible (most of the times..)

Holding down the CTRL key while using the height tool can provide more precise adjustments, and using SHIFT even more precise increments of height.

Blimey, I never knew that! Saves a frustrating problem, gee only took me 18 months to find out lol (thanks) :hehe:

liebrez if you set the track height as stated below you wont need to adjust it. Another way if you want to is place a min track and place boat on it and then raise the track to get spline height.

Back