Here is a few to look at:-

<kuid:86311:1810> Ground-grilled Unloader rusted - on DLS
<kuid2:86311:45154:1> Ground-grilled Unloader - this one is built-in to TRS19
<kuid:86311:1819> Ground-grilled Unloader dusty - on DLS

Here is a few to look at:-

<kuid:86311:1810> Ground-grilled Unloader rusted - on DLS
<kuid2:86311:45154:1> Ground-grilled Unloader - this one is built-in to TRS19
<kuid:86311:1819> Ground-grilled Unloader dusty - on DLS

These grain hoppers are being unloaded from the top by a huge robotic vacuum cleaner!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu4KT-T6cic

I have "Stover Feed Mill, LLC" with this track-side accessory:

GrainElevator,<kuid2:67794:28000:2> by fitz505

THOSE UNLOADERS WERE TOO WIDE AND BULKY SO I CUSTOM MADE MINE WITH:

MILW-Steel-Bridge-001-TS09,<kuid2:82412:611115:2> by tume
Wood Fence 02,<kuid2:133671:50021:1> by railcentre
Driveway 12 Foot Asphalt 02,<kuid2:106916:10138:1> by gfisher

Thanks Dave Snow for the neato grain truck!
That completes my grain industry scenery.

FUTlQiA.jpg

u2KZ257.jpg

Ev2zhsS.jpg

18jfWLQ.jpg

ZjqSzIf.jpg

Last edited:
"Under a grain hopper" ... You could put a few dozen pigeons, squirrels, around, and a pheasant or two, or even some wild turkeys, as they like to eat up all that spilled excess grain on top of railcar roof hatch's, and on the ground under the rail cars :cool:

In Canada, bears (as they are omnivores), deer, elk, and moose's (not to be confused with meece's) often forage piles of spilled grain, on, or near, railroad tracks.

Last edited:
"Under a grain hopper" ... You could put a few dozen pigeons, squirrels, around, and a pheasant or two, or even some wild turkeys, as they like to eat up all that spilled excess grain on top of railcar roof hatch's, and on the ground under the rail cars :cool:

In Canada, bears (as they are omnivores), deer, elk, and moose's (not to be confused with meece's) often forage piles of spilled grain, on, or near, railroad tracks.

Don't forget rats...

--Lamont

As a sort-of-related side note, a couple decades ago BNSF crashed a grainer not far from Sandpoint, Idaho one summer. It spilled carloads of corn. They yarded the cars out but the grain being unsaleable and no biohazard was left at trackside. The next autumn the city of Sandpoint was invaded by drunken bears stumbling into town and going to sleep in the streets. On investigation it turned out the corn had fermented and the bears were having a ball.

:B~)

I do presume you wish to know what infrastructure one needs to represent for unloading grain from covered hoppers. The short answer is that it depends on the car's bottom hatch, some gravity feed directly, while others use a pneumatic system such as Airslide. A gravity feed will have a grate under the car usually between the rails, frequently multiple bays/cars long usually with an auger feed. A pneumatic system will have hoses that connect to the side of the hopper hatch and it looks much more like liquid unloading than solids.

Back