Transfer content from TRS12 to TRS 19

lodger

There are warnings on the help pages that TRS19 might fail if TRS12 or T:ANE content from old TRS12 Local Date folder is imported into the new local folder in TRS 19 via the 'import content folder',, in the TRS19 Launcher.
I firstly need to change the Local Data path from the default one offered, presumably before I 'save' any routes or sessions in my newly installed TRS19, to the new path of the folder in which the old content data is kept, having been downloaded onto an external hard disk and transfered to my new computer?
Do you recommend this procedure, or should I forget the old content please?
John

I would just export to a cdp from TS12 and import into TS19. Much the same as I have done since TS06. It may be a slower process but probably safer.
You may get some errors and warnings on some assets since the validation for TS19 is much stricter than TS12.

Hi John,

The process I've done recently is to take the stuff I want first such as routes and sessions.

Download any missing dependencies and than transfer over anything that didn't download.

Now before importing the routes, you will have to replace the Speed Treez with built-in ones, or billboard trees first. This is an issue caused by IDV software who created Speed Treez making the older versions incompatible with the newer ones. For replacement trees, I recommend RMM's Speed Treez. They are Russian-named, but very well done and very recognizable as species we use ourselves. For billboards, look for Clam1952. His CL-series trees and bushes will fill a multitude of sins.

Once in TRS19, you can then replace trees again with what you want. If you use the RMM trees, you'll find they have updates available for direct replacement with updates available on the DLS.

Once everything is imported, you may want to check the DLS for updates. A lot of content has been updated to newer standards so this will save you the trouble of fixing assets. I also recommend keeping your TS12 install intact just in case you want to import older routes, or decide to bring in more content at a later date.

Importing builtin content via cdp will guarantee errors as the textures are compressed. Builtin and payware needs to be downloaded via package or from the DLS.

Back