Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sessions for K&L Trainz and Backshop locomotives

Default Sessions for K&L Trainz and Backshop locomotives

I was just thinking about this for a long time. K&L trainz and Backshop have great locomotives and it is quite rare to find some of them on sessions. I was thinking about putting these engines into sessions but I'm not good at creating sessions step by step and I always like surprises. If any one could create a session with these locomotives for DLS that would be great.

United States of America, In Front Of My PC

This would only be good for those who buy payware assets, to all others that have none, the route would be just another blank route, with track, and textures
    Last edited by MP242; November 28th, 2019 at 11:20 AM.
    TS19, I Like It, I Like It A Lot ! (line from Robocop movie)

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

While this is a great idea, there's an issue with it. These are payware assets from a third-party which means that the sessions will be extremely limited to only those that own those particular models, meaning the scope of the session is really narrow. Generally, with that said, sessions are broader and contain readily available assets. You can always edit any session in the Session Editor and replace a consist with another.

If you want a K&L-specific session, look for the one created for Coal Country route by Scratchy. This is a payware route available either from Jointed Rail or from N3V. This session requires you purchase the PRR D10s to haul coal on the route. There is a similar passenger session available for Scratchy's Eagle River.

Creating a session is not difficult and a lot of it is just time consuming. Before doing anything "creative" do a simple session with Drive to and Drive via track mark, Navigate to and Navigate commands will work too, to direct your AI drivers. When you get past the simple stuff like this,you can start making more complex sessions use more of the outlier commands and rules. You'll find that once this is mastered, everything else fits in between.

When creating sessions, you need to do a small bit at a time, stop, drive and test, then continue. For my very large Ozark Valley and Western route for example, I broke the route up into divisions and I used the Schedule Library to organize the driver commands into these subdivisions. Writing out the driver name, route, and destination first before adding in commands will give you an idea where you want the driver to go. In summary thinking, being organized, and planning ahead is the biggest part of session writing.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    … If you want a K&L-specific session, look for the one created for Coal Country route by Scratchy. This is a payware route available either from Jointed Rail or from N3V. This session requires you purchase the PRR D10s to haul coal on the route. There is a similar passenger session available for Scratchy's Eagle River.
    John, really PRR D10s?
    They are class I1sa 2-10-0s otherwise known as Decapods, Decs or affectionally as Hippos by some who drove them. They rode like HE!!, where tough on the track but the Pennsy loved them and built in Altoona or by Baldwin a combined fleet of 598 to pull and shove freight over the Alleghenies.

Bite your tongue John,

Bob Pearson

PS Just kidding John but I'm fond of the Pennsy I1sa. One of the tops as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love to see more sessions for all of K&L Pennsy locos. I have most all of them. I'm not really a sessions player though. Coal Country is the only payware route I own. I really enjoy it but it was not designed for steam locos though they look great on it. It has no support facilities for them. Begs to be edited - note to self.
    Last edited by RPearson; November 28th, 2019 at 02:25 PM.
    TRAINZ-UTC-TRS04-TRS06-TC1&2-TC3-TS09-TS10-TS12-TANE(TEG)-TMR17-TS19
    Member since 6-14-2002

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by RPearson View Post
    John, really PRR D10s?
    They are class I1sa 2-10-0s otherwise known as Decapods, Decs or affectionally as Hippos by some who drove them. They rode like HE!!, where tough on the track but the Pennsy loved them and built in Altoona or by Baldwin a combined fleet of 598 to pull and shove freight over the Alleghenies.

Bite your tongue John,

Bob Pearson

PS Just kidding John but I'm fond of the Pennsy I1sa. One of the tops as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love to see more sessions for all of K&L Pennsy locos. I have most all of them. I'm not really a sessions player though. Coal Country is the only payware route I own. I really enjoy it but it was not designed for steam locos though they look great on it. It has no support facilities for them. Begs to be edited - note to self.
    That was my confusion because I also purchased lovely a bunch of PRR locos including some D16's so I was confused. Something felt odd when I wrote what I did, but I let it go. I own only a few payware routes with Coal Country and Eagle River being my favorites. I modified both to suit my style of driving, meaning I made up my own sessions in both and modified some of the track for extra sidings and branches here and there.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019: 98592

Alec --

I could do one as a "special request".

It would be a "Chuck & Joe" session for one of my TRS19 layouts, using one of the K&L locomotives I have in my roster, one of these:

Shall I go ahead? Which layout? Which locomotive?

Phil

Blog Entries

I think this is a great idea . It's not like they don't already exist in some from or another now . I would love to see more done for Coal Country . But there's more then I could post here that I would like to session made for . Always thought a package deal would make some content more interesting or used .

Matt
    work hard, Play harder

Does not matter philskene, any route and any engine will do. One part of the reason about my questions is that sometimes I'm not that good of setting up consists to match the era. I would also like to make up random consists for either DLS or other sites.

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Any session from Philskene will be great! I don't think there was ever made a locomotive that Chuck and Joe couldn't handle. Knowing my luck, Phil will use a K&L engine that I don't have yet, and of course then I'll have to go and buy it.
    Win-Win.

I've got some spare time this afternoon.

How 'bout:

TRS19.
    The Mann, Phrom, Laramee Railroad (1607 downloads thus far).
    K&L Frisco T54 Mountain 4-8-2
    Typical "Chuck & Joe" session -- a wayside freight calling at multiple industries (logs, mine, cattle, ...), general instructions from The Dispatcher, left to C & J to work out how to best achieve it, manual loading and unloading of commodities, ... .

I suspect the Frisco might be one of K&L's more popular locomotives.

Any objections? Comments?

Phil

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Alec --

I could do one as a "special request".

It would be a "Chuck & Joe" session for one of my TRS19 layouts, using one of the K&L locomotives I have in my roster, one of these:

Shall I go ahead? Which layout? Which locomotive?

Phil
    Riverside railroad co! Riverside railroad co! Riverside railroad co! Riverside railroad co! Riverside railroad co!

Quite possibly my favorite route of yours, and the first route I ever truly fell in love with. Man what a masterpiece. I love your routes Phil, but that one is your best work if you ask me. Not only the timelessness of it, but the potential for running long distance and short distance, the beautiful scenery, that long, snaking, deep brown river that follows the tracks, the draw bridges, the part where the track splits off into 2 mainlines that dance around each other for miles... oh the memories. From my TS12 days to my Trainz 2019 days, I never get bored of it.
    Its Ktrain! For gods sakes its Ktrain! Typos are a thing you know!

OK. Looking for appropriate rolling stock. Box cars, gondolas, hoppers, tank cars, ... .

Anyone know what the AAR Reporting Mark was for the Frisco?

Edit:
    Found it. It's SLSF. rgcx and others have a good selection of freight cars on the Download Station.

Blog Entries

Shoot, I can't wait.
    Its Ktrain! For gods sakes its Ktrain! Typos are a thing you know!

The session should be on the Download Station "soon".

See Post #30 here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...Railroad/page2
    _____

For those with other K&L locomotives and for those who also enjoy the "Chuck & Joe" style sessions you can, of course, substitute any locomotive for the one used in this session. Or for any of my other sessions for any of my layouts.

Phil

@ktain Thank you for reminding me of Phil's Riverside. In specific <kuid2:69871:2029:2> RiversideElectricRailroadCo 3a which I'm thinking would be great for K&L and Pweiser PRR.

TANE

It is quite old and which I think never got the TS12 update Phil did for his other Riverside but definitely some possibilities.

Edit: Doesn't look too bad in TRS19 either,

(Nice water cars hardtack!)
    Last edited by normhart; December 3rd, 2019 at 03:29 PM.
    Dear Kentucky,
    Thank you for sending us all your intelligent women.
    With Love,
    California.